Cricket Coach 2007 - first opinions and thoughts

lancashire666

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
i think he means that the when you watch highlights (4's, 6's etc) when a wicket falls the highlight is slower that the other highlights e.g. all boundries are in fast time but wickets fall in real time. so if you have he highlights set to real time then wickets fall in slo mo.

ive noticed this problem, think its one for the bugs thread

Glenn Stiemens

Club Cricketer
i think he means that the when you watch highlights (4's, 6's etc) when a wicket falls the highlight is slower that the other highlights e.g. all boundries are in fast time but wickets fall in real time. so if you have he highlights set to real time then wickets fall in slo mo.

ive noticed this problem, think its one for the bugs thread
I've just tried to reproduce this without any luck - can you tell me exactly what you are doing for this to happen? E.g. what setting on auto run are you using? Which higlights options are checked? What highlight speed are you viewing at?

lancashire666

International Coach
i have auto on 'faster'
highlight speed on 'fast'
watching highlights of 4's 6's chances wickets and celebrations.

its an intermittent problem and seems to happen more during one day games

LongLegs?

Club Cricketer
I must admit I had a lot of fun playing the game the last hour or so. I think ICC's got competition.

I started with a series between India (me) and New Zealand (CPU). Won the first two matches comfortably, although there were a few surprising moments. Lost the third match by 18 runs. My tail got skittled out...which I expected. >_<

Changing Powerplays were hard, when the highlights were "manic", and I think that could be improved. More choices for the highlights I guess will do...like maybe stopping the game automatically after every Powerplay, giving the player the option to take the PP or not.

I think there should be some better fielding on the higlights. The fielders seem like 5 year olds as they just run past the ball with no luck whatsoever. :(

Overall, I'd say I liked the game and there's a lot of realism in the game, and with a few comprehensive improvements should be a contender for the best cricket game made yet. I like the whole idea of Rockingham interacting with the players of their game and trying to fix what they want to be fixed, which is quite impressive IMO. I'll be buying the game soon, hopefully.

Oh yeah, how do you window the game? (newbie question :o) <_< I hate playing it in the full screen...

hampshire2012

School Cricketer
Oh yeah, how do you window the game? (newbie question :o) <_< I hate playing it in the full screen...

use the shortcut thats in the start menu

and also the bit about playing on 'manic': only use manic if you just want to get it over with; when bowling in one day matches i usually just use manual:over by over

Last edited:

degrees

School Cricketer
when bowling in one day matches i usually just use manualver by over

Me too. If you rush through the games I find the experience very unrewarding. However, with a bit of patience you can make more changes and a good batting / bowling performance is far more rewarding!

LongLegs?

Club Cricketer
use the shortcut thats in the start menu

and also the bit about playing on 'manic': only use manic if you just want to get it over with; when bowling in one day matches i usually just use manual:over by over

Doesn't work for some odd reason. It pops up, and then disappears a second later. :( Anybody know what the problem is?

Enjoying the game so far, as I've started a game with Bengal, and I've got to say I love how the overall bat/bowl rating changes with form. That's a different concept, and helps make the game more accurate. :hpraise

The fielding on the 2D display looks amateurish. But, yeah, the gameplay makes up for that anyways! And, it isn't a big deal anyways. If people find it odd, they can always not watch the highlights. :)

Last edited:

No8

School Cricketer
I love the game. But i have a question. I made myself in the game, and naturally, me being the perfect cricketer, made myself perfect at batting and bowling. However, i haven't played well really, does anyone have any ideas why??

Hooper

ICC Board Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Because you suck at cricket in real life and the game is so smart that it can recognize this.

No8

School Cricketer
Very funny, it was actually meant to be a joke, and didn't deserve to be handled with such contempt. But anyway, yes i don't seem to be scoring many runs with me. Could anyone help maybe? Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Is there any chance of Duckworth/Lewis being used in the patch?

Users who are viewing this thread