Big Bash Boom | Big Ant's New Game

• Thread starter Deleted member 185125
  • Start date

suddyz

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I got the game for switch on day 1 and I have to admit that the game is broken in so many ways that it feels like an alpha version of what was supposed to be a cricket game. I have sent an email with a list of bugs and suggestions to bigant but haven't heard back.

There was a post on Reddit where someone supposedly contacted Ross and he confirmed that the switch version is an old build of the game and not the same as the PS4 and Xbox versions. How they can do this is honestly astounding.

Biggs

This guy gets it
BGZ..
Profile Flag
New Zealand (Silver Fern)
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
So anyone played this yet? Trailers looked super fun, but then I saw the price-tag. OUCH. $112 kiwicoins™ ...I can't really see that being justifiable given I dropped $75 beans for Assassin's Creed Odyssey.

Feels like an easy pick-up at $50-$80 but no-way is at $100+ price tag affordable given the content. ...and I'm ALL about supporting local developers and good folks.

What a bummer.

How's everyone doing?

suddyz

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
So anyone played this yet? Trailers looked super fun, but then I saw the price-tag. OUCH. $112 kiwicoins™ ...I can't really see that being justifiable given I dropped $75 beans for Assassin's Creed Odyssey.

Feels like an easy pick-up at $50-$80 but no-way is at $100+ price tag affordable given the content. ...and I'm ALL about supporting local developers and good folks.

What a bummer.

How's everyone doing?

Stay well clear of this steaming pile of hot rubbish mate.

CaptainOZ

Panel of Selectors
I think we need to steer clear of using this thread as a means to discussing employment ethics of BA or any other company. Let's stick to discussing the game as such. It is pure speculation.

These were people who made comments after a period of employment there. To dismiss them, or PC members' responses to them, as pure speculation is being a little obtuse.

I see your point, but not convinced.
Plenty of times I've been involved on threads where other people are discussing things that I would never have commented on: just because other people are slinging mud around doesn't mean it sticks to you (unless you throw back etc)

I think it's more important to discuss the fact that Glassdoor is hardly a great yardstick - The people most likely to post a review are the ones that felt slighted. If Big Ant have only produced a handful of those in like the 10 years that it has been "a thing" then that's not bad going tbh.
Before we start to not talk about it, let's challenge the validity of it a little - I'm always wary of these sort of sites where you can anonymously gripe.

I think this is a better way of putting it. But to be fair, there are other companies on there with high ratings in which 90% of ex-employees left a positive review - so it's not always dominated by those who feel slighted.
I still think the Glassdoor reviews give a reasonable snapshot of the BA environment.

Mitchell

Panel of Selectors
AUS..
Profile Flag
Australia
I believe there will be a patch in the coming days with some bug fixes

saferider4969

Club Captain
Profile Flag
India
There was a post on Reddit where someone supposedly contacted Ross and he confirmed that the switch version is an old build of the game and not the same as the PS4 and Xbox versions. How they can do this is honestly astounding.

Yeah, seriously. Btw the switch version doesn't have multiplayer it seems.

Here are the suggestions/bugs I sent them:

1. Game flow interruption: I don't know why you added the Big Bash Boom logo to appear after each delivery (is it because of assets loading? I don't understand what could be loading at that time), it breaks the flow of the game and on occasions it freezes when the logo shows up. It is not really a good design decision to have something like that which interrupts the flow, you'd essentially want the player to get back into action as quickly as possible.

2. Random power-up - Visual indication: As soon as the player activates the power-up, a random power up is selected and animation is played for that. There should be some visual indication of the pool of power-ups and pickup feedback before the power-up animation is played. E.g. A quick spin of a spin wheel which has all power-ups, it will excite the player each time the power-up is being picked and the possibility of seeing the pool of power-ups will make the player use it again and again without actually being clueless about how a power-up is picked at random. Essentially the player will have an illusion of understanding how a random power-up is picked.

3. Frame-rate: The switch suffers from really bad frame rate issues at random times in the game, on occasions the frame rate drops below 5.

4. Loading times seem to be really really long.

5. Difficulty: Even the hardest mode is too easy, I found the hard mode in Big Bash mobile to be much harder than Big Bash Boom.

6. Ball Size: The ball size on switch is so tiny that it is literally impossible to see the ball if it is bowled without a trail especially in handheld mode. The ball size should be at least 4-5 times of what it is right now.

D

Dutch

These were people who made comments after a period of employment there. To dismiss them, or PC members' responses to them, as pure speculation is being a little obtuse.
That may or may not be the case: but its not the subject of this thread.

JohnnyDGaming89

County Cricketer
I believe there will be a patch in the coming days with some bug fixes

Been a day one and one other patch so far for the PS4 and nothing changed, sounds like that planned Switch patch must be still going through the approval process with Nintendo.

CaptainOZ

Panel of Selectors
And piss poor posting.....
Well, that's your view. You want to be the Dad of the forums, the one who "knows what's best" for the place. Let everyone have a say, and let us get off topic for a while if that's what happens - nothing wrong with that.

Chief doesn't appear to agree with some of the criticisms made about BA, but his replies are measured and seem impartial, rather than giving us the "piss poor posting" shtick, and what comes off as the fanboy routine.

Let us just talk, without all the hissing and booing from the gallery.

D

Dutch

Mwahahaha enjoy your Shreaded Wheat....put your teeth in first though! :lol

Chief

Panel of Selectors
Chief doesn't appear to agree with some of the criticisms made about BA

To be fair, I didn't say I disagreed with them. I said it was unfair to assume they were true because of anonymous comments on a website.

You can read what I really think in my upcoming kiss-and-tell book. [HASHTAG]#teaser[/HASHTAG]

D

Dutch

And anyway its not about being off topic or not, it’s about trolling......

Users who are viewing this thread