Cricket 24 - General Discussion

Crassus

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
Lovely. I'll look forward to:

No AI run outs at all.
No WK catches
No side step movement but the fielder instead runs backwards as the ball hits the boundary rope
No sliding at all, by batsmen or fielder
Career mode just completely crashing
Players have new bats but all of them are jumbled up and now right-handers get leg-side bowling all the time.

Then throw in a nice bonus patch feature like all of a sudden pitch deterioration will be out again or the ball won't spin.

Dutch

DutchTheOnlyOne
PlanetCricket Award Winner
I am having a pretty decent bowling experience till now apart from the quirky ai running

Gamefroggy

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
South Africa
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Steam Patch is better but AI batsmen running is not so good visually. They sometimes wait until the ball reaches the fielder before they start running. Fielding is also a bit all over the place but will take anything other than the previous patch. Had one legit run out so far. I'm playing on Veteran Hard batting and bowling with @Rumple43 physics. So far I am happy with the patch but it could be better. Have to tone wicket chance down and run rate up. Currently wicket chance on 50 and run rate 30. Going in to bat now and will post again after AI second innings.
NP01.pngNP02.pngNP03.png

Crassus

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England

What the fearsome tweak happened here.

Can't decide what is weirder, the 'no look' attempt at fielding, the fact that Stokes at slip runs at the ball despite it being at 96mph rocket from Wood, the fact that somehow it goes from his hands into Root's or finally that the whole thing is given not out with chance of review.

I think Root technically grounds the ball like Starc did in the summer but I wouldn't imagine BA have that level of detail in the game.

AnmolJ

International Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
Tried to play as a player in competition mode. Bowled 12-15 overs, got 3 run outs and the fielders are less responsive.

Wealey

ICC Board Member

Can't decide what is weirder, the 'no look' attempt at fielding, the fact that Stokes at slip runs at the ball despite it being at 96mph rocket from Wood, the fact that somehow it goes from his hands into Root's or finally that the whole thing is given not out with chance of review.

I think Root technically grounds the ball like Starc did in the summer but I wouldn't imagine BA have that level of detail in the game.
Some sensational camera work there pal haha!

Hester

County Cricketer
Reading all the comments and watching a couple of videos on youtube, it astounds me how, to fix and issue, Bigant break another thing in order to create a fix.

Examples:
Slips not taking enough catches as the wk is superman diving? Rather than fix the wk, they make the slip fielder RUN FORWARD so he can catch it before the wk does.

Wk running batters out? Fix? Make the WK throw the ball to the bowler instead!

It's disgusting. I feel sorry for everyone who's bought this trash from a trash company.

Dutch

DutchTheOnlyOne
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Reading all the comments and watching a couple of videos on youtube, it astounds me how, to fix and issue, Bigant break another thing in order to create a fix.

Examples:
Slips not taking enough catches as the wk is superman diving? Rather than fix the wk, they make the slip fielder RUN FORWARD so he can catch it before the wk does.

Wk running batters out? Fix? Make the WK throw the ball to the bowler instead!
Apart from the last line I have to unfortunately agree to this. It seems that they are struggling themselves to tame this beast and have to restort to artificial smah and grabs in the hope that something sticks. The game has become better than at release (how could it not) but there is a danger now that we see the usual regression and ultimately the abandonment. I hope not but results in the past et cetera.

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Some crazy fielding after the new patch. Batsman plays a straight drive past mid off. Mid off doesn't move and mid on chases the ball and collects it near long off. Throws a deadeye shot at the stumps from long off only for the cover fielder to move past the mid off fielder and pluck the ball out of thin air saving my non striker from getting run out
this happened without the patch... i had it yesterday (ps5). ball went <1m past mid off, he stood there, eventually went after it and the batsmen were able to run 2

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England

close fielders running forward to catch the ball is definitely in my top couple of hates/nopes about the game right now.

smurfygray86

Associate Captain
Completely given up on the game and pretty sure looking at the patch fiasco the last week they are in a pickle trying to tweak things and once again making an absolute mess of it. Spending more time messing with difficulties and sliders now than I do playing plus had to reset all academy which did sort the licensed player stats back out (another mess) just not enjoyable at all will try again after Christmas

Users who are viewing this thread