SLIDERS - Around the world in 80 pitch sliders.....again

SloppyMane

Constructive User Title
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
@Rumple43 the skill influence slider on misses or shot quality slider which ever one it J’s makes no sense to me..

It says increase the slider to increase the influence of shot quality on a miss but in the hardest difficulty it’s at 0 haha!
I asked the same question a while ago, but no one seemed to have an idea about it (rightfully). So I started playing with Miss-Input at maximum and have come to a conclusion now after many test matches with new patches as they have came.

The thing is, it lies in the name itself rather than the confusing 'description line' - Input Influence

So, the lower the value, lower the influence is given to whatever we input, on the shot which is played and higher the value, higher the influence our input has on the shot being played out..

Initially when I switched from default hardest of 20 to the max of 100, shots felt rather easy, it felt as if everything was flowing with batting to the point I was thinking whether I should turn it back down but I persisted and results were Brilliant, every shot came down to whatever I was inputting, meaning every four & dismissal were due to my input rather than 'randomness' from the game..

I guess that initial 'easy' feeling when we switch to higher Miss-Input maybe because we're so used to playing with that randomness in our higher difficulties that we actually don't know how it feels to have full control of shots.

Right now, I've settled down at 90 for both the Miss-Input & Skill values, since 100 sometimes does few annoyance like sliding & ball going through middle of bat..

Such a crazy Game-changing value sneaking right at the bottom of the list :yes

TL DR :
Low values > Less user controlled shots > may give sense its harder

High values > More user controlled shots > Initially may feel 'easier'

Although, if your playing on Rumple's values you might have to ramp up your main batting stuff like shot timing, footwork etc., to better suit the higher values..

Last edited:

smurfygray86

Associate Captain
I asked the same question a while ago, but no one seemed to have an idea about it (rightfully). So I started playing with Miss-Input at maximum and have come to a conclusion now after many test matches with new patches as they have came.

The thing is, it lies in the name itself rather than the confusing 'description line' - Input Influence

So, the lower the value, lower the influence is given to whatever we input, on the shot which is played and higher the value, higher the influence our input has on the shot being played out..

Initially when I switched from default hardest of 20 to the max of 100, shots felt rather easy, it felt as if everything was flowing with batting to the point I was thinking whether I should turn it back down but I persisted and results were Brilliant, every shot came down to whatever I was inputting, meaning every four & dismissal were due to my input rather than 'randomness' from the game..

I guess that initial 'easy' feeling when we switch to higher Miss-Input maybe because we're so used to playing with that randomness in our higher difficulties that we actually don't know how it feels to have full control of shots.

Right now, I've settled down at 90 for both the Miss-Input & Skill values, since 100 sometimes does few annoyance like sliding & ball going through middle of bat..

Such a crazily game-changing value sneaking right at the bottom of the list :yes
Just read this several times and think I finally understand. Basically by turning it right up it gives us full control and does what we want it to do rather than us swearing at the tv thinking I never did that ?

SloppyMane

Constructive User Title
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Just read this several times and think I finally understand. Basically by turning it right up it gives us full control and does what we want it to do rather than us swearing at the tv thinking I never did that ?
I tried my best to simplify it, I guess you'll understand once you give it a go, but yea maxing it out gives us control of shots and reduces those false shots..

Ken Tremendous

International Cricketer
We're now 34 minutes before tea on Day 4, they lead by over 470, yet still no sign of a declaration.

Im really not sure how many they want...

1646784361270.png

smurfygray86

Associate Captain
I tried my best to simplify it, I guess you'll understand once you give it a go, but yea maxing it out gives us control of shots and reduces those false shots..
Yeh i understand mate going to try it today so good that so many people understand these things cz im only 3 months in to the big ant cricket games abd its been a rollercoaster to say the least So addictive though and enjoyable 90% of the time

Ken Tremendous

International Cricketer
We're now 34 minutes before tea on Day 4, they lead by over 470, yet still no sign of a declaration.

Im really not sure how many they want...

View attachment 264834
They didnt declare, i bowled them out for 444, leaving just the 489 to win in 120 odd overs lol.

Im 90/2 at the start of the final day, no chance i can risk being attacking enough to chase this score down, so its time for a lot of chanelling my inner Boycott, with the odd attacking shot, to try and bat out for the draw.

One thing i have noticed, its definitely spinning more now than in the first few days, even watching replays and ball tracking back, there is noticeably more turn than Days 1-3, where it was pretty much arrow straight...which i guess is good to see.

Ken Tremendous

International Cricketer
They didnt declare, i bowled them out for 444, leaving just the 489 to win in 120 odd overs lol.

Im 90/2 at the start of the final day, no chance i can risk being attacking enough to chase this score down, so its time for a lot of chanelling my inner Boycott, with the odd attacking shot, to try and bat out for the draw.

One thing i have noticed, its definitely spinning more now than in the first few days, even watching replays and ball tracking back, there is noticeably more turn than Days 1-3, where it was pretty much arrow straight...which i guess is good to see.
Couldnt do it, was going well into the late afternoon but Afridi ripped through me with 6-fer, for around 200 all out to lose heavily in the end. Good to see seam dominate as it should

Next up in my round the world tour (before i start a series that ill publish on here a la @Rumple43) is me as Sri Lanka at home to the South Africans on a low slow turner in Colombo...

Rumple43

Survival Games Finalist
Survival Games Finalist
Profile Flag
England
Couldnt do it, was going well into the late afternoon but Afridi ripped through me with 6-fer, for around 200 all out to lose heavily in the end. Good to see seam dominate as it should

Next up in my round the world tour (before i start a series that ill publish on here a la @Rumple43) is me as Sri Lanka at home to the South Africans on a low slow turner in Colombo...
Love it when the AI can win. That's the ultimate balance in any sports game.

We all play to win, but sport means you can't always do it. Losing and it feeling fair is the sweet spot.

Good game dude, and looking forward to the story!

Ken Tremendous

International Cricketer
I lost the toss and Saffers chose to bat, cruising along at 74/0.

Then i bought the twirlers on.

1647022910404.png

A collapse of epic proportions.

Rumours are im in the box seat for this one now...

smurfygray86

Associate Captain
Finally some turn (day 4 pitch) Talking of turn it turned out I’d not had my custom sliders set on all this time under difficulty . Feels like a new game thanks again Rumple

Attachments

• FullSizeRender.mov
    4.1 MB · Views: 0

Irtileaf

Club Captain
So been playing a test match between Pak VS Aus. Opted to bowl and started of really nice. Until my spinners came.
I am using rumples Asia dusty medium sliders. I have reduced spin flight and don't use the spin modifier as well.
It started of nice. Very nice AI response and balanced game play. But then spinners came and I got 3 of these stupid dismissals.
Aus is now about 60/4 lol.
Is there any way to remedy this?
Apparently the upload file is too large. So I'll explain it.
The player goes to defend the ball it goes off the bat onto their foot and lobs up in the air. And any close catcher basically catches that. And it's out. And it happens a lottt!!
What can be done?

Wealey

ICC Board Member
So been playing a test match between Pak VS Aus. Opted to bowl and started of really nice. Until my spinners came.
I am using rumples Asia dusty medium sliders. I have reduced spin flight and don't use the spin modifier as well.
It started of nice. Very nice AI response and balanced game play. But then spinners came and I got 3 of these stupid dismissals.
Aus is now about 60/4 lol.
Is there any way to remedy this?
Apparently the upload file is too large. So I'll explain it.
The player goes to defend the ball it goes off the bat onto their foot and lobs up in the air. And any close catcher basically catches that. And it's out. And it happens a lottt!!
What can be done?

Take short leg out and that normally rectifies it.

Users who are viewing this thread