Tutorial Bowling Tips

saleh_hbk

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
ok how do you get a lbw with a spinner??

where do i put the ball etc, anyone else get a wicket please reply :)

thanks.

D

Dutch

ok how do you get a lbw with a spinner??

where do i put the ball etc, anyone else get a wicket please reply :)

thanks.

I am trying to get a few videos going of a couple I have taken with the patched version. Absolute beauties. I'll see what I can do. Don't hold your breath though as you will probably die before I work out how to do it!:)

T-Hawk

School Cricketer
Help with bowling

I need some serious help with bowling because I'm pretty terrible at it

I hardly ever pick up wickets with the Quick bowlers, I'm either slogged or I get a run out, which is rather annoying

I'm able to pick up wickets sometimes with the Spinners, but when I use them I'm constantly hit for a 4 or a 6, this is horrid and makes spinners un-usable for me, even when I bowl a "good" bowl I'm hit for a 4 and most of the time the economy rate for my spinners is about 12+ most of the time :mad:

So yeah I need some help :p

Dabi

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I need some serious help with bowling because I'm pretty terrible at it

I hardly ever pick up wickets with the Quick bowlers, I'm either slogged or I get a run out, which is rather annoying

I'm able to pick up wickets sometimes with the Spinners, but when I use them I'm constantly hit for a 4 or a 6, this is horrid and makes spinners un-usable for me, even when I bowl a "good" bowl I'm hit for a 4 and most of the time the economy rate for my spinners is about 12+ most of the time :mad:

So yeah I need some help :p

Online / offline?

With patch, without patch?

T-Hawk

School Cricketer
Offline, and without patch as I'm using the 360

Dabi

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Well I haven't played offline in ages but I'll give it a try till more experienced hands come and help you out. What you need to do is :

1) Check out the 'Bowling Tips' thread, a lot of posts to sift through but some really good information there.
2) With the quick bowlers, the best way is to get them playing on the up. This can be acheived by bowling where the cursor is yellow and occasionally throwing a slow ball or pitching it slightly shorter than you're pitching it, causing him to play a little earlier. Bowleds and LBWs are very rare so don't count on those. The odd ege can also be induced by changing up the delivery type occasionally and then generally bowling it a little fuller than your general length, causing him to be late on the shot.
3) With the spinners, assume it's an ODI and use in and out fields, those are the most effective.

For all bowlers, change the delivery a lot at the last moment, for example: If you've selected an inswinger, when it's time to press the button again to 'confirm' the ball, press some other delviery type so that it gets changed. The AI can get confused that way. Although like I said, keep a general plan (yellow zone, one or delivery type) and then bowl the odd different ball, usually after 2 odd viewers. The shorter the duration of the match, the shorter the 'set up'. Hope that helps, although I know this isn't very detailed, hopefully someone who plays offline a lot will help you out!

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
And then when you get the patch, forget every last bit of that, because it changes everything: the game recognises a proper length now. :)

surendar

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Can we stick with one bowling thread for all suggestions and problems pertaining to bowling please. :)

MuchMore

International Coach
Profile Flag
Fiji
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Can anyone suggest me how to use the drift when bowling with spinners? AI does it at times but I can't decide how!

Also, how to get bat-pads using spinners.

jinxjack

School Cricketer
Does anyone know how to drift the ball while bowling with a spinner?

CaptainOZ

Panel of Selectors
I've read through all these pages but still am not clear on a few things about bowling.

1. Is yellow bad?
2. Do I have to match the colour of the bowling meter with the colour of the reticle?
3. Is dark green bad?

Basically I have uncertainties about the colour of both the meter AND the reticle.

Ponting is an absolute MONSTER in this game. He hits fours and sixes everywhere at more than a run a ball. Hard to contain him.

D

Dutch

I've read through all these pages but still am not clear on a few things about bowling.

1. Is yellow bad?
2. Do I have to match the colour of the bowling meter with the colour of the reticle?
3. Is dark green bad?

Basically I have uncertainties about the colour of both the meter AND the reticle.

Ponting is an absolute MONSTER in this game. He hits fours and sixes everywhere at more than a run a ball. Hard to contain him.

I had thought lighter the colour better the placement on the aiming circle, the lighter the colour the better the release in the bowling meter. My experience is is that you can still play around with these parameters and bowl a good ball and that if you only bowl exactly "perfect' balls AI gets on to you after a while.

I mix length and line and ball type throughout the over to try and dislodge the batsmans confidence.

I usually bowl a 'containing' approach from one end and a more attacking option from the other. I try not to think about getting wicketts too much rather bringing the batsmens confidence down. As I have now learnt, bowling a maiden effects the batsmens confidence as well so it pays to put pressure on them by trying to limit runs as much as possible.

A logical thing of course in real cricket but nice that it is also implemented in this game too.

Giggs11

Club Cricketer
I do wish they would come out with some kind of statement making everyone more clear on some of the areas of bowling as there seems to be some uncertainties still as im not 100% sure myself. The lighter the better was my impression:)

CaptainOZ

Panel of Selectors
I do wish they would come out with some kind of statement making everyone more clear on some of the areas of bowling as there seems to be some uncertainties still as im not 100% sure myself. The lighter the better was my impression:)

There was something about "changing the delivery at the last moment". Does this mean using a different delivery button to the one you pressed when you started the delivery? Or does it mean changing how much swing or spin is on the ball at the last moment? Or both??

I'm still stunned by Ponting's ability in the game. He's on 149*(111) at the moment!

Giggs11

Club Cricketer
There was something about "changing the delivery at the last moment". Does this mean using a different delivery button to the one you pressed when you started the delivery? Or does it mean changing how much swing or spin is on the ball at the last moment? Or both??

I'm still stunned by Ponting's ability in the game. He's on 149*(111) at the moment!

What kinda match you playing and hows it going??

Giggs11 added 1 Minutes and 27 Seconds later...

And gotta be honest with you dont really have a clue what they mean with the bowling techniques, this is still very unclear to me.

Users who are viewing this thread