Career Mode Talk

I never have any wickets called by the infield or outfield anymore. Or the slips. They are useless. They are literally all caught by the keeper, bowled or the occasional LBW. Not very realistic. Although my bolwing average and strike rate is quite realistic considering I'm a batting all rounder (average 35 odd with the ball). I have the AI set on legendary.

Anyone get wickets by catches to this infield, outfield and slips cordon?

passwordistaco

Panel of Selectors
I never have any wickets called by the infield or outfield anymore. Or the slips. They are useless. They are literally all caught by the keeper, bowled or the occasional LBW. Not very realistic. Although my bolwing average and strike rate is quite realistic considering I'm a batting all rounder (average 35 odd with the ball). I have the AI set on legendary.

Anyone get wickets by catches to this infield, outfield and slips cordon?
Yeah on occasion. Most wickets are snicks to the keeper though but I've had a good share of catches in the ring/LBW/Bowled.

Crassus

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
Few questions. I'm halfway through the second season in club cricket in England and have had mixed success but seem to be absolutely nowhere near the county game. How long does it tend to take to get selected? I average 36 with the bat and 48 with the ball.

Also does anyone else find t20s pointless? I'm in the middle order and most of the time don't even get to bat. Then I bowl maybe 2 of my 4 overs despite only going for 3/4 an over and nobody else taking wickets.

StrongAsAnOx

School Cricketer
Profile Flag
England
Few questions. I'm halfway through the second season in club cricket in England and have had mixed success but seem to be absolutely nowhere near the county game. How long does it tend to take to get selected? I average 36 with the bat and 48 with the ball.

Also does anyone else find t20s pointless? I'm in the middle order and most of the time don't even get to bat. Then I bowl maybe 2 of my 4 overs despite only going for 3/4 an over and nobody else taking wickets.

Hi

I'm towards the end of my second season on two career modes (an all-rounder and an opening batsman). Averages are slightly higher than yours and I'm 'getting attention' from county sides on one where selection difficulty is normal and further ahead (can't remember the phrase used in the game - maybe 'expecting call-up') on easy selection difficulty. For normal if you keep going as you are, maybe a call up end of season 3 early season 4?

I agree about the t20, my all-rounder has the same problem, rarely bats and sparingly used as a bowler even with good figures. I'm hoping to be offered captaincy so I can bowl myself out more often.

Crassus

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
Hi

I'm towards the end of my second season on two career modes (an all-rounder and an opening batsman). Averages are slightly higher than yours and I'm 'getting attention' from county sides on one where selection difficulty is normal and further ahead (can't remember the phrase used in the game - maybe 'expecting call-up') on easy selection difficulty. For normal if you keep going as you are, maybe a call up end of season 3 early season 4?

I agree about the t20, my all-rounder has the same problem, rarely bats and sparingly used as a bowler even with good figures. I'm hoping to be offered captaincy so I can bowl myself out more often.

Cheers. I lack patience with the bat so tend to go big early... Either getting a low score or a daddy hundred (have two double centuries for example). It's ridiculous as I got 200 in 115 balls and my strike rate is well over 100 generally yet don't even get considered to move up the order in white ball cricket.

Reactions: DAP
Draws in first class matches don’t seem to be working. I’ve had a few matches that go to the end of the 4th day. Rather than the game being called a draw, it goes into a 5th day and the commentators mention they are playing a super over when the match continues to play out as norma. Absolutely bizarre but sadly not surprising in this bug riddled thing.

DAP

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Really am enjoying the career mode. As everyone knows, Indian Career Mode doesn't have 'others' or club cricket matches. It's split into two forms of first class list a and t20 cricket. Ranji and Duleep (when it still had zonal teams) formats of the game.

I am captaining: Delhi, North Zone and Victoria. It's awesome.

My difficulty is Veteran, Hard and Hard. However, I will admit that I keep my selection difficulty to easy, because at normal somehow breaking into the team is hard. Also, I never did make it to the Indian team back in Ashes Cricket. This time in Cricket 19 I did, and had an amazing outing.

I like the guy who manages and coaches me. Love it when he asks me sign up for a team.

Overall, a treat to play this game.

Also, the perk system and other skills are good improvements.

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
Hi,

I love this game.
But there is one issue. I am playing as a Bowling All rounder in career mode. I am unable to take wickets. All the edges fall short of either the wicket keeper or the slips. I have moved my wicket keeper and slips Up. Still the edges or the catches don't carry to them.
When AI is bowling, there Wicket keeper and Slips are really close to wicket. But when i am bowling, there are not close.
Can we move the wicket keeper and the slips more close to the wicket so the catches can be taken?
Thanks in advance.
This totally depends on the pitch and basically think like a bowler.. If the pitch has amazing carry like hitting the WK gloves hard then get it up there in the driving length.. If its really loopy and hardly carries then short of good length or good length should be your go to delivery.. Also try using cross seam if the carry is lower as with cross seam you get that zip you need for the ball to carry to WK and slips..

I am batting all rounder and I never had that issue.. Yes some drop short but its basically the length playing a role.. If you are not happy with it then maybe increase pitch and ball bounce a bit more to your liking..

Reactions: DAP

DAP

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
This totally depends on the pitch and basically think like a bowler.. If the pitch has amazing carry like hitting the WK gloves hard then get it up there in the driving length.. If its really loopy and hardly carries then short of good length or good length should be your go to delivery.. Also try using cross seam if the carry is lower as with cross seam you get that zip you need for the ball to carry to WK and slips..

I am batting all rounder and I never had that issue.. Yes some drop short but its basically the length playing a role.. If you are not happy with it then maybe increase pitch and ball bounce a bit more to your liking..
I do agree, I do make use of the short ball, quite well on pitches with good carry. Plus I always click L3 and check the batsman’s weakness and try to exploit it. I think you can make use of this @rajsin87702

Users who are viewing this thread