Cricket 22 General Discussion thread (Use bug report thread for issues/bugs/crashes | Patch notes in first post)

MARK99ZA

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
South Africa
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Yeah I was thinking this wasn’t an issue in 19 but haven’t gone back to check. It is those bits that just add up. Ross said he’s happy where the game is but it feels unpolished still with stuff like this.
Yes it may sound like a minor gripe, but especially in the longer formats of the game, there need to be these dynamic elements, to keep the immersion (and they need to actually work properly)

Wealey

ICC Board Member
One thing I will say about these games, is that fair play to people who grind it for multiple games over and over.. if your not playing career mode and play tests after completed 5 days I don’t want to look at the game for a week or so regardless of how fun it is.. it’s a long old slog haha.

psychoherent

Club Cricketer
Yes it may sound like a minor gripe, but especially in the longer formats of the game, there need to be these dynamic elements, to keep the immersion (and they need to actually work properly)
for what it's worth I was playing 19 just today and can confirm this issue is definitely there too. As for the weather not matching the forecast always, I find it kinda helps my immersion for the weathermen to get it wrong sometimes :)
Post automatically merged:

apologies if I'm in the wrong place but is this where to ask for guidance on the best way to get the best likenesses and stadiums?

Rumple43

Survival Games Finalist
Survival Games Finalist
Profile Flag
England
One thing I will say about these games, is that fair play to people who grind it for multiple games over and over.. if your not playing career mode and play tests after completed 5 days I don’t want to look at the game for a week or so regardless of how fun it is.. it’s a long old slog haha.
It's the main reason I write the story I've got in the other thread.

I like to write, so that helps, but I find without my own added layers of story/wider world, just playing games for the sake of it is pretty thin.

MARK99ZA

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
South Africa
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4

I like to write, so that helps, but I find without my own added layers of story/wider world, just playing games for the sake of it is pretty thin.
my current SA vs Ban Test has been ongoing for about a week now - it's still day 4

smurfygray86

Associate Captain

I love seeing other peoples stories and vids great to watch

kashan123999

has said thanks for this post
Small Q. How do console people share clips/videos here, of c22? Any easy way to do it from within console or Xbox app etc.?

I have a couple of "Out Or Not?" LBW clips lying around, really wanted to share them

Rumple43

Survival Games Finalist
Survival Games Finalist
Profile Flag
England
link the console to youtube, upload to youtube, copy link here
This. On PS4 I used to save clips to the console, then edit them in share factory before uploading direct to YT.

I now save them, onto a USB, into my PC, edit them a bit that way then upload them from there.

noys390

Club Cricketer
Scenario description : When a ball pitched outside the offstump jags back into the stumps, and as a batsman, when I try to play a shot through cover-point region, then the shot gets auto corrected and goes toward the mid-off. I have kept the short-replacement off.
In such scenario, I would expect, either i would be able to hit the ball to cover-point as I have targeted intitally OR else it would get me bowled due to the movemnt back in. But shot replacemnt should not happen as I have turned it off.

Can anyone confirm if same is happening to them while batting Or do I need to change some other settings.

Rumple43

Survival Games Finalist
Survival Games Finalist
Profile Flag
England
Scenario description : When a ball pitched outside the offstump jags back into the stumps, and as a batsman, when I try to play a shot through cover-point region, then the shot gets auto corrected and goes toward the mid-off. I have kept the short-replacement off.
In such scenario, I would expect, either i would be able to hit the ball to cover-point as I have targeted intitally OR else it would get me bowled due to the movemnt back in. But shot replacemnt should not happen as I have turned it off.

Can anyone confirm if same is happening to them while batting Or do I need to change some other settings.
@SloppyMani came up with some interesting stuff on this here: https://www.planetcricket.org/forum...in-80-pitch-sliders-again.118092/post-3530462

Basically, the Miss Input slider could have a factor in automatic shots being played, a bit like you're describing.

His testing also found occasions of the ball going through the bat though, so it's not without its drawbacks.

smurfygray86

Associate Captain
@SloppyMani came up with some interesting stuff on this here: https://www.planetcricket.org/forum...in-80-pitch-sliders-again.118092/post-3530462

Basically, the Miss Input slider could have a factor in automatic shots being played, a bit like you're describing.

His testing also found occasions of the ball going through the bat though, so it's not without its drawbacks.
I have these on 90 and 80 now and it felt weird at first but you definitely have more control over what you are doing I tried it on 95 and 95 but had ball going through bat twice so lowered a touch and hasn’t happened since these along with visual speed are only things I’ve changed in V4 sliders

Jerm

International Coach
SA.....
Profile Flag
South Africa

pro controls or arcade?

Users who are viewing this thread