Cricket 22 General Impressions

sami ullah khan

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
The latest patch has riled the salt in me, the gameplay was the only tether I was holding onto until this game got things like stadium creator, the academy up and running etc and other things to be fixed, but now the gameplay has seemingly been reverted to Cricket 19. In that pace, ball bounce etc has been downgraded to that tennis ball bounce feel and no real weight to anything.

Pretty obvious this game needed another six months in the oven. I say this as a guy who is generally half glass full. Might be time BA look at starting from the ground up again in terms of building a cricket game, because the engine, their coding is so hard locked that any sort of change results in other things getting broken, major things.
This was the impression I was waiting for before going for the purchase. Thank you for saving me 70 USD mate.

chiefdave

School Cricketer
I've got the switch version on pre-order, think I'll be cancelling that. If / when they sort out in the issues might give it a go but don't fancy chucking £50 away on a game that doesn't seem to be finished.

Hobbi07

Club Captain
Think it's pretty decent myself - real bounce and carry in the Australian wickets and gameplay is pretty solid.

Sure, there are a few holes here and there but nothing "gamebreaking" which seems to be the term that's used in any game that's ever released these days, add that in to the fact they've been in lockdown for the majority of the production and I think it's a solid product. With a few patches, it'll be by far and away the best cricket game ever made, which is what they promised.

Also, be careful what you wish for, as an avid Rugby League fan, a lot of the same issues were directed towards Big Ant and now we haven't had a new game since 2017.

Be careful what you wish for.

Jerm

International Coach
SA.....
Profile Flag
South Africa
Think it's pretty decent myself - real bounce and carry in the Australian wickets and gameplay is pretty solid.

Sure, there are a few holes here and there but nothing "gamebreaking" which seems to be the term that's used in any game that's ever released these days, add that in to the fact they've been in lockdown for the majority of the production and I think it's a solid product. With a few patches, it'll be by far and away the best cricket game ever made, which is what they promised.

Also, be careful what you wish for, as an avid Rugby League fan, a lot of the same issues were directed towards Big Ant and now we haven't had a new game since 2017.

Be careful what you wish for.
With Nacon takeover Big Ant will do next Rugby game after Rugby 22

dart-h-vader

Club Captain
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Guys, I have cricket 19 and though it has its annoyances, I have come to like the game. I was considering buying Cricket 22 but based on the reviews, should I pass it?

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Guys, I have cricket 19 and though it has its annoyances, I have come to like the game. I was considering buying Cricket 22 but based on the reviews, should I pass it?

I would say wait and watch. Big Ant are trying to push out patches, and will continue to do so in the near term. So wait and see how it turns out as at the moment Cricket 19 is a better game than Cricket 22.

Crassus

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
Does anyone else find that the pitch marker comes on just a tad too late regardless of the slider? So I find that it's quite difficult to hit proper shots as I have just a little bit too little time to react...

s0074845

Club Captain
I believe the gameplay issues can and will be fixed ... eventually. However, it is the removal of the Tour Mode that really upsets me. I loved choosing from the long list of tours in past editions of Big Ants cricket series. Career mode is popular and I understand it's importance. But, the competition and tour modes is what cricket is all about. Competitions are obviously still there. And newly licensed competitions as well. But, the tours are gone. I am simply dumbfounded by this move by Big Ant. Very disappointing.
Tour will be back according to Ross. He has mentioned that in his twitter. Scenario mode will be replaced according to him

runner4life

Club Captain
I'm getting caught behinds with the ball not close to the bat. Replays show the ball moving after the bat to indicate an edge. Very off putting and frustrating.

ijaz1981

School Cricketer
As a cricket game lover since SIC on SNES I am bit bummed out by Cricket 22. Ill be going back to C19 for a little while yet. Its the fielding for me that's just so bad its almost in Ashes 2013 territory.
I do enjoy the new bowling mechanics though. But I also loved how they were done in C19.

MuchMore

International Coach
Profile Flag
Fiji
I tried my hand at bowling yesterday, but couldn't figure out what does after-touch do?
I searched the forums and some say it doesn't do anything while others claim it decides line. Which one is it? Also, isn't line already decided by right stick - what does after-touch contribute there?
Btw, do L1 and R1 still work?

Jerm

International Coach
SA.....
Profile Flag
South Africa
I tried my hand at bowling yesterday, but couldn't figure out what does after-touch do?
I searched the forums and some say it doesn't do anything while others claim it decides line. Which one is it? Also, isn't line already decided by right stick - what does after-touch contribute there?
Depends on what control set you using..aftertouch does nithing on Pro controls but change sclone for the other two..arcade and whatever...

R1 and L1 still work but you will see no references to it on the HUD or anywhere.

Ken Tremendous

County Cricketer
Yes, 100%.

Tested it.

Bowl a standard length ball, then a standard with L1 then R1, then look at the pitch map - you can see the different lengths.
Post automatically merged:

I searched the forums and some say it doesn't do anything while others claim it decides line. Which one is it?
On Standard legacy controls it decides line. On Pro its irrelevant.

Users who are viewing this thread