Cricket 22 General Discussion thread (Use bug report thread for issues/bugs/crashes | Patch notes in first post)

santana1026

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
@mosedread will you be creating those AMAZING retro teams as you did in 19….???

gkvarma18

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
DBC17 was an emotion for me at that time. It's beautiful game with batting animations , catching mini game and etc. I am still playing it on my PS5 daily. Pitches, grounds, Academy everything is just perfect.
Even Don Bradman17 menu music is epic. Definitely try this game and you will not look back.

dazzer269

School Cricketer
@MattW

Developers please feedback..... its 2022 and STILL the ball off bat flies ONLY on a straight ball tracetory, no sidespin, no fade, no curve in the air, for all the shot types in the game. This includes Edges of course.

How can the ball not depict and act with sidespin when edged! That is ridiculous after 6 iterations.

My guess is the issues with fielding u have at the moment judging by other peoples comments, and so coding the fielders to "know the angle to run at to intercept" maybe is an issue.....................but come on, every sports game now has subtle curve movement on the ball in flight, even AO Tennis and TWT2 have it after i kept on at MikeyMerren to introduce it on the PlanetCricket site in the Sports Games section. He agreed it needed implementing, and then Big Ant's Tennis games took off and were brilliant.

For those wondering why I can tell each shot flies straight, I view every replay from behind the ball, to see only top or back spin on it, and pull the camera back away from the locked ball camera to see the ball movement in the air. Ok......occasionally on 6's there is a very subtle movement in the air but that must be due to Wind being in the game, the ball most certainly each time is not departed with left or right side on it.

The rest of the game has perfect ball physics, in fact for me, it has sensational ball physics, but when bat meets ball its as if its a different ball game.......................and I would go as far as to state this game has the best ball physics across all sports games.......................up until the moment the ball strikes the bat.

If the ball hits a boot, or an arm, or a leg, or the stumps, or a helmet, the physics on the ball are sensational to the extent it will spin in a direction (top/side/backspin combos of top/side or back/side normally) depending on the deflection angle, the ball will act accordingly, and so the bowling, along with all these, are the parts of the game where ball physics are 100% spot on and life like. But strike ball with bat, and seeing that ball fly straight whilst never ever having sidespin on it, for me wrecks all of the Big Ant Cricket games.

Please, please guys put this into the game........you are very, very capable of doing so I am sure of it.

Last edited:

Roooooot

Club Cricketer
Thanks for these - with each patch I think there's a handful of likenesses getting updated as more of them are worked through and polished. Though obviously the main roadblock there is that access to players for full photogrammetry is very difficult right now.
I don't want to seem constantly critical, but if the community can find decent photographs of quite obscure players from the 1930s and 1950s, you should be able to get good pictures of the current World Test Champions and top professional players in your own country.

Is there a player that you'd want to reproduce that isn't on the internet or doesn't have an agent or point of contact who could supply information? I doubt you are laser scanning players from what I have seen in the game...

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
@MattW

Developers please feedback..... its 2022 and STILL the ball off bat flies ONLY on a straight ball tracetory, no sidespin, no fade, no curve in the air, for all the shot types in the game. This includes Edges of course.

How can the ball not depict and act with sidespin when edged! That is ridiculous after 6 iterations.

My guess is the issues with fielding u have at the moment judging by other peoples comments, and so coding the fielders to "know the angle to run at to intercept" maybe is an issue.....................but come on, every sports game now has subtle curve movement on the ball in flight, even AO Tennis and TWT2 have it after i kept on at MikeyMerren to introduce it on the PlanetCricket site in the Sports Games section. He agreed it needed implementing, and then Big Ant's Tennis games took off and were brilliant.

For those wondering why I can tell each shot flies straight, I view every replay from behind the ball, to see only top or back spin on it, and pull the camera back away from the locked ball camera to see the ball movement in the air. Ok......occasionally on 6's there is a very subtle movement in the air but that must be due to Wind being in the game, the ball most certainly each time is not departed with left or right side on it.

The rest of the game has perfect ball physics, in fact for me, it has sensational ball physics, but when bat meets ball its as if its a different ball game.......................and I would go as far as to state this game has the best ball physics across all sports games.......................up until the moment the ball strikes the bat.

If the ball hits a boot, or an arm, or a leg, or the stumps, or a helmet, the physics on the ball are sensational to the extent it will spin in a direction (top/side/backspin combos of top/side or back/side normally) depending on the deflection angle, the ball will act accordingly, and so the bowling, along with all these, are the parts of the game where ball physics are 100% spot on and life like. But strike ball with bat, and seeing that ball fly straight whilst never ever having sidespin on it, for me wrecks all of the Big Ant Cricket games.

Please, please guys put this into the game........you are very, very capable of doing so I am sure of it.

IMO you're asking for too much and I don't think that will be top of the priority list for BA team. I agree we should've reached the stage in BA Cricket's 6th iteration in the series where we focus on things which you're mentioning but unfortunately we're at a stage where we're still trying to nail core gameplay elements. As an example game still hasn't nailed all the shots, especially through the off side, power in the shots is still off with some flying to the boundary while others barely going past the inner circle, fielding is still broken, field sets need to be revamped, and spinners still can't bowl a no-ball. And I won't even go into all the things that still need improvement & fixes in Academy, Career Mode, Sliders, Weather, Tour & other modes etc.

Given all that needs to be fixed, and based on Big Ant's track record, I highly doubt we'll get to a point in foreseeable future where the items you're talking about will be addressed. Hell, we haven't even been able to nail basic gameplay and this is the 6th iteration of the series!

dazzer269

School Cricketer
IMO you're asking for too much and I don't think that will be top of the priority list for BA team. I agree we should've reached the stage in BA Cricket's 6th iteration in the series where we focus on things which you're mentioning but unfortunately we're at a stage where we're still trying to nail core gameplay elements. As an example game still hasn't nailed all the shots, especially through the off side, power in the shots is still off with some flying to the boundary while others barely going past the inner circle, fielding is still broken, field sets need to be revamped, and spinners still can't bowl a no-ball. And I won't even go into all the things that still need improvement & fixes in Academy, Career Mode, Sliders, Weather, Tour & other modes etc.

Given all that needs to be fixed, and based on Big Ant's track record, I highly doubt we'll get to a point in foreseeable future where the items you're talking about will be addressed. Hell, we haven't even been able to nail basic gameplay and this is the 6th iteration of the series!
Agreed the game has lots of issues, but u get the physics right first then work on the other stuff later, just my opinion of course and we all want this to be better.

Its as if the game purposely uses a different physics engine when the ball meets the bat, to the rest of the game. Another example being that when it bounces either in the outfield, or over the boundary, it then comes back to proper ball physics and has fantastic spins on it.

Bizarre, but again each to our own in what we look for in sports games, funnily enough I worked for Maxis in 1996 (customer support re: how to load emm386.sys up high mostly......) and we teamed up with Anco to give us Kick Off 97. I was asked to alpha test it and immediately told them "hold on, the ball never swerves !!". Few weeks later Dino Dini puts that into the game. Tick...

My chat with MikeyMerren on here 3-4 years ago about AO Tennis (first version) was about the same thing and he took it on board and got shots swerving as in real life on the next but one patch, where previously, as with the very overated Top Spin 4.......the shots all flew straight......... so it means the devs do listen, they do probably know about what I have detailed, but they VERY much know about all the other issues because they are repeated by posters on here and rightly so too.

I do feel proud of my part in pushing for ball flight curving like in realm life into 2 games already........ lol !

Come on Big Ant, you can nail this, and all the other issues.

If I ever change my name to Straight Line Dazzer on a forum, people will know ive changed.

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
I don't want to seem constantly critical, but if the community can find decent photographs of quite obscure players from the 1930s and 1950s, you should be able to get good pictures of the current World Test Champions and top professional players in your own country.
The main thing needed is multiple angles under consistent lighting, as that can then assemble the shape of the face of the player - getting minor features that are hard to pick up from standard photos. If you just have a single front on photo, you can do a face, but getting the overall visual right is a lot harder and is much more time consuming than the process based on direct photogrammetry using the multi-camera system, as all that modelling then needs to be done by hand.

I've passed your comment onto Mikey.

wav

School Cricketer
@MattW

So, so many things need doing ahead of this. Should rightfully be on the low end of the scale of importance.

Mondy

Club Captain
One thing I’d love fixed is not having first slip take the ball instead of the keeper. Happens many, many times a game. Was an issue with 19 / Ashes as well.

midhun333

County Cricketer
CSK
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Hopefully they will take a look into the fps issues on ps4. It has been two months since the release. At least BA should come out and tell us how long it is gonna take.

GuyIncognito

Chairman of Selectors
AUS..
RCB...
MS
Melbourne Stars
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Australia
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
General Stability
The annoying part is when Matt has clarified some "general stability" fixes, they're really good additions or fixes (sometimes a fix to a substantial problem) that are worth mentioning.

AJ MODS

National Board President
India
PlanetCricket Award Winner
TPCL Titans
Profile Flag
India
The annoying part is when Matt has clarified some "general stability" fixes, they're really good additions or fixes (sometimes a fix to a substantial problem) that are worth mentioning.
They add many licensed faces every update but don't mention a single in patch notes

Users who are viewing this thread