Bangladesh Tour of Zimbabwe 2009 (5 ODIs)

khalek

Panel of Selectors
Bangladesh will be touring Zimbabwe for Five ODIs this August and Zimbabwe coach said it's a must win series for them and on the other hand, Bangladesh will be looking to continue their good run.

Fixtures:

Aug 7 - Warm up match

Aug 9 - 1st ODI

Aug 11 - 2nd ODI

Aug 14 - 3rd ODI

Aug 16 - 4th ODI

Aug 18 - 5th ODI

All matches will be played at Bulawayo.

Last edited:

McLOVIN

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
thanks for opening!

BTW Mashrafe wont play this one either. he could be out for 8 months or more! :noway :noway

SciD

Chairman of Selectors
Zims have been strengthen by White players returning to squad.

Fluroescent

School Cricketer
Zims have been strengthen by White players returning to squad.
Untrue; only two players, the erstwhile Barney Rogers and the aging Trevor Gripper, have been offered contracts by one or two Zimbabwean provinces for the domestic league, and they are yet to join the Zimbabwe national squad; it is not known if they have even agreed to sign for these provinces. Former captain and Kolkata Knight Riders player Tatenda Taibu won't be joining either since he is currently locked in a conflict with the Zimbabwean board, with any chance of a return in the near future highly unlikely, while the controversial and less-than-average Mark Vermeulen, who hardly has an average to die for (20.82 in 32 ODIs) is the only new face coming back into the squad, after being exiled for having set fire to the Zimbabwean Cricket Academy. Vermeulen was actually one of the few White players to have offered himself to the Zimbabwe selectors after the famous strike by its contracted cricketers in 2004, but even then was rarely selected. I doubt their better players, like Sean Ervine, will ever return, as long as Mugabe's in power.

khalek

Panel of Selectors
Bangladesh need to find some way to play Ray Price well. Can anyone tell me what happened to Brendan Taylor, is he still playing?

Howsie

Chairman of Selectors
Bangladesh need to find some way to play Ray Price well. Can anyone tell me what happened to Brendan Taylor, is he still playing?

He left for Australia to play grade cricket I think, but I heard he was going back.

Crew of Black

Club Cricketer
Hopefully Vermeulen take a good stab at it and light the fires in Zimbabwe cricket once again...........................................um not literally though. :sarcasm

Though I expect Shakib Al Hasan to win this 4-1, only losing one because he feels pity for the Zimbabwe side and decides not to play.

khalek

Panel of Selectors
He left for Australia to play grade cricket I think, but I heard he was going back.

I think he played his last FC match in April 09 and he scored a 94 in that match but still he didn't play in the recent ODIs that Zimbabwe have played.

McLOVIN

Chairman of Selectors
LOL ^^ he was dying for this. he was just dying last series, he was bitting his teeth. now he finally got a chance. these kinda people just annoyes the hell out off me.

International Coach
The kind of ppl who actually point out the truth???and mate truth is bangladesh lost of zimbabwe A.

McLOVIN

Chairman of Selectors
no people like you who just waits for a lil chance to bash minnow teams...and bangladesh lost ok? so why does that make you so happy?

they were travelling for almost 4 days. they just got after 4 different flights and went to field. they are human too. they need time to adjust ...:sarcasm

Leverocks

School Cricketer
I'm tipping a close series with Bangladesh winning 3-2.

Users who are viewing this thread