Career Mode in Cricket 22 (Discuss your career here)

Sparks

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
Thank you
Ok so just checked and I was wrong the only way to check your teammates historic stats is in the standings section like you said and then they will only show if they have played a game in that comp plus its even more clicks away from the selection lineup screen

smurfygray86

Associate Captain
Ok so just checked and I was wrong the only way to check your teammates historic stats is in the standings section like you said and then they will only show if they have played a game in that comp plus its even more clicks away from the selection lineup screen
Cheers pal. Hopefully something that will be addressed for future. Career mode needs a little love

timmy94

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
What’s with the massive delay in being able to control your player after a delivery?? The amount of time wasted or runs sneaked when it’s gone inches past me is annoying.

My player bowls spin. Is there anything I’m doing wrong is that just the way it is??

GuyIncognito

Chairman of Selectors
AUS..
RCB...
MS
Melbourne Stars
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Australia
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
What’s with the massive delay in being able to control your player after a delivery?? The amount of time wasted or runs sneaked when it’s gone inches past me is annoying.

My player bowls spin. Is there anything I’m doing wrong is that just the way it is??
I had that issue on cricket 19, seems to be affecting specific bowling styles.

GuyIncognito

Chairman of Selectors
AUS..
RCB...
MS
Melbourne Stars
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Australia
The pace bowlers seems to be reacting better. It's the spinners who don't do anything.
Yeah, I had pace bowling style 6 in cricket 19 and couldn't move for a few seconds so this issue isn't surprising to me.

stanchez47

Little Timmy
I agree that the game was not ready to be released and had many flaws (and still does) but you cannot compare a game that has no competition and a relatively small and loyal consumer base to other industries that have immense competition and much higher stakes. The reason people don't stand for a busted Marvel movie or car is because there are viable alternative products and how lucrative it is for those with market share to maintain it . BA is the only game in town and the product they develop isn't exactly the most popular/profitable. That's not to say we shouldn't still make suggestions and vent and file tickets and advocate for improvements, just that taking a scheduling issue in career mode as some great disservice is a bit unrealistic at this point.

And don't get me wrong, I was super upset a month ago when the test gameplay was terrible and players refused to pick up balls. I was also upset when all the patches were updating niche features when fundamentals were off. But eventually I just accepted that all I can do is enjoy the game for what it is, hope it improves over time and learn from other players here as to what they're doing to improve experience.

The problem is not just the scheduling issue its the 20 other things in career mode, the banner mode that we were told had so much focus put into it, that is the disservice.

And to say that because BA is the only game they can release something that is not ready and charge full price for it is an argument that has been going for a while. Lets just say if this is what they are planning to do with the AFL game then they will be testing the loyalty of their customer base.

GuyIncognito

Chairman of Selectors
AUS..
RCB...
MS
Melbourne Stars
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Australia
The problem is not just the scheduling issue its the 20 other things in career mode, the banner mode that we were told had so much focus put into it, that is the disservice.

And to say that because BA is the only game they can release something that is not ready and charge full price for it is an argument that has been going for a while. Lets just say if this is what they are planning to do with the AFL game then they will be testing the loyalty of their customer base.
banner mode?

GuyIncognito

Chairman of Selectors
AUS..
RCB...
MS
Melbourne Stars
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Australia
One they advertised strongly.

Actually it was the only mode they really talked up...........View attachment 264426

No worries Bajo.
Still doesn't say what banner mode is. A screen grab of something talking about "it" can be applied to anything.

stanchez47

Little Timmy
Still doesn't say what banner mode is. A screen grab of something talking about "it" can be applied to anything.

As I said Guy - "One they advertised strongly." Its in the post you replied to.

Lets replace "banner" with "headline" mode if that helps.

Last edited:

GuyIncognito

Chairman of Selectors
AUS..
RCB...
MS
Melbourne Stars
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Australia
Had a really fun, challenging hundred for Middlesex last night. Custom sliders with the patch from last week has made the game super enjoyable. Was scoring all around the ground, had inside edges, dropped catches, edges through the slip cordon. Normally I strike the ball at about 100 but at the moment with my set up I actually have play cautiously and pick and choose when to attack. To be honest, it didn't feel scripted at all when compared to earlier builds of the game.

100.jpg

Only negatives is left arm spinners (well, spinners in general) are still over powered and AI either change the field every ball or not plugging a gap at all in the field if the player targets it.

Disharies

#ready2strike
RCB...
LQ
Sydney Thunder
Manchester Originals
TPCL Titans
Profile Flag
Nepal
Had a really fun, challenging hundred for Middlesex last night. Custom sliders with the patch from last week has made the game super enjoyable. Was scoring all around the ground, had inside edges, dropped catches, edges through the slip cordon. Normally I strike the ball at about 100 but at the moment with my set up I actually have play cautiously and pick and choose when to attack. To be honest, it didn't feel scripted at all when compared to earlier builds of the game.

View attachment 264449

Only negatives is left arm spinners (well, spinners in general) are still over powered and AI either change the field every ball or not plugging a gap at all in the field if the player targets it.
whats your slider

Users who are viewing this thread