Career Mode in Cricket 22 (Discuss your career here)

GuyIncognito

Chairman of Selectors
AUS..
RCB...
MS
Melbourne Stars
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Australia
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Before I tag Matt has anyone got any other items for improvements in career mode. Here are my-
• The ability to see the final standings/results/players stats after a competition finishes. Currently once you play last game it just disappears and only shows standings for the next comp you are in.
• Bring back the selection chances screen from C19. The ability to see your country's and other competitors future fixtures and your individual chance of selection for each. Plus you can see where your country will be touring and when stuff like Ashes is due. Currently there is only box which tells you your chance for all formats, surely our chance is different for each? This is a regression not an improvement on C19.
• A players CV screen which shows what you have won both as a team and individual. Currently no way to see apart from having a good memory.
•Players finances- a total pot which shows how much money you have made from MOMs and maybe even draft money from franchise cricket. Would be great addition to compare with friends.
•The ability to see the calender and potential clashes of completions when you are offered the chance to play somewhere, then to prioritise a certain comp so you don't miss a final cause you have to travel back to England to play in the County championship for example.
•In C19 your gold perk tab would allow you to prioritise which format you wanted a greater chance of selection in. Why not there in C22.
•ICC Team and player rankings screen
•World view screen showing all future fixtures, current fixtures etc
•In C19 we would get a mail saying that we had made the lineup and it would show the lineup, in C22 you don't get to see the lineup until you are in game and it only shows for 10 secs before disappearing. Now if your are bowling first you might not know your lineup until the 2nd day!
•Some players have reported having to travel back and forth from different country's during tournaments. In C19 you were just stationed in one comp and that super seeded other comps.

Other gameplay issuies
•Can we have it that the umpire signals out before you get the visual text at the bottom and also on run outs the players celebrate before the OUT sign is shown.
•Different coaches for different teams
•meeting new team mates in one of your other teams kits
•If you appeal in game you can't continue to get to the ball and the batters will always take a cheeky run as your squad is frozen for a few secs.
In terms of gold perks, those don't exist in C22. Its just perks now. Plus its a total new system, if you're not a fan of it then there's not much that can be done. I personally like the new system.

And don't tag Matt, this isn't a support thread/platform. Just send through a suggestions ticket in their support system and that will get to a dev.

Sparks

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
In terms of gold perks, those don't exist in C22. Its just perks now. Plus its a total new system, if you're not a fan of it then there's not much that can be done. I personally like the new system.

And don't tag Matt, this isn't a support thread/platform. Just send through a suggestions ticket in their support system and that will get to a dev.
I was more pushing the point of being able to assign a format preference to increase selection chance in that area like C19 did. It makes it feel more realistic especially modern day players.

Matt certainly offers a lot of support on planet cricket and has helped many players so not sure why you are telling me not to tag someone that responds with great information from the headquarters. Eitherway the idea is to as a community come up with one definitive list so not to fill pages of threads.

smurfygray86

Associate Captain
Before I tag Matt has anyone got any other items for improvements in career mode. Here are my-
• The ability to see the final standings/results/players stats after a competition finishes. Currently once you play last game it just disappears and only shows standings for the next comp you are in.
• Bring back the selection chances screen from C19. The ability to see your country's and other competitors future fixtures and your individual chance of selection for each. Plus you can see where your country will be touring and when stuff like Ashes is due. Currently there is only box which tells you your chance for all formats, surely our chance is different for each? This is a regression not an improvement on C19.
• A players CV screen which shows what you have won both as a team and individual. Currently no way to see apart from having a good memory.
•Players finances- a total pot which shows how much money you have made from MOMs and maybe even draft money from franchise cricket. Would be great addition to compare with friends.
•The ability to see the calender and potential clashes of completions when you are offered the chance to play somewhere, then to prioritise a certain comp so you don't miss a final cause you have to travel back to England to play in the County championship for example.
•In C19 your gold perk tab would allow you to prioritise which format you wanted a greater chance of selection in. Why not there in C22.
•In C19 we would get a mail saying that we had made the lineup and it would show the lineup, in C22 you don't get to see the lineup until you are in game and it only shows for 10 secs before disappearing. Now if your are bowling first you might not know your lineup until the 2nd day!
•Some players have reported having to travel back and forth from different country's during tournaments. In C19 you were just stationed in one comp and that super seeded other comps.

Other gameplay issuies
•Can we have it that the umpire signals out before you get the visual text at the bottom and also on run outs the players celebrate before the OUT sign is shown.
•If you appeal in game you can't continue to get to the ball and the batters will always take a cheeky run as your squad is frozen for a few secs.
Spot on this. Especially the clashes I’m 9 years into a career and in the middle of an ashes test I’ve got another test with India and two t20 games with Yorkshire it’s a bit of a mess. Also the wicket graphic before umpire gives out is a bit annoying.

stanchez47

Little Timmy

Personally I think it would be great to hear from someone involved with the game to explain why so much of it was half baked and either half tested or knowingly released with with major issues. They even had an extra week because Tim Paine couldnt keep his d*ck in his pants and we still ended up in crash city. located just near overthrow town.

Ross Symons doesnt want to answer questions - if you ask anything legitimately raising questions about the game (not a support request) you get ignored or a smartarse answer and blocked. On the other hand if you tell him how great the game is you get a response. And yes I agree the demanding questions he gets on twitter (which seem to come primarily from one section of the community) deserved to be ignored or blocked but legitimate questions should be addressed.

And seriously if we tag Matt, Ross or Pat Cummins I dont think it would really matter. The focus will be on patching gameplay issues (then sending out hotfixes after the patch has gone out) adding awesome features like pyrotechnics, new bowling actions and other fluff and working on the new AFL game. I would think we are very close to the patches every Wednesday drying up, more posts about the AFL game, less about cricket and Ross and the team telling us everything is fine.

cricboi

Club Captain
Maybe just tag who was ever in charge of perks so they can explain why they are stuck at level 1 and why when we try to change them there are only fielding alternatives available.

stanchez47

Little Timmy
Maybe just tag who was ever in charge of perks so they can explain why they are stuck at level 1 and why when we try to change them there are only fielding alternatives available.
As Guyincognito said this is not a support forum and I severely doubt we would get a straight answers. Considering the way Ross acts why would the rest of his team act differently. And seriously think of all the questions that have been asked and yet to get answers -

- How do perks work?
- Why do they not change?
- How does training effect stats?
- Why does there seem to be 2 sets of stats relating the players abilities?
- Why are both the quick and normal sessions exactly the same and seem to have no time limit?
- How are stats accumulated?
- Why is it no matter what you do stats for spinners such as bounce, turn and flight don't seem to increase?
- We were promised a guide to career mode is it coming?

I think the odds of getting any of this answered or fixed are long shots.

smurfygray86

Associate Captain
As Guyincognito said this is not a support forum and I severely doubt we would get a straight answers. Considering the way Ross acts why would the rest of his team act differently. And seriously think of all the questions that have been asked and yet to get answers -

- How do perks work?
- Why are both the quick and normal sessions exactly the same and seem to have no time limit?
- Why is it no matter what you do stats for spinners such as bounce, turn and flight don't seem to increase?
- We were promised a guide to career mode is it coming?

I think the odds of getting any of this answered or fixed are long shots.
On the stats for spinners I’m 9 years into a career and my turn is at 70 bounce at 65 and flight at 80 only recently they’ve been going up I’ve been taking note not sure what I’m doing to increase them but they are increasing. I’d love a run down on it all

Cozza

Club Cricketer
You can raise them in the nets but you are fast bowling. I don't know if theres a way to bowl spin in the nets. I spent a bit of time writing a note about what delivery trains what.

This is my leg spinner career

Standard = off break
Cross Seam = flight
Leg Cutter = special delivery
off cutter = Turn
Bouncer = bounce
off swing = top spinner
in swing = arm ball
slower = drift

smurfygray86

Associate Captain
You can raise them in the nets but you are fast bowling. I don't know if theres a way to bowl spin in the nets. I spent a bit of time writing a note about what delivery trains what.

This is my leg spinner career

Standard = off break
Cross Seam = flight
Leg Cutter = special delivery
off cutter = Turn
Bouncer = bounce
off swing = top spinner
in swing = arm ball
slower = drift
Yeh you can bowl
Spin in the nets. So to get my turn up what delivery should I be doing ?

stanchez47

Little Timmy
Just go to bowler settings it’s in there or on career it should do it automatically

In Career Mode in the nets it will always default to batting (for some reason I still default to training with Yorkshire when I havent had a contract for 3 years) Go into the setting screen for the net session and change the bowler from pace to spin (finger or wrist, whatever you are) then select the bowling game. I prefer to use the spin option rather than pace simply because it is a shorter run up.

Again this is just where Big Ant have put so little care into this section of the game. You keep seeing your "Target Bonus" being x2, x6, x10 etc etc. I've just kept doing it until it got to x200. All I know is I bowled a lot of delivery's, mainly just aimed at the stumps. So that begs the question - Whats the target? Is it the stumps? Is it a particular line/length? Why is the pitch in some weird half shadow? So many other games make very clear, very short training mini game that make sense. It feels like Big Ant went "Yeah mini games are cool! Everyone loves a mini game!" and then lost interest.

Cozza

Club Cricketer
Just go to bowler settings it’s in there or on career it should do it automatically

I can see where i went wrong.

You change it to spin in batting set up then goto bowling set up and start the bowling game. I was just starting bowling set up and game which was automaticly making me fast bowl.

God the ui is terrible sometimes.

Anyway, if you wanna get your turn up. Go fast bowling and just bowl a whole bunch of off cutters.

Sparks

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England

Other gameplay issuies
For those that are interested I got a reply in discussion thread page 758.
@disco123 @ahmad ejaz @stanchez47

GuyIncognito

Chairman of Selectors
AUS..
RCB...
MS
Melbourne Stars
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Australia
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
For those that are interested I got a reply in discussion thread page 758.
@disco123 @ahmad ejaz @stanchez47
Here's the skinny of it:

The $1000 on the POTM cheque is just art put that on there when making the oversized cheque prop - it's not an indicator of broader money system. Basically there was no obvious use case for money in Cricket, while down the track it might be a nice leaderboard or something, nothing planned for this game.

Fully managing clashes is something that would be ideal, but isn't going to happen in this edition - but it should correctly prioritise finals and the like. If you have cases like that we'd likely need to look into your save file to see what went wrong - so that's an area to contact support for the specific case.

I've re-upped the task on this one to see the status - it is certainly how it should have happened.

Will find out if there's options here to display this differently. I know we've had discussions around finding a way to give some more detailed info as to just how close you are - as a lot of times we get a support task from someone playing for a long time thinking they are making no progress is a few matches away from an offer.

The text status shows your highest chance status out of all the formats.

These all would be good, can't make promises at this stage.

I'll have to find out if there's something else we can do here.

In 22 Perks were adjusted to remove secondary effects - as those couldn't be substantiated as to their effect on your overall ranking - which is part of the key to how the Online League systems work as well as online balancing in general - for example some of the perks would have random boosts - which could substantially advantage one player, but if they never activated, it would be a wasted slot and a disadvantage.

I believe most of the cases of the latter should be resolved, but I'd have to check. I don't know the answer about the coach thing, it certainly was the intention that they'd be different.

• The ability to change batting/bowling styles throughout career
Will have to make a note of these and find out. Top one I think should be improved in this week's patch.

There's an ongoing task right now reviewing through all these aspects, correcting some errors with how those things were supposed to work and how their effects were intended. Nothing in this week's patch I believe, but there are absolutely known issues that training/gym stuff is not as intended.

Not sure what you mean about 2 sets of stats - I know there's some spots with inconsistent numbers, which should already have been partially resolved so far, but would need more info there.

In general terms the system is that in game your actions boost your skills by levelling up the skills by earning skill AP - and skills of the same general category as the specific skill are boosted slightly. The nets are the same, you play, the things you do give you AP, which in turn helps you level up - but without the match situation needing to suit.

The issues right now are a mixture of things not working correctly in the first place, needing better UI to explain what's happening, and areas where effects need to be stronger.

- How do perks work?
Similarly for perks, known issue. The idea is as you bat/bowl/field more your relevant perks should level up, which will increase the amount of skill boosts they apply. This needs some UI improvements in addition to make this generally clearer. Hope to have more progress in this area soon.

Will need to look into this one. Are you sure you're bowling deliveries using those modifiers for bounce/flight?

Users who are viewing this thread