Blockers bits... (retro)

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
2 behind square and 5 in total if I remember cirrectly

yes i think so.

there was also in those days (or possibly it came in later) that during the power plays you had to have 2 "catchers" (i.e. close fielders) but that rule isn't possible in the academy as it hasn't been operational for a while.

Llewelynf

FRIEDLELE
SA.....
Profile Flag
South Africa
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Cheers bud. I'll knock that together tonight. Btw how hard is it to design a logo in this game? :lol I tried just to make a black circle. Ended up with, well it wasn't round haha
It is tricky but once you get the hang of it, it gets easier

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Reckon I'm going to borrow your test league idea, but go for teams from when I can remember getting into cricket in the late 90s. Started cobbling together and England team, how did we ever win a game :lol:facepalm

Actually I was thinking myself that i'd love to do a 90s one as well. We had some shocking players in that era, but some excellent ones too - just no consistency[DOUBLEPOST=1562797805][/DOUBLEPOST]I've noticed my umpires getting downloaded - I hope people are aware how shocking their judgement stats are :lol:lol:lol - i've had some "great" decisions in my 80s tests :cheers:lol

Ed Smith

Gaffer
ENG....
Northern Superchargers
The Boys
Profile Flag
England
Actually I was thinking myself that i'd love to do a 90s one as well. We had some shocking players in that era, but some excellent ones too - just no consistency[DOUBLEPOST=1562797805][/DOUBLEPOST]I've noticed my umpires getting downloaded - I hope people are aware how shocking their judgement stats are :lol:lol:lol - i've had some "great" decisions in my 80s tests :cheers:lol

Bro my teams bowling attack is Caddick, Gough, Fraser and Giles. It's horrid :lol

I think i have all your umpires and my own David Shepherd. Makes things interesting.

I've got a 90s test side for India, Australia, England and India if you want me to upload them like.

Reactions: DAP

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Bro my teams bowling attack is Caddick, Gough, Fraser and Giles. It's horrid :lol

I think i have all your umpires and my own David Shepherd. Makes things interesting.

I've got a 90s test side for India, Australia, England and India if you want me to upload them like.

Put in Tuffers for Giles and that’s a decent attack.

We put out much much worse attacks than that in the 90s! I’m thinking players like Igglesden, Ilott and Mcague!

relaxedanderson

County Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
I've been thinking about this a lot recently when I've been doing my own 90s stuff.

England in the 90s had a lot of very good players and even a few excellent players. What all the other teams (apart from NZ and Zim) had however was 2, 3 or 4 all-time legendary players. Ambrose, Walsh, Lara, Wasim, Waqar, Warne, McGrath, Ponting, Waugh, Murali, de Silva, Sachin, Dravid, Donald, Kallis, Pollock.

England didn't have anyone at that 'freak' level and it was those players that were almost always the difference when they played.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread