Buying Don Bradman Cricket in UK

scampy

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
Ok. So us Brits seem to need a thread to discuss how we will go about buying this title when it is released on 03/04/14.

Does anyone have a useful import option for getting a copy sent over from the southern hemisphere?

Tru Blu Entertainment Pty Ltd facebook page is still saying "UK: Distribution and release date TBA" some 48 hours after the initial global release was confirmed.

So who has a plan to get hold of this game in the UK asap after 03/04/14?

Previous experience of Tru Blu operating in the UK, with the release of Sidhe's Rugby Challenge I & II, tells us that we cannot wait for them to get their act together as the likeleyhood is we will not see the game in the British Isles. (Rugby Challenge not seen in Tesco/Asda/Sainsbury/Morrisons etc - and only occasionally in Game etc.)

Pity, given that we offer probably the second largest market for this game, we are reduced to scrummaging around for over-priced import options if we want to play the game.

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
For a second I thought blocker had created the thread :)

zombieian

International Coach
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
Ross has already mentioned that supplies of the game are on their way to the U.K. It's only a matter of time before we hear when and where we can order the game. I am prepared to wait until we get the update and won't be ordering from an overseas supplier.

Biggs

This guy gets it
BGZ..
Profile Flag
New Zealand (Silver Fern)
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Haha. I'll get you UK folk the game whenever you need it... I'll get it for you good.

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
In case you are looking at retailers who ship internationally from Aus/NZ, I have come across the following two...

1. MightyApe.co.nz | Online Shopping | Next Day Delivery
2. JB Hi Fi - Buy Cheap TVs, Computers, Laptops, iPads, iPhones, Mobile Phones, Home Theatre, Music, Movies, Musical Instruments, Games & Game Consoles.

But for the moment I will hold on to get more info on UK retailers as we should have more info within a week. If UK retailers are able to ship it on 3rd April you don't need to worry about importing it.

scampy

Club Captain
Thanks

In case you are looking at retailers who ship internationally from Aus/NZ, I have come across the following two...

1. MightyApe.co.nz | Online Shopping | Next Day Delivery
2. JB Hi Fi - Buy Cheap TVs, Computers, Laptops, iPads, iPhones, Mobile Phones, Home Theatre, Music, Movies, Musical Instruments, Games & Game Consoles.

Super. Thanks that is what I was after.

When Tru Blu are involved, options are always good! :thumbs

Biggs

This guy gets it
BGZ..
Profile Flag
To put it simply, you're actually crazy if you pay import-prices for this game. Legit crazy... self-fulfill a "whinging brit" cliche all you want, but you'll have the game to buy in the UK sooner than later, Ross has said as much. The idea that you have to (quote) "scrummage [sic] around for over-priced import options" is down to your own poor decision making, instead of just waiting a few more days for an official announcement of a UK distributor.

UnknownSoul

Associate Cricketer
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
orrrrrr..... Why don't we just wait for ross/trublu to let us know either way instead of panicking like children it's out in 3 weeks, it wont matter if you preorder today or the 1st of april... still going to get it either way. As said many times already ross has said stock is already going to the UK so there in Nothing to worry about. :)

----------

To put it simply, you're actually crazy if you pay import-prices for this game. Legit crazy... self-fulfill a "whinging brit" cliche all you want, but you'll have the game to buy in the UK sooner than later, Ross has said as much. The idea that you have to (quote) "scrummage [sic] around for over-priced import options" is down to your own poor decision making, instead of just waiting a few more days for an official announcement of a UK distributor.

Totally agree, I really don't understand all the panic about this...

Biggs

This guy gets it
BGZ..
Profile Flag
Storm in a teacup. Clearly going to take more time to get stock to the UK, that's all it is. They're being British-cautious of printing a release date until they have actual stock in hand there. What a surprise...

UnknownSoul

Associate Cricketer
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Storm in a teacup. Clearly going to take more time to get stock to the UK, that's all it is. They're being British-cautious of printing a release date until they have actual stock in hand there. What a surprise...

Ross would get abuse either way if he'd of uk release same time.. knowing theres maybe a 5% chance of a problem with getting it there in time then a week from release tell us we're going to be late. He's just being honest and people calling him a liar are out of order. All he's ever done is be honest with us from the start.

zombieian

International Coach
It's just a game. It won't be the end of the world if arrives on time, a month late or never.
Our Antipodean cousins can play with themselves.:eek:

Biggs

This guy gets it
BGZ..
Profile Flag
It's absolutely nothing to do with Ross. I don't know where people get the concept that he has any control over distribution stuff like this. He's mailed the game off to TruBlu weeks ago, it's all in their hands and they handle that shit. In all likelyhood there's a deal already been done and the distributor is being cautious and waiting until they have stock in hand before letting people know they can get the game.

It's all with TruBlu, since they don't post here, maybe shout at @Ross if it makes you feel better, but it's absolutely nothing to do with @BigAntStudios and I don't know why he's wearing it, getting called a liar or having posts deleted by admins.

UK folk might have to wait a bit longer for something? Holy shit, welcome to how the rest of the world deal with BluRay, Movies and Games releases the majority of the time.

If you're that desperate to play the game, go ahead and import it, especially if you've got cash to do so, it's exactly what I would do because I love cricket, but bitchin' about it is just ridiculous because you'll get the game sooner than later to buy at the local "Horse n' Disc" or whatever you call your games stores over there in Londontown...

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
It's just a game. It won't be the end of the world if arrives on time, a month late or never.
Our Antipodean cousins can play with themselves.

zombie, you are dead to me :mad

Users who are viewing this thread