config.dat file - gameplay improvements

zimrahil (old)

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
In the now seemingly likely event that no patch is forthcoming from EA HB Studios, the opportunity to improve the gameplay now seems rather limited.

I am not talking about updating teams, kits, tournies etc but talking about things like:

tweaking the speed of the bowlers
tweaking the amount of spin
determining how the cpu paces its innings in ODI's and tests
improving the cpu stroke selection

This is not an exhaustive list, by the way. The general consenus seems to be that the config.dat file contains the files we need to amend the above. Therefore has anybody been able to crack this file, or have any useful info on how it may be uncrypted.

It seems if we cannot do this, then where do we go from here gameplay wise ???

anand99

School Cricketer
zimrhail there have been some posts over in the easports forum in regards to config.dat. The best people to ask this question is to tamilian (vineet:www.cricket2002.tk) or to hello. If anybody one of the guys on that forum may have some suggestions. I sure hope you manage to break it cuz you have produced some great mods with the stroke patches that you have released.

anand99

School Cricketer
zimrahil btw lordrippon made a post no this forum some days ago saying he found a utility that can look at the files in the .dat file but something about the .dat being password protected. you can see that post if u go back few pages. Maybe you can contact him further how to break it?

zimrahil (old)

Club Cricketer
thanks as ever anand. I may well contact lordrippon at some point. Firstly though, waiting to hear from a forum mate who might be able to advise how best to view/edit the file :P

Users who are viewing this thread