Cricket 22 Bug Report Thread (Read first post)

dmpcs

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Platform: PC
Game Version: 0.1.2079
Game Mode: All Game Modes
Match Type: All Formats
Teams used: happens with all
Ground: University (happens with all)
Over Count: N/A
Issue: Problem with in-game tactics
Bug description: Can't change specific position of fielder within fielding tactics using a PC keyboard; the cursor does not move

Arctic_Wolf

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
Platform: Xbox Series X
Game Version: v 0.1.2246
Game Mode
: Career.
Match Type: FC
Teams used: Notts vs Yorks.
Ground: Trent Bridge
Over Count: 34, (1st innings AGAIN).

Issue: Issue using more than one Xbox controller. Pausing a match, (soft) turning off the console & using a second controller on return fully allows the match to continue from where it was left, however, on completion the game actively refuses to actually save any progress after the resume point citing corrupt sign in data. (Obviously, the match then has to be entirely replayed all over again from the original pause point.)

Bug description: Paused a FC match just before the end of the 1st innings & (soft) shut down the console. Returned to the match using my second controller (also obviously directly linked to my Xbox profile), the match continued on from the pause but afterwards flagged an error that the sign in data was corrupt & the entire match from the pause point was then completely lost.

The use of two or more controllers is hardly uncommon as more become rechargeable, so this issue could crop up anytime if a user has to swap out a controller during a match, or pauses a match & by chance uses their second controller on return.

Arctic_Wolf

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
Game Version: v 0.1.2246
Game Mode
Match Type: FC
Teams used: Notts vs Somerset
Ground: Trent Bridge
Over Count: Random.

Issue: Umpire sticks in a continuous loop of holding play after a field change. (Experienced multiple times before.)

Bug description:. After making previous changes to the field sets, i.e. moving inner fielders position to back or the slips position to up & reverting those changes, the umpire sometimes gets stuck in a repeating loop of holding out an arm & stopping play for a random number of repetitions.

CBass

School Cricketer
Platform: PS4
Game Version: 1.2249
Game Mode: Career
Match Type: Any
Teams used: Any
Ground: Hereford Gardens but happens in all
Over Count: Whenever I bowl
Issue: Career mode bowling action, leg spinner with Shane Warne action
Bug description: Whenever I bowl, the action is different to the selected one of Shane Warne. The first debut game is always fine and after it uses a different action. Did a test career player to see if it was a one off (didn't do any customisations and the issue doesn't occur).
If I customise the player the issue comes up and I've tried 3 different career players now.

dancingmongoose

International Coach
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Been playing a BBL competition as the Heat

- Power surge: The first ball is bowled with the camera on the umpire. If you're bowling a pace bowler you can pull out and bowl properly, but spinners can't pull out (bug in itself but dont think thatll change after this many years) and if you're batting, well, you're most likely dismissed because you cant see the damn ball. And you can't skip the cutscene of the umpire waving their arms around either, because button presses start bowling. Bit of a joke honestly.

- Catching completely broke down about the halfway mark of the first game I played. From then on if there was a chance for a catch the camera will change for the catching minigame but no interface will show up and the ball will be dropped or missed completely. Which then follows on to any subsequent match played. Only way to make the game playable is to make fielding fully automatic.

- Fielders at the stumps stand nowhere near the actual stumps

Not just BBL:

- BigXI finding a match crashes the game more often than not as soon as it tries to connect to the lobby

- Keepers can't throw down the stumps after a play and miss, they only throw it back to the bowler. Free byes for everyone

- Randomly, while trying to play a sweep shot behind square, the game will decide not to actually play the shot until the ball hits the batter. Free LBWs for everyone

- Fielders often run to catch the ball and just squat like they're taking a and let the ball sail over their head

- Fielders often wait for the ball to pass over them before trying to jump and catch it, especially when its at a catchable height

- Fielders will dive to stop the ball extremely early, at which point they seemingly turn into a gaseous state as the ball then passes straight through them. Doesn't happen if they dive at what would be considered reasonable timing.

kashan123999

has said thanks for this post
Platform: XBOX Series S
Game Version: v0.1.2306
Game Mode: N/A
Match Type: N/A
Teams used: N/A
Issue: Game crash as soon as "begin search" is clicked in community, to search for user created teams

kedarmax

School Cricketer
Platform: Xbox Series S
Game Version: v0.1.2306
Game Mode: Online
Teams Used: Any except AUS
Ground: Any
Over Count: N/A
Issue: ERROR, The session you are trying to join is already full or unavailable/ the connection to the remote player has been lost
Bug Description: When I try to join my friend's online game, I get the former error, as soon as I accept the invite. When my friend tries to join my game, I get the latter error AS SOON AS I scroll away from AUS. My friend and I can ONLY SUCCESSFULLY PLAY CRICKET 22 online, if I am the host, and if I play as AUS! We are trying to play domestic/IPL/ any other matches and we are constantly getting errors. I've submitted a report to big ant about this, and another problem I faced earlier (#10155).

Is there anything else I can do, except suffer in silence?

isrararrafi

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
United States
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Platform: ps5
Game Version: latest as of 4/21/22
Game Mode: Offline
Match Type: test
Teams Used: Any
Ground: Manchester England
Over Count: in video
Issue: visual error
Bug Description: batsman who got out shown to come into the field towards the pitch. New batsman shown stepping out of the ground. At 0:30. Happens all the time.

Hester

County Cricketer
Platform: Xbox Series S
Game Version: v0.1.2439
Game Mode: All
Issue: Fielder not catching or no catching mini-game showing
Bug Description: In the video I've linked below, 2 of the 3 balls got hit to the boundary fielder who didn't react at all and the mini-game for a catch didn't come up

Hester

County Cricketer
Platform: Xbox Series S/X
Issue: AI batsman bat pad frequency
Bug Description: In the video I've linked below. This is happening very often, 2 or 3 times an over on veteran and hard AI. It's a bat pad which leads to a catch if I have a fielder close in.

Hester

County Cricketer
Platform: Xbox Series S/X
Over Count: Any
Issue: Audio issue. No bowler effort noise
Bug Description: bowlers don't make any effort sound even though it's set to "on".

Arctic_Wolf

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
Game Version: v 0.1.2439
Game Mode
Match Type: One day
Teams used: Notts, Somerset, Surrey, as examples.
Ground: Trent Bridge, Somerset Oval.
Over Count: All

Issue: Bowling with style 23 (Warne imitation) sets the bowling ideal release window size to hardest regardless of my specific ideal release settings (nearer hard).

Bug description: If, for example, I change to bowl with spin style 1 or 2 instead then my individual ideal release window size settings adjust accordingly. However, if using style 23 it's apparently defaulting to hardest only & my ideal release setting is being completely ignored.

Arctic_Wolf

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
Game Version: v 0.1.2439
Game Mode
Match Type: One day
Teams used: Notts, Somerset, Surrey, as examples.
Ground: Trent Bridge, Somerset Oval.
Over Count: All

Issue: Odd fielding behaviours have returned.

Bug description: If, for example, I play a text book grounded drive between cover and point/backward point, the actual cover & backward point fielders just stand spectating while 1st slip & mid off attempt to chase the ball to the boundary instead & obviously fail every time. (Cover or backward point themselves would cut off the boundary if they weren't oddly script locked.)

stylo9000

School Cricketer
Platform: PS4
Game Version: v1.05
Game Mode: Exhibition
Match Type: T20
Teams used: Australia vs New Zealand.
Ground: MCG

Issue: A glitch resulting in wickets not registering.

Bug description: While playing an exhibition T20 as Australia against NZ, there were 3 separate occasions where I ended up getting clean wickets (caught behind twice and caught at mid-wicket). However, the game didn't register this by default, so I appealed to ensure the umpire gives it out. The problem here is that the wicket celebration cutscene triggered each time but the scorecard and the bowling figures do not update and the game acts like nothing ever happened. NZ were 54-2 when they should have been 54-5.
This bug happened to me yesterday and I reported it directly to Big Ant.

Platform: Steam
Game Version: v0.1.2445
Game Mode: Career
Ground: One of the defaults
Issue:

#11594 Appeals glitch fielders - catch not registering

Hello, I have noticed that pressing the button for bowler appeal will often glitch fielders and cause them to ignore the ball, or stop the game from registering fielder actions. First, hitting appeal will stop closest fielders from chasing the ball and often they will join in with the appeal, throwing up arms while AI takes easy runs. Second, I have even had fielders taking CLEAR CATCHES off driven shots at midwicket, but because I appealed at the same time the catch is taken, the game does not register the catch and next delivery continues as normal to the batter who should be out. Obviously this is game breaking, completely spoils desire to bowl. Please try to reproduce this bug by getting RHB AI to pull offside delivery to midwicket while appealing immediately after shot.

Desired Behavior: Closest fielder or any fielder in the path of the ball should not join in appeals, in fact it is not necessary that any fielder join in appeal for it to be a legitimate appeal per cricket rules. This is from gameplay on 4/24/2022. Fielders should prioritize taking care of the ball as they do in real life.

Addendum: This is separate from, but similar to, the fact that fielders in the path of the ball do not behave with required urgency and regularly allow AI to take easy extra runs by slow kneeling for balls in the deep, slowing down significantly when coming to the ball, etc. And also, the bug that the bowler is "frozen" for several seconds after bowling and cannot field effectively, while AI bowlers can.

Users who are viewing this thread