Tutorial Bowling Tips

Dabi

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I get most of my Wickets by Clean bowled :).
I even hit the wicket by a full toss...but the stumps does not uproot!!!!..Why codies didn't make the wickets uproot!!:doh:doh

how do you do it with the fast / medium bowlers??? How???? I've get one or two per test match! at best.

Master Khan

National Board President
PAK...
Profile Flag
Pakistan
how do you do it with the fast / medium bowlers??? How???? I've get one or two per test match! at best.

Well I always make the ball spin into the wickets.. and sometime they will miss the ball and BAM!! into the wickets......But it doesn't uproot.
I hit the wicket at 94 MPH and still it just moved abit.:doh

piyumy

School Cricketer
How to bowl special deliveries those are in previous versions. (Bouncer to Yorker for fast bowlers, Normal spin to Googly for spin bowlers). How to use this deliveries :help

How to get swings after bowl is released by bowler & while the bowl is in-the-air. :help like we do in previous versions. :sarcasm

also how to get throw on the right end. :help
Prob is dont know when to press key to get the throw at right end.

D

Dutch

You have also got to get the batters confidence down by grinding them down, ball after ball. You can't expect to get a fearless batsmen out every ball. Use tactics and captaincy to push them on to the backfoot and then play a good inswinger into the stumps, or a slower ball often helps as well. Thats what I do like about this game; with cricketing tactics you can get people out....patience is the key!

dutchad added 5 Minutes and 45 Seconds later...

How to bowl special deliveries those are in previous versions. (Bouncer to Yorker for fast bowlers, Normal spin to Googly for spin bowlers). How to use this deliveries :help

How to get swings after bowl is released by bowler & while the bowl is in-the-air. :help like we do in previous versions. :sarcasm

also how to get throw on the right end. :help
Prob is dont know when to press key to get the throw at right end.

To choose the end to throw at you have to hold the handle up or down (that is the case on my controller) in the direction you want the fielders to throw at and keep it there. If the yellow marker on the stumps is orange you know you are doing the right thing!!

Dabi

Club Captain
You have also got to get the batters confidence down by grinding them down, ball after ball. You can't expect to get a fearless batsmen out every ball. Use tactics and captaincy to push them on to the backfoot and then play a good inswinger into the stumps, or a slower ball often helps as well. Thats what I do like about this game; with cricketing tactics you can get people out....patience is the key!

I've tried that, I once bowled 30 overs (Ashes), I went for 32 runs and even at that time the bloody openers were bold or something. They got hesitant in between but suddenly after a few overs (without any boundary) Hughes decided, right, I've got my confidence back up!

Oh and generally, what's more likely to take a wicket, an inswinger or an offcutter? (bowleds)

D

Dutch

I've tried that, I once bowled 30 overs (Ashes), I went for 32 runs and even at that time the bloody openers were bold or something. They got hesitant in between but suddenly after a few overs (without any boundary) Hughes decided, right, I've got my confidence back up!

Oh and generally, what's more likely to take a wicket, an inswinger or an offcutter? (bowleds)

I find the inswinger more effective but only once I have set the batsman up in the right way. Yes openers will be bold even if they are batting for a long time. It's their job to do so. With them you have to get them playing shots, entice them, leave a gap, have slips etcetera. Good luck.:)

Dabi

Club Captain
I find the inswinger more effective but only once I have set the batsman up in the right way. Yes openers will be bold even if they are batting for a long time. It's their job to do so. With them you have to get them playing shots, entice them, leave a gap, have slips etcetera. Good luck.:)

Yeah I guess, I'll be getting the openers in the covers then...There was this one occasion though whn I bowled 6.4 overs of straight balls, outswigners and off-cutters to the left-hander and then the 6.5th ball I moved the cursor from outside off to middle and off and got Katich LBW, playing a cover drive or something. That was my best moment in the game! :D

locherbread

School Cricketer
anyone have Bowling tips for a beginner

Ok I am relatively new to Cricket and to Gaming Cricket my problem is I'm struggling on the bowling I played as Australia on Hard and choice to play against a week opponent in Kenya when bowling no matter what shot type I choice the were hitting them for 4/6 like it was the easiest of easy..

So can anyone give me some tips on best shot choice to beat cpu opponent I would be most gratefull

Oh and I have done the tutorial but that doesn't seem to have improved my chances..

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
Have you watched some of the youtube videos? That will give you an idea of where to bowl.
Also did you manage to get joy2key working for you?

Hitterman

International Coach
A simple trick I know in PC. Just choose a LH/RH Fast bowler and then place the cursor behind the stumps straight. Use full speed. There is a high change that batsman will be clean bowled or LBW.

This worked for me and helped me to win 6-7 matches online.

AbhishekS

Chairman of Selectors
Just aim for a yellow spot while bowling.
That might solve your problem to some extent

jamershepp

School Cricketer
How is the AI getting 500 plus against some lucky players? Whats your bowling style?

I just want to know how the ai is scoring 500+ against some fortunate player or just good style of bowling?

Please tell us?

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
I really don't know!! It's not as if they smack it around constantly - quite often, they're fairly quiet on the boundaries front...

I don't use any exploits, like pack the offside ringfield so that the AI keeps getting caught there, I don't go fully defensive when the AI's in slog mode, otherwise they just get out too quickly and I save/reload for AI suicide-o-runs. I've got no interest in learning about any 'insta-wicket balls', since that just ruins the game. I usually find 'death balls' by now, but so far I haven't found any in AC 09 and I don't want to know about any either. :)

If we could just get a few more LBWs/bowled wickets, the edges to behave properly and some more steeplers that go miles in the air and get caught in the covers somewhere, this game will be immense, as far as the bowling side goes. Oh and this 'slog trigger' needs to be found and killed as well. ;)

locherbread

School Cricketer
Have you watched some of the youtube videos? That will give you an idea of where to bowl.
Also did you manage to get joy2key working for you?

Yeah managed to finally get the gamepad working, could you possibly link me to the youtube tutorial as I'm nearing had enough, played as New Zealand against Zimbabwe had them at 20-4 after 3 innings (pretty good for me) only for the next Zimbabwe bowler to totally own me hitting three 6's and five 4's they ended 67-4 and all I could muster in response was 57-5 I am truly awful at this game :doh:help

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
Well hold tight for the patch as I've found that I have to bowl quite differently using it anyway. The aggression and pacing from the AI is also much improved.
What difficulty are you playing on?

Users who are viewing this thread