Check out this realistic TEST Match Vs AI (Pakistan)

harishankar

Panel of Selectors
India
CSK
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
I have enough fun in this game in T20 though I can beat the weaker teams easily.

The key is to bat and bowl as a weaker side against a strong side like Australia.

Australia are the toughest opponents in this game and even with sides like England or India, they are tough to beat (in T20).

For a real challenge try 10-overs a side game. Now those are really hard, because the AI goes after the bowling and you're always under pressure to chase at over 9 runs an over.

I've never had the patience to play a ball-by-ball Test match in BLIC 07, so I guess I might never play the longer version of the game.

I have fun beating the AI even with all the bugs though. That's what makes BLIC really good - it's fun to play even if it is a tad easy.

Chimp132

International Cricketer
played a few matches with the comp 100% bowling confidence and just pitch point on, was quite good, got hit alot and couldnt score as freely, only major problem i had was that the comp always has close catchers, so any ball that you defent pops up into the air even if you time it perfectly, that really annoyed me, the score could go from 40/0 to 40/2 just from a few defensive shots

as for bowling to the comp with the comp having 100% bating confidence, i havnt tried it yet but id guess that the computer would just hit over the top almost every ball or charge down the wicket ? i might try it later tonight before i go to bed

formula1man

International Cricketer
played a few matches with the comp 100% bowling confidence and just pitch point on, was quite good, got hit alot and couldnt score as freely, only major problem i had was that the comp always has close catchers, so any ball that you defent pops up into the air even if you time it perfectly, that really annoyed me, the score could go from 40/0 to 40/2 just from a few defensive shots

as for bowling to the comp with the comp having 100% bating confidence, i havnt tried it yet but id guess that the computer would just hit over the top almost every ball or charge down the wicket ? i might try it later tonight before i go to bed

it depends what type of mood their in some do some dont.
but with a hard pitch and 100% confidence it makes harder to get them out especially if theyve been there for an over or 2

sridharbulusu

Club Cricketer
even T20 and 10 overs a side is **** easy :(
specially against the weaker sides i always bowl em out for something like 30. :eek:

sux totally!!!! :mad

Same i cant play 50 overs, leave alone test match!!!!!!!
i got other things to do as well.

If only enough ppl would be playing online beatin the AI is too easy. :crying

Chimp132

International Cricketer
i need to unlock the tools option again, my profile didnt save properly, i ll do it later probaly.

@sridharbulusu - if you want a challenge then play as ireland V australia 6 overs a side, either let the computer simulate the bowling or you can bowl, up to you.

sridharbulusu

Club Cricketer
cheers mate will try that out!!! :cool:
I might also use the player editor to decrease the skill of all players in my side.

morson93

Club Cricketer
Ok people think i restrict myself but i don't i play like a real cricketer and here is what i have done.

before the game always make the pitch hard, ball 20 overs old, opposition 100% confidence now thats not restricting myself.
  1. dont charge all the time
  2. don't hit straight back past the bowler coz its always four
  3. no moving in the crease.
now none of these things are really a big deal to me. i dont do them anyway coz its not realistic anyway. you cant say these are restrictions as there not.

When batting in ODI i turn only pitch point on nothing else. as with the opponent 100% they turn them into yorkers and bouncer at the last minute which bamboozle you.
In test matches all aiming is off so its a real touigh slog.
i think this is the closest thing to restricting myself.

When bowling i do only two things, use the fields i listed and just let the batsmen get set for a few overs. the best way to do this is to bowl a line or length that wont hit the stumps, than when their in its really hard to get them out. Use the two fields i said for ODI than the new field i just posted for Tests.

There i hardly feel restricted.

@Chimp. to unlock 100% confidence you need to complete all tutorials with tony Greg. will take 5-10 minutes and transforms the whole game. it is the tools cheat.
what is wrong with the ODI field please explain what the problem is so i can make a new field.

This is why im negative! your telling everyone what to do! 1 pitch type!! only aloud a 20 overs ball!!! WHAT THE HECK!! and your not aloud to play against south africa now! might as well just take them out the game!

And 100% confidence? since when has EVERY player in the side just came out with 100% confidence? you have to build confidence. And you can't just have 1 field set up. ITS IMPOSSIBLE!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread