No Requests Cricket 19 Academy Creations

Munkeymomo

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Can anyone give me a brief write up on how to get a face onto the template?
Do you have photoshop? Or are you familiar with an open source image editor like gimp?

Last edited:

Ace123

International Cricketer
TPCL Titans
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
View attachment 220357

This is my Hashim Amla template for PlayFace. I only used one photo and used the Liquify Filter in Photoshop to make it fit into the Template they provide.
Awesome work mate!!

So the image to be uploaded in playface (in Cricket 19 demo) needs to be processed in photoshop and then used in playface.

Munkeymomo

Panel of Selectors
I have Photoshop and have a decent(ish) understanding of it

So, I've so far been just copying half of a players face (depending on angle, maybe more) and duplicating, flipping and merging since most reference pictures have light differences. Obviously if someone has a particularly asymmetric face this may be tricky.
pic1.png
Copy it into the template (I am using a hitterman-esque paint tool to line up eyes etc, rather than the UV map).
pic2.png
Line it up and use warp to move features in line.
pic3.png
Duplicate, flip, align and visualise the horror.
pic5.png
Merge, dluplicate and do any touch ups you might like.
pic6.png
Duplicate the background and adjust brightness etc to roughly match skin tone. CTRL+left click the picture on the layer of the face to select the face.
pic7.png
delete selection from duplicated background layer. highlight modified BG layer AND face layer. edit > autoblend layers > OK
pic8.png
merge the layers and do any touchups with clone stamp etc. save as JPG.
pic9.png
import and fanny around with the face gen as you normally would to get it looking better (didn't do anything but apply the face here, still needs playing with).

pic10.png

I'm sure I'll have cocked up the picture order somewhere but hope that helps.

Attachments

• pic4.png
    pic4.png
    480.4 KB · Views: 354
  • upload_2019-5-11_18-18-7.png
    upload_2019-5-11_18-18-7.png
    1 MB · Views: 344

Llewelynf

FRIEDLELE
SA.....
Profile Flag
South Africa
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
I find the eyebrows are the most important when lining it up. They must match perfectly with the template or the distortion is too great. This is where the liquify tool makes a huge difference. The same with the mouth area.

Sahil180

Club Captain
Hey guys,when I try to attach custom face on the demo it just freezes even at the lowest graphic setting while the training works fine . Is there a way I can make it work on my laptop by altering some other setting? ?

Kiko_97

User Title Purchaser
Profile Flag
England
So, I've so far been just copying half of a players face (depending on angle, maybe more) and duplicating, flipping and merging since most reference pictures have light differences. Obviously if someone has a particularly asymmetric face this may be tricky.
View attachment 220372
Copy it into the template (I am using a hitterman-esque paint tool to line up eyes etc, rather than the UV map).
View attachment 220373
Line it up and use warp to move features in line.
View attachment 220374
Duplicate, flip, align and visualise the horror.
View attachment 220376
Merge, dluplicate and do any touch ups you might like.
View attachment 220377
Duplicate the background and adjust brightness etc to roughly match skin tone. CTRL+left click the picture on the layer of the face to select the face.
View attachment 220378
delete selection from duplicated background layer. highlight modified BG layer AND face layer. edit > autoblend layers > OK
View attachment 220379
merge the layers and do any touchups with clone stamp etc. save as JPG.
View attachment 220380
import and fanny around with the face gen as you normally would to get it looking better (didn't do anything but apply the face here, still needs playing with).

View attachment 220381

I'm sure I'll have cocked up the picture order somewhere but hope that helps.
Cheers, I can give it a bash at some point

Munkeymomo

Panel of Selectors
Hey guys,when I try to attach custom face on the demo it just freezes even at the lowest graphic setting while the training works fine . Is there a way I can make it work on my laptop by altering some other setting? ?

My guess it it is not freezing, but the open dialog box is not coming on top properly. This used to happen in the early days of dbc17 editor and I cannot for the life of me remember how it was fixed. I have a workaround for the c19 editor. Try to import, let it freeze, use the Windows key to see the task bar, go to the c19 program and hover over it to bring up the 2 windows and select the open dialog window and make a note of the default folder it is trying to open files from. Put a jpg in this folder and go back to the editor, this time, when you try and select the dialog box, click it and type the first letter of the jpg file you placed in that folder. A drop down should appear in the editor and you can use the arrow keys and enter to open it. This should import the file, then try and import a new file and the open file dialog box should work properly this time. Find the folder you are using to save all the face files in and then next time you open the editor this will be the default folder and you can use the previous method with typing the first letter and using arrow keys to open files.

Hope that makes sense.

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
I gave Vritra a haircut.
DYiqmz4.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread