Cricket 22 General Discussion thread (Use bug report thread for issues/bugs/crashes | Patch notes in first post)

Pinch hitter

Smash… Smash… Smash!
India
RCB...
Avengers
BA should think about adding another custom settings in the game... Which will increase or decrease all players batting, bowling and fielding ratings in the game ... Ex. If we increase one point in drive, all players will get 1 point boost to there drive shots... I believe this setting will bring more joy in tournament, career mode etc...

GuyIncognito

Chairman of Selectors
AUS..
RCB...
MS
Melbourne Stars
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Australia
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
BA should think about adding another custom settings in the game... Which will increase or decrease all players batting, bowling and fielding ratings in the game ... Ex. If we increase one point in drive, all players will get 1 point boost to there drive shots... I believe this setting will bring more joy in tournament, career mode etc...
As in a manual form slider?

sdt16

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
India
I've a noob question. While batting against Spin how do you predict the variation? For ex how do you know if he is gonna bowl the traditional off spin, or doosra? or an arm ball. Been playing since Day 1 but never understood this aspect.
An indirect trick that was observed even in C19 was to indirectly watch the Wicket keeper's movement as soon as the bowler releases the ball..
He will either stay at same place (for the vanilla off/ leg spin) OR will move slightly to receive in case of doosra or googly....(I hope I put across my point in simple words..and you understood it)

Definitely works..but obviously looking at WK kills purpose of batting...playing the game...but over time mind and eye can be trained to see the background movement of the keeper...

Otherwise I do not think there is a way to judge the spin post pitch or drift in the air...

Do give a try and see if above trick works for you..

Cheers...

Rahul_Rants

County Cricketer
India
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
An indirect trick that was observed even in C19 was to indirectly watch the Wicket keeper's movement as soon as the bowler releases the ball..
He will either stay at same place (for the vanilla off/ leg spin) OR will move slightly to receive in case of doosra or googly....(I hope I put across my point in simple words..and you understood it)

Definitely works..but obviously looking at WK kills purpose of batting...playing the game...but over time mind and eye can be trained to see the background movement of the keeper...

Otherwise I do not think there is a way to judge the spin post pitch or drift in the air...

Do give a try and see if above trick works for you..

Cheers...
Thanks. Will check it out.

Pinch hitter

Smash… Smash… Smash!
India
RCB...
Avengers
As in a manual form slider?
Yes... Specially when we play career mode or competition all players ratings are locked... So if we want to adjust players ratings than we have to start new competition or career mode, which is annoying... Or BA can allow the new ratings changes implemented in the save competition and career mode...

GuyIncognito

Chairman of Selectors
AUS..
RCB...
MS
Melbourne Stars
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Australia
Yes... Specially when we play career mode or competition all players ratings are locked... So if we want to adjust players ratings than we have to start new competition or career mode, which is annoying... Or BA can allow the new ratings changes implemented in the save competition and career mode...
I think that could work well in things like comps or custom stuff. Personally, I wouldn't like it in career mode but that's a personal pref. kind of thing.

Ahmad94

Staff Member
PAK...
KK
Just going to raise a point which I believe might have been raised in the past regarding fielding -

First, when batting, the AI seem to always let me get easy singles. i feel like a little urgency in the field would be ideal
When bowling - I feel like it gives me the option to throw to either end when fielding but the throw is always a slow loopy one regardless of being in the green when I release the ball.

Be awesome if the AI could rotate the strike more naturally in T20 and ODI rather than just hit boundaries. Look to rotate the strike more often. and play a few more unorthodox shots later in the innings, like scoops near the end of the game.

Any one else feel similar? Apart from that I've been playing more than usual and genuine enjoying the game so kudos there

Pravain

Club Captain
SRH...
Avengers
Profile Flag
India
Just going to raise a point which I believe might have been raised in the past regarding fielding -

First, when batting, the AI seem to always let me get easy singles. i feel like a little urgency in the field would be ideal
When bowling - I feel like it gives me the option to throw to either end when fielding but the throw is always a slow loopy one regardless of being in the green when I release the ball.

Be awesome if the AI could rotate the strike more naturally in T20 and ODI rather than just hit boundaries. Look to rotate the strike more often. and play a few more unorthodox shots later in the innings, like scoops near the end of the game.

Any one else feel similar? Apart from that I've been playing more than usual and genuine enjoying the game so kudos there
Easy singles part I agree. Regarding the second point of rotating the strike , for me in career mode while bowling AI takes lots of singles and doubles and punishes the balls which have width or deliveries which are straight which are essentially bad deliveries.

Gamefroggy

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
South Africa
Anyone noticed in Career mode that when chasing a low score (T20 and ODI) your shot power is reduced? Even when my confidence meter is green and I hit Ideal aggressive grounded shots it looks and feels like you hit a tennis ball. The ball hardly makes it past the inner ring. Maybe they scripted it that way so that the chase is not too easy? It only happens when I chase low scores. I play on Legend difficulty with Hard Batting and Rumple43 sliders and even in a test match I can smack the ball around easily.

Zxcvbn

School Cricketer
Does anyone think that the slog over mid on while staying firm in crease is missing in cricket 22 and also pull over mid wicket
It was there in DBC 14
Its the place where most of the power hitting is done
Post automatically merged:

I fail to understand why does not anyone talk about this and the game being too dependent on the off side

Pinch hitter

Smash… Smash… Smash!
India
RCB...
Avengers
Can someone explain me this... Why some teams getting extra points???? This happens in WBBL too...

20220818_191800.jpg

joeb86

Club Captain
These are probably really stupid questions so I apologise if they’ve been answered before!

Is there a way to change the logos on the pitch in a game? For example, I downloaded a Pindi stadium, I’m playing an odi and the logos behind the bowler are the massive Big Ant. Would be cool to have a Pepsi or something

Also, I assume crowd size hasn’t been fixed? Empty seats in so many games makes it feel a bit…sh1t

tarrantino

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
England
These are probably really stupid questions so I apologise if they’ve been answered before!

Is there a way to change the logos on the pitch in a game? For example, I downloaded a Pindi stadium, I’m playing an odi and the logos behind the bowler are the massive Big Ant. Would be cool to have a Pepsi or something

Also, I assume crowd size hasn’t been fixed? Empty seats in so many games makes it feel a bit…sh1t
As it’s a downloaded pitch yes. You may need to download a bigger Pepsi logo, but go into the stadium editor and Change it

Users who are viewing this thread