Australia tour of India 2023 - 4 Tests , 3 ODIs

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
Not necessarily. The match is poised at great stage here.

I am not sure whether the pitch is to blame or whether our batsmen weren't able to read properly. In my opinion,there is a battle going on out there that deserves an audience.

Not so much of RIP for me.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Not necessarily. The match is poised at great stage here.

I am not sure whether the pitch is to blame or whether our batsmen weren't able to read properly. In my opinion,there is a battle going on out there that deserves an audience.

Not so much of RIP for me.

BCCI has not produced ONE pitch so far in this series, that has the potential to last beyond 3 days. It looks like a battle right now but that’s how it looked after Day 1 of the second test.

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
I agree that pitches are substandard. But, currently the team's folly has made for some interesting viewing. I also admit that this tactic of producing rank turners is back firing badly. the BCCI just doesnt see it cause the other nations play spin even worse than we do. However, we are pretty bad!

The BCCI would also not have dared to produce such pitches in the late 2000s when we played Sri Lanka and Pakistan regularly. We would have been walloped back then.

Fenil

PC Cricket Leagues Legend
Good to see the visitors fighting against our team. It makes match quite interesting. Hope India would make a strong comeback tomorrow.

asprin

Administrator
Admin
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Great application shown by Australian batsmen so far, don't think the pitch has eased up that much. Kind of makes me think that our batsmen were caught off guard with the amount of spin they witnessed, and let it dictate them for the rest of the innings.

Marnus, Khawaja, Smith and now Green and Handscomb definitely prove that it's not as bad it was made to look. They are in a commanding position now.

Skankhunt_42

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
India
Great application shown by Australian batsmen so far, don't think the pitch has eased up that much. Kind of makes me think that our batsmen were caught off guard with the amount of spin they witnessed, and let it dictate them for the rest of the innings.

Marnus, Khawaja, Smith and now Green and Handscomb definitely prove that it's not as bad it was made to look. They are in a commanding position now.
Yup! all but over it seems. IND need to bat out of their skin but before that they need to be consistent with line. Poor captaincy from Rohit too in holding Aish for so long. Interesting to see how new ball turns

B

Bigby Wolf

This was some good batting in the first hour by Australians.

The more the lead the better it will get for Australia to win the test match.

B

Bigby Wolf

How ironical it will be if Carey scores a good knock today by sweeping the shit out of the spinners today.

Last edited by a moderator:

Skankhunt_42

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
India
How ironical it will be if carry scores a good knock today by sweeping the shit out of the spinners today.
I see that desparation of jynxing AUS. Bring it on the Shhh--weeping

asprin

Administrator
Admin
India
Some lusty blows from Starc incoming. That bloke has a decent record in India if I'm not wrong.

Skankhunt_42

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
India
Some lusty blows from Starc incoming. That bloke has a decent record in India if I'm not wrong.
Absolutely... Already have a handy lead. Without 300 in 3rd innings IND has no way to get back to it.

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
Application was great, ate up a bit of time too. I fear though that Australia doesn't have a huge lead to make inroads here.

India's strategy when they come out to bat should be to attack. Gill will be key here on such a track.

asprin

Administrator
Admin
India
I fear though that Australia doesn't have a huge lead to make inroads here.
I disagree. It's already significant and dare I say potentially match winning. Barring VK in the first innings, no other batsmen looked assured. I expect that to repeat again as it will be in the back of their mind.

Skankhunt_42

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
India
They say fast bowlers hunting in pairs. What happening now is a absolute gem of cricket. I sincerely under estimated Umesh's utilisation other than a slogger in this match. I was so wrong. However, AUS are still in pretty commanding position though

Users who are viewing this thread