Cricket Academy Feedback/Suggestions/Bugs Thread

whiteninness

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
If it ain't broke, don't fix it. If it IS broke, then let's.

If we could just stop penalizing leaves then maybe people would learn that it's not necessary to play at every ball... and I could maybe start enjoying watching England bat again ;-)

As long as it's not penalised in the real game, I'm fine. I think when I use the nets I will try to leave balls when I want, and not worry too much about the streak.

I think that if you do a good leave the streak should stay as is. You don't gain one, but you don't go back to 0.

Chief

Panel of Selectors
As long as it's not penalised in the real game, I'm fine. I think when I use the nets I will try to leave balls when I want, and not worry too much about the streak.

I think that if you do a good leave the streak should stay as is. You don't gain one, but you don't go back to 0.

I dunno. I feel a "streak" is a series of "doing the right thing" for each ball. And when the bowling machine fires one 2ft to the batsman's right, the right thing is to leave it. (KP).

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
Another thing I'd like to see is something telling me how well I did the footwork for the shot.

fiction

County Cricketer
I'm having issues installing CA's latest version. I don't have any prior version of CA installed on my laptop. Whenever I'm trying to install CA I get an error "Error compressing data! Corrupted installer?" and the installation gets stuck at 18%. Is it only me who's experiencing this problem? Oh, and by the way, I'm running Windows 8.1 64-bit.

grkrama

National Board President
Another thing I'd like to see is something telling me how well I did the footwork for the shot.

yup in c07,the commentary used complement in nets and offer suggestions if u dont play well, though it got horribly wrong some times.

----------

I'm having issues installing CA's latest version. I don't have any prior version of CA installed on my laptop. Whenever I'm trying to install CA I get an error "Error compressing data! Corrupted installer?" and the installation gets stuck at 18%. Is it only me who's experiencing this problem? Oh, and by the way, I'm running Windows 8.1 64-bit.

i think your download is corrupted ,probably broken download.try downloading with a download manager and try installing it.

whiteninness

Panel of Selectors

I don't want it to be too specific though. That was the main problem with ashes 09 and ic10, particularly with bowling, as there was a good thing and a shit thing. I'd like to think that for a given ball there is a variety of ways to play it well, including different footwork. A shortish ball could lead to a solid back foot defence or a Matthew Hayden front foot pull.

SibiNaayagam

International Coach
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
That might be to do with the ball slowly rolling onto the stumps, which you would care about in the full game but not the Nets.

Are you telling me that we could stop the ball from hitting the stumps? :O
What if we get out for Hitting the ball twice instead of blocking it?:p

----------

Also talking about leaving, I really wish I could remap the button. Please ROSS? Do we have a remapping option in full game? The R-Stick's button seems hard to be hit in a jiffy when Im making the decision in a fraction of a second. I sometimes end up pushing the stick before clicking it and you know what it does :/

whiteninness

Panel of Selectors
A double hit is allowed if it's to prevent the ball hitting the stumps. What you can't do is use your glove.

What happens if in attempting to prevent the ball hitting the stumps, you give the ball a good whack and it goes for four? It may not be deliberate, but you just see it moving to the stumps and turn around and instinctively whack it away.

SibiNaayagam

International Coach
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
What happens if in attempting to prevent the ball hitting the stumps, you give the ball a good whack and it goes for four? It may not be deliberate, but you just see it moving to the stumps and turn around and instinctively whack it away.

The ball might be counted dead?

Saeglopur

County Cricketer
Do we have a remapping option in full game?

Not unless they change anything from now on.

HBK619 said:
Unfortunately no there is no way to customise the controls. We've made the buttons as they are from a purely aesthetic point of view and it just wouldn't work to allow for customisation.

Finally managed to get things seeming to work alright with extra software, so if you're on PC, you can remap through other software if you can get it working but it is a lot more of a pain than having a direct option in game for sure.

maneesh

School Cricketer
Bug In HUD

ca1.jpg

1.I found this bug in HUD while playing the game on my system at a resolution 1024x768

My system specs are
Processor: Pentium(R) Dual-Core CPU E5700 @ 3.00GHz (2 CPUs), ~3.0GHz
RAM Memory: 4096MB RAM
Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit
Graphics Card name: AMD Radeon HD 6450

The HUD Text are overlayed as in picture

2.When ever I a try play a sweep Shot while the ball is pitched outside off stump and misses(Unorthodox shot Button+ RS) the batsman starts running

Last edited:

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator

Comes under wilful I think:

Law 34 (Hit the ball twice)
1. Out Hit the ball twice
(a) The striker is out Hit the ball twice if, while the ball is in play, it strikes any part of his person or is struck by his bat and, before the ball has been touched by a fielder, he wilfully strikes it again with his bat or person, other than a hand not holding the bat, except for the sole purpose of guarding his wicket. See 3 below and Laws 33 (Handled the ball) and 37 (Obstructing the field).
(b) For the purpose of this Law, 'struck' or 'strike' shall include contact with the person of the striker

kamesh85

Club Cricketer
while playing this game suddenly blue screen appears..pls help me to fix this

dhump

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Pakistan
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Now I have played in nets for 2 hours since yesterday and I must say it is definitely the most brilliant batting system for a cricket game. I love this multi-control and control I have on batsman's movement and shot selection (Kudos and congratulations to whole bigant team for this). I love a lot of things in batting system above all that I cannot master shots like in previous games and I have to play every ball on its merit and secondly I really love that aggressive shots can be played on the ground, what I like to see is defensive shots for singles I dont know if this is possible or not may be someone can clarify this.

And I am back to game now cause this is really really addictive.

Users who are viewing this thread