Blockers bits... (retro)

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Reckon I might stick this in my next stream. Been thinking of doing one with some retro scenarios in

will definitely watch that if you do![DOUBLEPOST=1561287459][/DOUBLEPOST]
Someone should make Umpire Darrell Hair and make the lbw judgement like 5

Darell Hair was a good umpire. It was Darrell Harper that was shocking.[DOUBLEPOST=1561287511][/DOUBLEPOST]
Made this guy for a laugh... playing a game with him now but so far there's not been much chance for mischief due to a flat pitch.

ghERflD.jpg

Gives me an idea for making Darrell Harper...

He's been disconcertingly accurate so far, only one absolute shocker where thankfully I had a review (will post video) but I was hoping for some real comedy.

Spoobir

Thread of the Month March 2018
will definitely watch that if you do![DOUBLEPOST=1561287459][/DOUBLEPOST]

Darell Hair was a good umpire. It was Darrell Harper that was shocking.[DOUBLEPOST=1561287511][/DOUBLEPOST]

He's been disconcertingly accurate so far, only one absolute shocker where thankfully I had a review (will post video) but I was hoping for some real comedy.

It's too bad there aren't more options for umpire attributes, like perks.

Also reviews? I thought you were playing retro matches! :D

Last edited:

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
It's too bad there aren't more options for umpire attributes, like perks.

Also reviews? I thought you were playing retro matches! :D

Yeah I'd love to have more umpire flexibility - including being able to create Shakoor Rana-style "homer" umpires who favour a specific nation/team.

And of course having the old-style flat cap and cloak

My current game is the "Barbarians" vs "England Worst 90s" specifically to get the Barbarians a long-overdue Test cap, so I thought I'd use the real-world test format. Though tbh I actually hate playing with reviews, so I won't do it again even though I was glad I had them for that instance.

fezza

Club Captain
Just to say thanks for the retro stuff - really appreciated.

I have done a 1930s Leicestershire with the Ashes legend George Geary. Some player likenesses are better than others as I am mainly relying on team photos for many players. The kit uses some graphics from 1930s Australia as our traditional colours were similar. I have also done a rough approximation of their 1930s Aylestone Road ground. Happy to upload if people are interested in this stuff.

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Just to say thanks for the retro stuff - really appreciated.

I have done a 1930s Leicestershire with the Ashes legend George Geary. Some player likenesses are better than others as I am mainly relying on team photos for many players. The kit uses some graphics from 1930s Australia as our traditional colours were similar. I have also done a rough approximation of their 1930s Aylestone Road ground. Happy to upload if people are interested in this stuff.

Sounds great! Yeah upload I'd definitely be interested!

And thanks - I love that there's actually quite an appetite here for retro and we're getting a lot of stuff done

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Haha sorry about that! Really enjoyed the old feel to it tbh. Is much better than the modern games

It was funny actually, where you said you don't know anything about this game, and assumed there was an England collapse...

This is a very famous incident where England were looking well set when Gatting got out playing a reverse sweep, top-edged into his shoulder was caught out, then it all went a bit south and we lost buy about 8 runs (from memory)

Gatt's always got the blame but tbf as that scenario shows we should have won from there.

I am a bit too young to remember this that well, (I would have been 6 when this happened) but my first really vivid cricket memory was from later that yeat when Gatting had his tear-up with Shakoor Rana. (or rather, I remember the news controversy.)

(2nd dismissal here, about 15 seconds in - not only is he outside the line but the umpire's arm goes up before they start appealing! :lol:lol:lol:lol:lol)

Users who are viewing this thread