SLIDERS - Around the world in 80 pitch sliders.....again

smurfygray86

Associate Captain
So been playing a test match between Pak VS Aus. Opted to bowl and started of really nice. Until my spinners came.
I am using rumples Asia dusty medium sliders. I have reduced spin flight and don't use the spin modifier as well.
It started of nice. Very nice AI response and balanced game play. But then spinners came and I got 3 of these stupid dismissals.
Aus is now about 60/4 lol.
Is there any way to remedy this?
Apparently the upload file is too large. So I'll explain it.
The player goes to defend the ball it goes off the bat onto their foot and lobs up in the air. And any close catcher basically catches that. And it's out. And it happens a lottt!!
What can be done?
Is it always down leg side ? I’ve noticed a lot like that if I’m desperate for a wicket I usually bowl a Yorker at leg side and the batter half flicks it away into the hands of a fielder

Irtileaf

Club Captain
Is it always down leg side ? I’ve noticed a lot like that if I’m desperate for a wicket I usually bowl a Yorker at leg side and the batter half flicks it away into the hands of a fielder
Nope mate. On proper channel deliveries. Mostly on off stump or middle stump. And almost always when they play the forward defense
The thing you are saying about happens when they try to glance. That is also broke.
Thinking of not having any close in fielders.

Rumple43

Survival Games Finalist
Survival Games Finalist
Profile Flag
England
So been playing a test match between Pak VS Aus. Opted to bowl and started of really nice. Until my spinners came.
I am using rumples Asia dusty medium sliders. I have reduced spin flight and don't use the spin modifier as well.
It started of nice. Very nice AI response and balanced game play. But then spinners came and I got 3 of these stupid dismissals.
Aus is now about 60/4 lol.
Is there any way to remedy this?
Apparently the upload file is too large. So I'll explain it.
The player goes to defend the ball it goes off the bat onto their foot and lobs up in the air. And any close catcher basically catches that. And it's out. And it happens a lottt!!
What can be done?
Had this more than a few times. It is annoying. No way to counter it except to remove all your close fielders, which is a bit naff.
Nope mate. On proper channel deliveries. Mostly on off stump or middle stump. And almost always when they play the forward defense
The thing you are saying about happens when they try to glance. That is also broke.
Thinking of not having any close in fielders.
The smash into their own pads is another annoyance. Trouble is, I've seen more than one example of the keeper running around from behind the stumps to catch these, even if I have no close fielders!

Irtileaf

Club Captain
Had this more than a few times. It is annoying. No way to counter it except to remove all your close fielders, which is a bit naff.

The smash into their own pads is another annoyance. Trouble is, I've seen more than one example of the keeper running around from behind the stumps to catch these, even if I have no close fielders!
Totally agree mate. Yes that's a bummer when the keeper comes from behind lol. What I do is that if the catching game begins I deliberately drop the catch then lol

smurfygray86

Associate Captain
On difficulty settings is legend a step up from veteran. Had AI on veteran presuming it’s hardest as it’s next step on from legend on the settings ? Cheers

Rumple43

Survival Games Finalist
Survival Games Finalist
Profile Flag
England
But we use veteran in your sliders right? Apparently legend difficulty is not realistic? Just unrealistically hard I guess.
I've always used Veteran as I prefer it and it's generally more suited to my own ability, but each to their own. No harm in knocking the difficulty up as people see fit.

Irtileaf

Club Captain
I've always used Veteran as I prefer it and it's generally more suited to my own ability, but each to their own. No harm in knocking the difficulty up as people see fit.
So should we use the same sliders on the legend AI difficulty?
Wealey had some points as well.

Rumple43

Survival Games Finalist
Survival Games Finalist
Profile Flag
England
So should we use the same sliders on the legend AI difficulty?
Wealey had some points as well.
It's a fair question, and not one I can answer 100%. It may be that if you're bumping the difficulty up by a full level from veteran to legendary, some of the sliders then need pulling down a bit to compensate. That's probably something you'd need to try and find out to your own preferences though, try and find a happy medium somewhere between the two.

smurfygray86

Associate Captain
I asked the same question a while ago, but no one seemed to have an idea about it (rightfully). So I started playing with Miss-Input at maximum and have come to a conclusion now after many test matches with new patches as they have came.

The thing is, it lies in the name itself rather than the confusing 'description line' - Input Influence

So, the lower the value, lower the influence is given to whatever we input, on the shot which is played and higher the value, higher the influence our input has on the shot being played out..

Initially when I switched from default hardest of 20 to the max of 100, shots felt rather easy, it felt as if everything was flowing with batting to the point I was thinking whether I should turn it back down but I persisted and results were Brilliant, every shot came down to whatever I was inputting, meaning every four & dismissal were due to my input rather than 'randomness' from the game..

I guess that initial 'easy' feeling when we switch to higher Miss-Input maybe because we're so used to playing with that randomness in our higher difficulties that we actually don't know how it feels to have full control of shots.

Right now, I've settled down at 90 for both the Miss-Input & Skill values, since 100 sometimes does few annoyance like sliding & ball going through middle of bat..

Such a crazy Game-changing value sneaking right at the bottom of the list :yes

TL DR :
Low values > Less user controlled shots > may give sense its harder

High values > More user controlled shots > Initially may feel 'easier'

Although, if your playing on Rumple's values you might have to ramp up your main batting stuff like shot timing, footwork etc., to better suit the higher values..
Have you still been using your settings for miss and skill input mate ? Finally got round to trying them out and felt really good like you say it feels like you got control over your shots I had miss at 90
And skill at 80 but been dismissed twice now with the ball just going through the bat so thinking I should lower it a bit have you had the same ?

Attachments

• 9DC8DF75-677E-4A64-8F72-179BA9FF7761.jpeg
    9DC8DF75-677E-4A64-8F72-179BA9FF7761.jpeg
    4.5 MB · Views: 6

SloppyMane

Constructive User Title
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Have you still been using your settings for miss and skill input mate ? Finally got round to trying them out and felt really good like you say it feels like you got control over your shots I had miss at 90
And skill at 80 but been dismissed twice now with the ball just going through the bat so thinking I should lower it a bit have you had the same ?
Nice, glad that it worked for you..

If thru the bat is happening, see early and late timing window values, if it still happens then reduce foot placement & bowl quality..

I think mostly it'll happen on the mid off-cover region shots where the shots have a animation flaw i.e. Bat will come down at an weird angle, instead of meeting the ball straight with full face like in majority of shots, its been there for past games too..

I've rarely noticed thru the bat with the values I'm playing for some time now.

One pivotal thing that I've noticed is whenever we get 'ok footwork' as feedback and the ball is scripted then irrespective of our timing(even ideal) it will end up as a edge (sometimes thru the bat ), so you gotta make sure you are not lacking in that footwork part, do let me know how it plays out..

Same comment under Pradosh's video too eh :lol

smurfygray86

Associate Captain
Nice, glad that it worked for you..

If thru the bat is happening, see early and late timing window values, if it still happens then reduce foot placement & bowl quality..

I think mostly it'll happen on the mid off-cover region shots where the shots have a animation flaw i.e. Bat will come down at an weird angle, instead of meeting the ball straight with full face like in majority of shots, its been there for past games too..

I've rarely noticed thru the bat with the values I'm playing for some time now.

One pivotal thing that I've noticed is whenever we get 'ok footwork' as feedback and the ball is scripted then irrespective of our timing(even ideal) it will end up as a edge (sometimes thru the bat ), so you gotta make sure you are not lacking in that footwork part, do let me know how it plays out..

Same comment under Pradosh's video too eh :lol
Nice one pal yeh I watched his video and noticed he mentioned your research so it’s great so many people are listening and sorry to be a pain could you possibly show me what you use for early abs late sliders and also foot placement and bowl quality if possible il use exactly same as you see if it gets rid of it. Thanks again. Game changer this it reallly does feel nice batting rather than thinking why has it done that every other shot

Users who are viewing this thread