Burma's Finest 1080p HD Resolution Bat Textures: Pre-Release Preview

Status
Not open for further replies.

Burma's Finest

Executive member
Profile Flag
England
For those who remember me, hello again!

For those who don't, hello for the first time! I've been making hi-res bat textures for cricket games since EA's Cricket 2004. Some of you may even have used them. ;)

Anyway, this is really just a heads up for those of you who are looking for graphic patches and updates for Ashes Cricket 09. As the Admin team have already announced, we can't post patches that don't work on legal retail copies of the game so, until we (that is to say AbBh :)) has finalised a method to enable legitimate patching, this thread will serve as a preview for the textures I'm working on in the meantime.

I know there are a lot of people struggling to run the game on the lower graphics settings but I myself am lucky enough to be able to play with the graphics cranked up to full at 1920 x 1080 on a 50" plasma TV. I don't say this to brag, simply to give some background on why I'm doing this (and, of course, to make the_gas proud! :p). As a result, I want to make sure that I have the highest resolution textures possible. Transmission have done a pretty good job with their textures for the most part but the bats are, in my opinion, lacking a little bit.

Eventually, I will release a full bat pack the likes of which I did for Cricket 04, 05, and 07 to replace all of the current bats. For now though, I'm going to start with bats that have been overlooked from the retail version, most of which are used by players from the subcontinent. I've already done most of the bats used by Indian players including:

Britannia (SG)
Hero Honda (VS 319)
Reebok
SS Ton
SG Sunny Tonny

I'll post screenshots of those and the source textures in due course. For now, as a taster, here's Sachin Tendulkar with an MRF Genius.

3859353388_67fe88c034_o.jpg

Kshitiz_Indian

Executive member
That is awesome mate, a bit off topic but aren't you pissed off at the lack of AA, especially on a 50" inch screen? I think that was pretty poor on Transmission's part.

Other than that, it feels great now that you've returned!

Amiya

Panel of Selectors
Wow Burma_finest is back. I remember i used your 150 batpack for Ea c2k5. Nice to see you back. Any way the bat look pretty excellent and High quality although i haven't play the game.
Btw the player looks much like Sehwag rather than Tendulkar. Lol.

Pranav

ICC Board Member
Look who's back. :D

That screen-shot looks amazing. It'd be great if you manage to create a big batpack as you did for the previous games.

Once again, welcome back. :)

Last edited:

Burma's Finest

Executive member
Profile Flag
England
Btw the player looks much like Sehwag rather than Tendulkar. Lol.
Haha, well spotted. Can't get away with anything in HD. :)

That is awesome mate, a bit off topic but aren't you pissed off at the lack of AA, especially on a 50" inch screen?
Well, I just set my graphics card to force 8X AA etc. so not too bad. ;)

It'd be great if you manage to create a big batpack as you did for the previous games.
Not sure if that's going to be possible. Will depend on how cunning Colin and AbBh can be. ;)

SciD

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Welcome back mate. Can you make them small also. They look too long as compared to humans.

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
Excellent work, good to see you back! Now all we need is a way to insert these into the game...

shrenik

International Coach
Welcome back BF....and as far as the bat is concerned...i dont even have words to describe how realistic you have made it

shan111

Associate Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
The bat making legend is back!:banana2
Nice work there, I hope you can make a batpack like you did with EA titles.

MS Dhoni

School Cricketer
Have you also found the way to insert these bats into the game?

ar31an

School Cricketer
Welcome back Burma Finest, and nice work for the batpack.

Covvy

Panel of Selectors
The great one returns;). Really hope now that PS3 editing can be possible in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread