Bollywood Movie Thread

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Watched "Mumbai Meri Jaan" last night. Was a very good film. Lots of messages. But it tried a little too hard in putting across the messages.

But still, a hard hitting film. Soha Ali Khan should start a 'crying school'. She is damn good in crying scenes, yaar (Rang De Basanti and this film?)

Cricketman

ICC Chairman
Ghajini is the highest grossing film of all time. The tamil version was better, but got to hand it to Aamir. His performance was as usual absolutely brilliant and the way he changed his body and marketed it was amazing.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
@ Rohit: And also, Aamir has hit an absolute purple patch right now. Whatever he touches turns gold. His production 'Jaane Tu...' was a blockbuster and got so many awards inspite of being an usual story. His first attempt at direction was TZP and its now one of India's best ever films. Ghajini inspite of the criticism it got, has turned to be India's highest grossing film now.

This guy absolutely deserves it. Nice to see a perfectionist reaping the rewards.

Chetan0304

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
A New Marathi film "Me Shivajiraje Bhosle Boltoy" relesing on 3rd April, the day is special for me, and i ll surely get this ticket and watch with my friends :D

Last edited:

Neo95

Club Cricketer
It seems that Dasavatharam will release in Hindi.

Cricketman

ICC Chairman
Sai, Ghajini is not just India's highest grossed film, but the highest grossed film EVER. That's crazy!

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
It was crap in Tamil.Cant see it becoming a hit in Hindi.But Kamal was at his usual best anyway.

I agree... Confused a hell lot. I am pretty sure the movie would bomb badly in Bollywood as people would first not understand what its all about. Its Kamal's attempt to show that he is the most intelligent of all in the industry and in the process, he forgot that the story/screenplay must be understood and must go in a flow thats easy to follow for the common man.

naresh091

International Cricketer
Yeah the same can be said about Mumbai Xpress.None understood the film.
Oops the topic has shifted to tamil cinema now.Back again to Bollywood.....:p when is the film scheduled to be released in hindi?

jkartik

Chairman of Selectors
well, Mr.Universal Hero has gotten himself entangled in the vicious cycle
of I, Me , Myself !

he thinks hes making some oscar winning work but ends up failing miserably.

anyways, releasing it in hindi is a bad idea...it'll definitely bomb especially
considering the way hindi cinema is heading towards. after ghajini,
no film in the last 4 months have been a hit or collected over 30 crores...

bollywood is in a pretty dismal state. the technical elements have improved
dramatically and have almost reached hollywood levels but the writing / script dept is still million times behind hollywood.

film-makers today are resorting to cheap masala stuff over and over again
and take the audience for granted. perfect example is CC2C !

naresh091

International Cricketer
^^ I'll Agree completely.Kamal povides a lot of quality to cinema,but he just overdoes it,Which even his own fans fail to understand.

Chetan0304

Chairman of Selectors
Saw Kambakht ishq, Kareena (who plays a Model and a surgeon) coincidentally operates Akshay as he injures himself in a stunt action scene, Kareena leaves behind her watch in Akshay's stomach which every now and then plays the song "Om mangalam Mangalam". and the rest same Bollywood happy ending and all :/

1/5 don't go for it, :noway wait for any other big release.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
Watched New York and Kambakth Ishq in the past week. Kambakth Isq - 2/5. Poor remake of a Tamil film (Kamalhaasan's "Pammal K Sambandham"). A watch slipping into the patient's stomach and nothing happens to the guy? This idea was so stupid in Tamil, and they copied this into Hindi? Its a comedy that cant be watched with the family (so much foul language, poorly dressed girls).

New York was far better, but it had a bad ending. It gets 3/5 (I rated it 2.8/5 in some other thread, but compared to KI, I rate it 3/5). Luckily for the industry, both films are turning out to be superhits. But quality wise, its not up there

saisrini80 added 1 Minutes and 8 Seconds later...

^^ I'll Agree completely.Kamal povides a lot of quality to cinema,but he just overdoes it,Which even his own fans fail to understand.

Instead of Dasavatharam, Kamal could have dubbed his "Vettaiyadu Vilayadu" in Hindi. I guess now, Amitabh might play that role in Hindi directed by Gautham Menon (GM makes brilliant cop thrillers in Tamil in true Hollywood style).

Users who are viewing this thread