Cricket Heroes - testing & feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.

srk121

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
Hey everyone,

apologies - update 2 breaks bowling and causes the game to crash. I'm uploading update 3 now which fixes this.

Cheers
Kurt

Update 3 Carshes as well. it does'nt even open mate.

Thanks.

kurtkz

Game Developer
@srk121: Did you grab update 1 as well? Update 3 is only the executable. I'll add a full download to the 1st post as well for those who haven't downloaded or don't want to download update 1.

Also, are you running Win 32bit or 64bit?

----------

Hey everyone, I just updated the 1st post with a full download release that includes all 3 patches.

Cheers
Kurt

hedger_14

ICC Chairman
Ok, playing a test match between Australia and England. (You need to put Usman Khawaja in the list of Australian players. And do some player stats again. With Australia, I reckon some alterations should be made.

TR Birt - Batting up to just above half way at least
NW Bracken - Bowling up a tiny bit
DT Christian - Batting up to just above halfway and bowling up a bit
SR Clark - Bowling down a bit
MJ Clarke - Batting down a bit
B Geeves - Bowling up a tiny bit
AC Gilchrist - Batting down a bit
BJ Haddin - Batting up, so that Gilchrist and Haddin are about the same.
RJ Harris - Bowling up a fair bit
NM Hauritz - Batting up a bit
ML Hayden - Batting down a fair bit
JR Hazlewood - Bowling up a bit (about 70%)
MC Henriques - Batting up to halfway, bowling up to just above halfway
BW Hilfenhaus - Bowling up a bit
JR Hopes - Bowling down a bit
PJ Hughes - Batting down a bit
DJ Hussey - Batting up a lot
PA Jaques - Batting down a bit
SCG MacGill - Bowling down
SE Marsh - Batting up a tiny bit
CJ McKay - Bowling up a fair bit
DP Nannes - Bowling up a bit
TD Paine - Batting up a fair bit
RT Ponting - Batting down all the way :p a bit at least, should be about third best Aussie batsman
CJL Rogers - Batting up a lot
SPD Smith - Batting up a fair bit
AC Voges - Batting up a fair bit
SR Watson - Batting up a tiny bit
CL White - Batting up a lot! (80% or so)

And some changes you should make to the English players.

JM Anderson - Bowling up a bit
IR Bell - Batting down a tiny bit
TT Bresnan - Batting down a tiny bit, Bowling up a fair bit
SCJ Broad - Bowling down a bit
PD Collingwood - Batting down a tiny bit, Bowling up a bit
JL Denly - Bowling down all the way (He is a batsman who has taken like 10 career FC wickets at an average of about 50)
ST Finn - Bowling up a tiny bit
SJ Harmison - Bowling down a bit
MJ Hoggard - Bowling down a bit
C Kieswetter - Batting up a fair bit
MJ Lumb - Batting up a fair bit
EJG Morgan - Batting up a fair bit
MS Panesar - Bowling down a fair bit
SR Patel - Batting up a fair bit
LE Plunkett - Bowling up a bit
AU Rashid - Bowling up a fair bit, Batting up a bit
CT Tremlett - Bowling up a fair bit
MP Vaughan - Batting down a bit
MH Yardy - Batting up a fair bit

So the 2 playing XI's

Australia:

1. Simon Katich
2. Phil Hughes
3. Michael Hussey
4. Marcus North
5. Callum Ferguson
6. Shane Watson
7. Brad Haddin
8. Nathan Hauritz
9. Mitchell Johnson
10. Peter Siddle
11. Doug Bollinger

England:

1. Alastair Cook
2. Andrew Strauss
3. Jonathan Trott
4. Kevin Pietersen
5. Ian Bell
6. Eoin Morgan
7. Matt Prior
8. Graeme Swann
9. Ryan Sidebottom
10. James Anderson
11. Steven Finn

Sydney Cricket Ground (You should also put the spin up on this pitch. It's the best spinning pitch in Australia. It also has some assistance for pace bowlers on the first couple of days normally as well. The Gabba and WACA are normally better pitches for seam bowling)

Australia has won the toss and elected to bat

My updates will be coming soon.

kurtkz

Game Developer
@hedger_14: Hehe, thanks for the headsup - I'm using an algorithm to convert the player stats from HowzStat! to ingame statistics. Clearly I'm doing something very wrong :P After the next update (hopefully Thursday or thereabouts), I'll focus on getting the editor working.

hedger_14

ICC Chairman
Ok, started a test match on normal difficulty. The first ten overs and the AI are so stupid. Start off with a reasonable field. Bowl a couple of dot balls outside the offstump that I left alone. Then I get one sprayed down the legside and I hit it through midwicket for 4. They move a man out there straight away. A couple of balls later, I play a cut shot through third man and they move a man down there. I then hit a cover drive straight to the cover fielder so they decided to move him all the way back to the boundary. By the end of 5 overs, I had 5 fielders on the boundary and singles and 2's were easy to score so after 10 overs, I'm completely dominating them at 39/0.

Hughes 29* (36) 4 4's, 0 6's
Katich 10* (24) 1 4, 0 6's

Sidebottom 5 overs, 1 maiden, 0/12
Anderson 5 overs, 0 maidens, 0/27

And then I clicked on the Over thing and the game crashed. The spider also doesn't show anything as well. So once you make the AI better, I'll play a test again.

kurtkz

Game Developer
@hedger_14: Thanks for the feedback - I'll fix the bugs with the Over and Spider statistics and also see what I can do to improve the field settings for test matches. I should have improvements by Thursday. In the meantime, if you have any other comments/suggestions, you know where to find me :)

kurtkz

Game Developer
Hey everyone,

patch #4 is up - please note that you *need* to have downloaded either the full version or patch #1 for this to work. The new patch is just the new executable and the new player database.

Cheers
Kurt

hedger_14

ICC Chairman
Well with tests, they change their fields too much. One shot to the boundary and they move a man out there. In other words, the captain is too inconsistent. Maybe if 5 balls get hit out to the boundary or around there, then they move a fielder out there. And I also found that they balled a fair few balls down the legside giving me easy runs. I don't know how meet can't play down the legside. It is easy.

kurtkz

Game Developer
@hedger_14: Does the AI still chop and change the field with latest patch? And are there lots of balls bowled down legside for left-handers or right-handers? Or both?

nadeem1350

School Cricketer
I started a test match between Aus vs Eng after updating patch 3.
--How come I'm not able to get Noballs in the game? Neither when batting nor when bowling!
--Against Spinners, I'm walking down the track Intentionally before the ball is bowled and I'm not getting stumped!! And also have a try at randomizing the ball marker when the batsman walks out(just bang it short if the bowler observes that the batsman is charging, like in real life)
--I tried something odd! I tried to pitch the ball way closer to the bowling crease and you know what..the bowler never delivers the ball and the game crashes! Try to limit the range of bowling marker to the area possible in real life!
--Intentionally I tried to be runout...I ran after the fielder fielded the ball..he threw it to the bowlers end. Even if the bowler had hit the stumps at his end, the batsman would have been out, instead, he sent the ball to the keeper's end.(the runner was out) What I want to say is, though there was great chance in doing so, but logically he should have hit the near stumps first!

And also, the runner never takes initial steps for runs while the bowler bowls. When I tried walking down the track as a batsman and then ran, I was feeling that batsman was faster( I mean a lot far out of crease) than the runner should have been in the real sense.

I hope you got it!!

kurtkz

Game Developer
I started a test match between Aus vs Eng after updating patch 3.
--How come I'm not able to get Noballs in the game? Neither when batting nor when bowling!
--Against Spinners, I'm walking down the track Intentionally before the ball is bowled and I'm not getting stumped!! And also have a try at randomizing the ball marker when the batsman walks out(just bang it short if the bowler observes that the batsman is charging, like in real life)
--I tried something odd! I tried to pitch the ball way closer to the bowling crease and you know what..the bowler never delivers the ball and the game crashes! Try to limit the range of bowling marker to the area possible in real life!
--Intentionally I tried to be runout...I ran after the fielder fielded the ball..he threw it to the bowlers end. Even if the bowler had hit the stumps at his end, the batsman would have been out, instead, he sent the ball to the keeper's end.(the runner was out) What I want to say is, though there was great chance in doing so, but logically he should have hit the near stumps first!

And also, the runner never takes initial steps for runs while the bowler bowls. When I tried walking down the track as a batsman and then ran, I was feeling that batsman was faster( I mean a lot far out of crease) than the runner should have been in the real sense.

I hope you got it!!

Thanks for the feedback, nadeem1350, it's much appreciated :)

To reply:

1. I remember disabling no-balls when the player is bowling - I'll switch it back on (someone complained about it previously I think). The AI does bowl no-balls but it's very rarely. I'll tweak the settings and see what feels right.

2. That's a good idea - I'll add that to the next update :) I'll also fix the stumpings.

3. Aaaah, good spot - I'll fix that as well.

4. Hmm, I need to investigate this more. The fielder should be throwing to the best end or try to break the stumps. I'll see why this isn't the case.

5. You mean you want the non-facing batsman to back up when the bowler runs in? Not a problem :)

Cheers
Kurt

Meet

Chairman of Selectors
I don't know how meet can't play down the legside. It is easy.
Right or left batsman?

----------

I guess medium pacers should be bowling a bit far as ATM they are just bowling from the place where spinner bowls.And if you will include stumping, we will lost wicket easily IMO.You need to tweak the batting against the spinner.Though I dunno what should be exactly done to make batting against spinners more realistic.

kurtkz

Game Developer
Right or left batsman?

----------

I guess medium pacers should be bowling a bit far as ATM they are just bowling from the place where spinner bowls.And if you will include stumping, we will lost wicket easily IMO.You need to tweak the batting against the spinner.Though I dunno what should be exactly done to make batting against spinners more realistic.

Cool, I'll make the medium pacers runup a bit longer - there are stumpings in the game at the moment, but it happens very rarely. I'm fixing that now. Let's see how that turns out before I start tweaking batting against spinners...

Agrim

School Cricketer
Started with update 4. great work mate. a few issues i had were:
-game just hurries up while batting after resuming from a pause so there is very small time to play the shot
-how to see the fielding placement of the opposite side while batting??
-i could bowl from close to the wickets from the right side of the stumps (be it any bowler), but not from the left side of the stumps.
-no stumping. not even run out attempts when i come down the wicket but don't run and stay there.

----------

-also to allow the keeper to come up to the stumps for medium and medium fast bowlers would be a great option.

kurtkz

Game Developer
Started with update 4. great work mate. a few issues i had were:
-game just hurries up while batting after resuming from a pause so there is very small time to play the shot
-how to see the fielding placement of the opposite side while batting??
-i could bowl from close to the wickets from the right side of the stumps (be it any bowler), but not from the left side of the stumps.
-no stumping. not even run out attempts when i come down the wicket but don't run and stay there.

Thanks for the feedback, Agrim:

1. ooh, I'll fix that in the next update.

2. do you mean you want to see that field placing for the other batsman (the one not on strike)?

3. do you mean that you can't bowl from close to the wickets from the left side? You should be able to. The marker just looks like it's further away to the left - this is to make space for the bowler to run next to the stumps instead of through it :)

4. I'm working on the stumpings as I type this - should be ready for the next update too :)

5. Cool, I'll see if I can add the option of bringing the keeper up to the stumps for the quicks - it might not make it into patch #5, but I'll definitely add it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread