BigAntStudios

@Ross
Big Ant
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Hey Ross

Is the update becoming a regualr thing?? if so can you releas a teaser about what will be in the next update say after the previous one is releasesd?

Updates will be a regular thing, next one would likely be two weeks away.

I will probably leak upcoming features as we get closer to the release of the next Update.

As we've shown over the last two weeks, indeed even over the past two days, we react to feedback - squad 18 to 25, default uniform select button, etc.. were all implemented after a days' feedback from here.

Tell us what you like/dislike and there's every chance we will implement things based on your feedback.

PS: There's probably quite enough "teasing" on here ;)

Biggs

This guy gets it
BGZ..
Profile Flag
New Zealand (Silver Fern)
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Tell us what you like/dislike and there's every chance we will implement things based on your feedback.

Well then, just a couple of small observations from me.

• Keypad Consistency
    Between the player-creator and the team-creator what the enter button does changes considerably, along with what some of the other button options do. Would it be possible to have the "Enter" button just consistently remain as the "select" button - right now when you're in the 'download' section of the community team function, it acts as a "like" button. Maybe just having the "L" or Spacebar be that across all the different sub-menus would be better - as "Enter" currently selects a player in the other menus?
  • Beard Options
    Reckon you could VASTLY simplify this sub-menu and the selections available. Splitting it into Mustache, Sideburns and Beard categories. That way, if people want sideburns and nothing else, it can easily be found in the sideburn section, same for the others. Also means there's more "combos" available and a bit more customization flexibility.
  • Glasses Options
    Loads more varieties, if possible, would be great. Maybe a few "hipster" options dare I add my preferences? :) ...if your guys are looking for ideas, check out Eyewear online - prescription glasses & prescription sunglasses for a whole stack of renderable-cool looking options, especially for sunglasses/normal glasses.
  • Eye Colour
    I think you could do-away with the eye colour section all together and include it with the eye customization section within that more-indepth category. It's just a bit of "menu cleaning" but I don't think the eye-colour option needs its own menu in the main screen. Plunk it in with the eye-editor section which will clean up those menu options. That's also, perhaps, where you could put the "glasses" option rather than in the "fieldwear" section since those that DO wear spectacles, wear em all the time (Vettori, etc)

All that being said (typed?) they're all such tiny, irrelevant tweaks and I'm sure MORE than likely you've already identified most, if not all of these things. Please don't read these as demands or requests, just suggestions. The keyboard consistency thing is prolly the more user-friendly/logical change that you might not have realized. But it's a rather minor thing.

What you've come up with is so incredibly entertaining and fun, honestly as an editor alone, and a free version at that, I shudder to think of how expansive this thing is going to be in the retail version! Incredible stuff.

Iron Ant Approved.

EDIT:

Oh, one other thing I hadn't seen mentioned...

• Tattoo
    Could be placed in the "Skin" sub-menu. Just a dozen or so Arm tattoo options for players - just because they're more and more common nowadays. Just a few simple options (Single Tattoo, Short-Sleeve tattoo, Long Sleeve Tatto, Both Arms). Also means I can brand an ANT logo on my created-me

Last edited:

Shane109

Club Captain
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Ross, just a question on enforcing uniforms/pads/etc. Would it not be better to have the enforce option in the player's set up rather than the team's?

For example that way i can set up my team's kit and everything, and just have everyone default to that unless their particular kit is set to override it? For example if one player in your team always bats with no headwear or always wears his white wide brim it'd be a lot easier to just set his kit to override the team's. Seems like that would work a bit better than having to make everyone's individually if you only wanted to change a couple.

angad

Chairman of Consent
It's the game industry, go hard or go home! :lol

They are just as passionate as I am and really want to be proud of what they produce. It is a real buzz to see your work published, especially on the shelf, it's something you never lose.

As before, work is not work when it's not work...

Hey Ross, You guys, (with your passion, attention to details, attitude to go for perfection nomatter at what cost), really remind me of a developer called Naughty Dog. These guys have developed some super awesome games for the PS3, and are really one of the favourite developers for PS3 fans, and are renowned for their passion, attention to detail and perfection.

Naughty Dog has always been my favourite developer, not just for their games, but also for how they conduct themselves, and now, you have become a joint favourite for me along with them :D!

Thanks once again for showing the amount of passion that you have, for a 'Cricket' game :D!

RAJDM

School Cricketer
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Keyboard Controls in CA 13 Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAntStudios:

"Tell us what you like/dislike and there's every chance we will implement things based on your feedback".

Hello Ross, Thanks for your Updates. I have a request for you guys that I would like to have Keyboard controls in CA 13 game. I'd like to play pc games using keyboard and I'm not much familiar with game pads and xbox/ps controllers. So, Please consider my request.

Looking forward to your CA 13 game and Thank you once again.

Last edited by a moderator:

SibiNaayagam

International Coach
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Quote:

"Tell us what you like/dislike and there's every chance we will implement things based on your feedback".

Hello Ross, Thanks for your Updates. I have a request for you guys that I would like to have Keyboard controls in CA 13 game. I'd like to play pc games using keyboard and I'm not much familiar with game pads and xbox/ps controllers. So, Please consider my request.

If if Ross and his doesn't, Im sure the modds will come up with keyboard mapping. Its just that there are too many buttons/variables that the game takes in.

P.S. The game itself isn't called CA, its just the name of the player creator.

umosay

Club Captain
Quote:

He said you need a gamepad and no compromises have been made. There is no way you could play this game on a keyboard.

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
If if Ross and his doesn't, Im sure the modds will come up with keyboard mapping. Its just that there are too many buttons/variables that the game takes in.

P.S. The game itself isn't called CA, its just the name of the player creator.

Here's the thing... how do you map right & left stick on gamepad to a keyboard. If say shot direction uses left stick to be moved anywhere in the 360 degree arc, how will you do the sme on keyboard? It's not as if this game is like the earlier ones where you could hit the ball only in 8 directions.

BigAntStudios

@Ross
Big Ant
Quote:

We really, really tried, the proof of which is in the Cricket Academy - the reason the keys used in the menu's are all over the place, not rational, is because they were mapped to the controller (eg. key "S" = button "X", etc..) from the Xbox360 console version.

Essentially the gameplay experience was less than I would like and so it will not be supported. We cannot emulate the 360 degree nature on the sticks and the 65535 degrees of pressure on the triggers. We are aiming for a great gameplay experience and we cannot compromise that by trying to make it keyboard compatible.

We did try mouse input + keyboard but that was also found wanting.

Last edited:

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
We really, really tried, the proof of which is in the Cricket Academy - the reason the keys used in the menu's are all over the place, not rational, is because they were mapped to the controller (eg. key "S" = button "X", etc..) from the Xbox360 console version.

Essentially the gameplay experience was less than I would like and so it will not be supported. We cannot emulate the 360 degree nature on the sticks and the 65535 degrees of pressure on the triggers. We are aiming for a great gameplay experience and we cannot compromise that by trying to make it keyboard compatible.

We did try mouse input + keyboard but that was also found wanting.

65535 degrees of pressure!!! Where's that "I bow down to Ross" smiley I'm looking for :)

BigAntStudios

@Ross
Big Ant
I wish I could claim credit but the controller does it for us :)

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
I wish I could claim credit but the controller does it for us :)

Now don't be so modest Ross. Over the years we have been more than happy to just get 3 kinds of shots - normal, lofted and defensive. This sort of mechanism will add a new dimension to the game. Now I can look forward to playing all those nudges, pushes and glides for 1s and 2s which you simply couldn't do on other games.

ricky87

Club Captain
and the 65535 degrees of pressure on the triggers.

Wow sir, this has got to be much higher than even the bite force of the Hyenas... sorry if this is a retarded comparison but could not think of anything better :p

Users who are viewing this thread