SLIDERS - Around the world in 80 pitch sliders.....again

RDB3

Club Cricketer
I do more because I hate the thing on the screen and I also prefer to watch the action. I don’t find it particularly hard.
I tried bowling without the INPUT HUD and I love it. More fun and realistic

Rumple43

Survival Games Finalist
Survival Games Finalist
Profile Flag
England
@Rumple43 can you point me in the right direction of V3 please home sliders need to check I’ve got it all correct can’t find them Cheers
There's a copy of the v3 spreadsheet attached to the very first post of this tread.

Then you want either the home column, or if you've added an additional pitch modifier from the drop down, the "modified home" column instead.

1648079642889.png

Oh, and the main changes from V3 are an increase in bowling visual speed, that wants to be up around the 70 range for seamers, and also AI run rate needs to be around 50. It's down in the 20's for V3, which will be glacial these days with the latest patches.

Last edited:

Rumple43

Survival Games Finalist
Survival Games Finalist
Profile Flag
England
Hi Champions,

Couple of questions on game settings/ sliders please:

1. How to increase pace bowlers swing to the max (I am after extreme swing, love bowling swing in Eng conditions for ex) - I am currently on 71 (Swing) and 33 (Pace revs) but doesnt swing as much as I would have liked - any suggestions here please?
2. Ball seems too light/ tennis ballish...I read here that decreasing ball bounce with add weight to the ball and shots played (feels heavier on impact to the bat) - is that true?

Thanks in advace for helping me out:)
Sorry, I read this and completely overlooked it without replying, so I do apologise.

In theory, if you want more swing, just keep upping the slider. It has an upper limit, and that's as much as you'll be able to get, but just keep going until you find a sweet spot for you. I've seen no evidence that overhead conditions increase the amount of swing available, but it'd be cool if it was a thing.

As for the tennis ball bounce, that is pretty much linked to ball bounce. The lower that value is, the less the ball will bounce in all situations. I have it set to 30 universally across all pitches and I'm happy with it. Be sure to balance the setting with other sliders if you do change it though, such as shot power. The ball doesn't just bounce off the pitch, it bounces off the bat as well, and a lower figure will mean you have less bounce, the ball won't go as far etc.
@Rumple43 for me AI wickets are falling too often and setting low scores across formats. Do you think reducing wicket chance alone can solve this issue? At the moment it is really boring
Interesting one, but yeah, increase the difficulty. I say it's interesting because I've found that the AI is getting bowled out a bit cheaply for my liking as well. And not just by spinners either. I may have a play around with the setting in case something has changed behind the scenes in recent patches.

Another thing for v4 perhaps, whenever that appears haha

midhun333

County Cricketer
CSK
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Sorry, I read this and completely overlooked it without replying, so I do apologise.

In theory, if you want more swing, just keep upping the slider. It has an upper limit, and that's as much as you'll be able to get, but just keep going until you find a sweet spot for you. I've seen no evidence that overhead conditions increase the amount of swing available, but it'd be cool if it was a thing.

As for the tennis ball bounce, that is pretty much linked to ball bounce. The lower that value is, the less the ball will bounce in all situations. I have it set to 30 universally across all pitches and I'm happy with it. Be sure to balance the setting with other sliders if you do change it though, such as shot power. The ball doesn't just bounce off the pitch, it bounces off the bat as well, and a lower figure will mean you have less bounce, the ball won't go as far etc.

Interesting one, but yeah, increase the difficulty. I say it's interesting because I've found that the AI is getting bowled out a bit cheaply for my liking as well. And not just by spinners either. I may have a play around with the setting in case something has changed behind the scenes in recent patches.

Another thing for v4 perhaps, whenever that appears haha
Looking forward to V4. I think it is the need of the hour. Ever since BA started tuning AI behaviour, game started to feel a bit too easy for me in terms of bowling. Gonna try lowering the wicket chance and increasing the striker timing in limited overs.

smurfygray86

Associate Captain
There's a copy of the v3 spreadsheet attached to the very first post of this tread.

Then you want either the home column, or if you've added an additional pitch modifier from the drop down, the "modified home" column instead.

View attachment 265549

Oh, and the main changes from V3 are an increase in bowling visual speed, that wants to be up around the 70 range for seamers, and also AI run rate needs to be around 50. It's down in the 20's for V3, which will be glacial these days with the latest patches.
Legend thank you

midhun333

County Cricketer
CSK
Profile Flag
India
@Rumple43 Tried increasing the striker timing and run rate for all the formats except tests. Reduced wicket chance to 40 across formats. Getting some really exciting games in limited overs now. I am yet to play a test match.

midhun333

County Cricketer
CSK
Profile Flag
India
@Rumple43 Buddy any slider settings to nerf the spinners? Reduced the flight to 40. Anything else can be done?

Miiike

School Cricketer
Did anyone find a good way to reduce the effectiveness of spinners? I'm loving these sliders so much but I can't bat against spin and neither can the AI. Any advice on how to nerf this a little?

Users who are viewing this thread