Career Mode Talk

Razpor

Club Captain
Profile Flag
India
Really am enjoying the career mode. As everyone knows, Indian Career Mode doesn't have 'others' or club cricket matches. It's split into two forms of first class list a and t20 cricket. Ranji and Duleep (when it still had zonal teams) formats of the game.

I am captaining: Delhi, North Zone and Victoria. It's awesome.

My difficulty is Veteran, Hard and Hard. However, I will admit that I keep my selection difficulty to easy, because at normal somehow breaking into the team is hard. Also, I never did make it to the Indian team back in Ashes Cricket. This time in Cricket 19 I did, and had an amazing outing.

I like the guy who manages and coaches me. Love it when he asks me sign up for a team.

Overall, a treat to play this game.

Also, the perk system and other skills are good improvements.
Its really disappointing though to not have club cricket for India. I really enjoyed making it to first class from the very lowest level,i have no idea why they removed it when other nations have it available , it was there in all the previous games . :noway :( please Big Ant bring it back .

DAP

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Its really disappointing though to not have club cricket for India. I really enjoyed making it to first class from the very lowest level,i have no idea why they removed it when other nations have it available , it was there in all the previous games . :noway :( please Big Ant bring it back .
I actually don’t mind this current one, personally. Each to their own. But, don’t be sad buddy!

gillyboy04

Associate Cricketer
AUS..
Profile Flag
Australia
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
One thing that really annoys me with career mode is the drastic reduce of some of the older players skills. I've found in some of my teams that there is a few of the older players who are rated below 20 now, I'm only a couple of years into the career as it is. You'd think they would just retire by then rather than staying in the squad, because if you play them they can't do anything because they are that low rated, or the rate of reduction of skills for players as they get older should be slower if that is possible. Ridiculous seeing a 14 rated de Villiers in my Middlesex team! Meanwhile some of the younger players who were rated 40/50 odd at the start are now rated 70/80 odd.

passwordistaco

Panel of Selectors
One thing that really annoys me with career mode is the drastic reduce of some of the older players skills. I've found in some of my teams that there is a few of the older players who are rated below 20 now, I'm only a couple of years into the career as it is. You'd think they would just retire by then rather than staying in the squad, because if you play them they can't do anything because they are that low rated, or the rate of reduction of skills for players as they get older should be slower if that is possible. Ridiculous seeing a 14 rated de Villiers in my Middlesex team! Meanwhile some of the younger players who were rated 40/50 odd at the start are now rated 70/80 odd.
Found this too. Really weird stuff

skgijoe

School Cricketer
I'm currently playing for Western Wolves in the Indian county league, and am about to get an offer from teams in the JLT Sheffield Shield. If I accept the new offer, can I still play for both teams? Or does it mean I can only play for the team in JLT?

TemPSaad

Associate Captain
The most disturbing thing is that these oldies actually hog a spot in the playing xi despite rated so lowly

Bigby Saint

School Cricketer
Can you change Club teams in career mode? For instance in Ipl there's auction and players change teams. I know theres no auction but can you change Ipl teams in career mode after a season?

zub2005

International Coach
Made me OD debut for Western Wolves. Good innings but was a bit selfish, didn’t take too many risks before holding out for 76.

Any tips how to get T20 call up.. don’t bat enough overs

Attachments

• 1710A0A1-C824-4915-A136-FA74F0A7342A.jpeg
    1710A0A1-C824-4915-A136-FA74F0A7342A.jpeg
    515.7 KB · Views: 21

Jerm

International Coach
SA.....
Profile Flag
South Africa
Can you change Club teams in career mode? For instance in Ipl there's auction and players change teams. I know theres no auction but can you change Ipl teams in career mode after a season?
only if you get offers from other teams in the next season

Reactions: DAP

DAP

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I'm currently playing for Western Wolves in the Indian county league, and am about to get an offer from teams in the JLT Sheffield Shield. If I accept the new offer, can I still play for both teams? Or does it mean I can only play for the team in JLT?
Both. I captain both North Zone (I replaced the on disk North India team for the one by @wasteyouryouth) and Victoria at JLT Shield. Can play for both, though it's funny when both matches are together, as one happens after the other and my player is travelling to Australia and India back and forth :lol[DOUBLEPOST=1564325477][/DOUBLEPOST]
Made me OD debut for Western Wolves. Good innings but was a bit selfish, didn’t take too many risks before holding out for 76.

Any tips how to get T20 call up.. don’t bat enough overs
My selection difficulty is easy, but anyway you have to do well in your state's T20 Competition first!

Willoughby63

User Title Purchaser
ENG....
Mumbai Indians
RCB...
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Sydney Sixers
Profile Flag
England
Hi all,
As a current player of Ashes Cricket, I am wondering whether it is worth buying the new(ish) Cricket 19. I mainly play career mode. I am wondering whether it will be rewarding enough as currently I am averaging 30 in club cricket (recently started new career) in AC yet in 4th season not yet called up with selection on easy. Will I get a feeling of reward, and ultimately, is it worth an extra £30? Thanks in advance!
I apologise if I don’t portray what I am saying too clearly as my choice of words isn’t great

TommoN

Club Captain
Finally got round to starting a bowling career for the first time this year and I’m equally as disappointed as I was last year

As a medium pacer the issues that were there last year haven’t been sorted. The keeper is only standing 10 yards back and the ball doesn’t carry to him (I keep to 70mph at club level, it definitely carries further than that) They only step up once the ball bounces on the way through to them, and then the next over they’re straight back to where the ball wont carry. I catch the edge at least 5/6 times an innings and I’ll be lucky if one carries. The only time they carry is if the batsman plays an attacking shot. I’ve literally never had a defensive edge carry to the keeper in this game. Completely unrealistic to the point that it ruins bowling. Before anyone asks, yes I do bring the keeper and slips up as far as possible.

So I tried a fast bowling career mode and beggars belief, the exact same issue. On a standard track with 4 slips a gully stood about 10 yards away from the bat, defensive edges don’t carry from 90mph bowling, what the hell is going on here?

The only wickets I can get are caught at short leg, or scooped up to the leg side.

I really love batting on this game but bowling (literally half the reason I bought this game) is unplayable unless you start as a spinner.

This is, what, the fourth iteration of this game and the issue of the ball not carrying constantly and edges falling constantly short are still here. Do they not know how to fix it, or do they just not care?

Load FM

Club Captain
I've been doing my usual batting all-rounder (part time spin) career in Cricket 19 on pro difficulty. Despite many improvements and a far better visual layout, there are a couple of issues that really grind on me.

1. In every edition of the game I've been given too many overs for what is effectively a part time spinner. I'm getting bowled out in 50 over & T20 games consistently & regularly getting 15-20 over in 3 day club games. I've never been able to understand it and it makes progression very slow until you get the captaincy.
  2. The batsman refuse to attack me in 50 over games! It's fine in 3 day & T20 matches, but I'm going for an economy of 1 or less per over in almost every 50 over game. This then leads to the above problem even more, as I have unrealistically economical figures compared to my team mates. This one seems to be an issue with this game only, I don't remember having the issue in Ashes Cricket or DBC 17.

Max727

School Cricketer
Hey All,

I just got it on Steam and it seems the amount of international teams available is reduced from Ashes 2017.

Is there a way to start a career mode with and Irish or Afghani player?

Cheers,
M.

StrongAsAnOx

School Cricketer
Profile Flag
England
Hey All,

I just got it on Steam and it seems the amount of international teams available is reduced from Ashes 2017.

Is there a way to start a career mode with and Irish or Afghani player?

Cheers,
M.

Unfortunately not

Users who are viewing this thread