Cricket Heroes - testing & feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xophia

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Game hangs for me on enter name. mouse cursor is stuck and I cant enter aything in the field. I see some others have same issue. :(

dancingmongoose

International Coach
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Whenever I try to start now I get this:

Code:
RUN @ 10/03/2013 3:27:58 PM

VERSION: 2.38
PROFILE: N/A

STACK TRACE:    at Cricket.Main.GameObject.ShotDescriptionManager.Load(String filename) in d:\Projects\Cricket Heroesv3D\Cricket Heroesv3\Cricket Heroes\Main\GameObject\ShotDescriptionManager.cs:line 67
   at Cricket.Main.Game.Main(String[] args) in d:\Projects\Cricket Heroesv3D\Cricket Heroesv3\Cricket Heroes\Main\Game.cs:line 3575

Both with audio disabled and enabled

kurtkz

Game Developer
@Xophia: Did you restart the game after you unplugged it?

@dancingmongoose: Did you try to edit the shots file by any chance? I'll be uploading a proper (working) update today.

kurtkz

Game Developer
Hi guys,

this patch should include the missing files and night games should be back to full speed.

Again, if you get an XMLParser error, please grab the fix (also attached).

Cheers
K

Attachments

• Patch-2.39.zip
    3.9 MB · Views: 14
  • Patch-2.39 (xml fix).zip
    3.9 MB · Views: 7

itay128

Club Captain
Hi guys,

this patch should include the missing files and night games should be back to full speed.

Again, if you get an XMLParser error, please grab the fix (also attached).

Cheers
K

Tried playing a few strokes in net practice (but always happen to keep playing and missing with the back foot hook shot). As well, there seems to still be an issue with resuming games (even games saved on the latest patch, the 'incompatible with the current version' error comes up)

Last edited:

kurtkz

Game Developer
@Ashu: Sent it.

@itay: Thanks, I'll take a look at the hook shot - might have set it too high. Apologies for the save game issue, I've been making lots of changes to the format so the old ones won't work anymore :/ Newly saved games should work though...

dancingmongoose

International Coach
Yeah I did edit the shots, I made the pull a little more square but Ive got it to load before. Trying the new update

kurtkz

Game Developer
Yeah, I need to update the editors. I'll hopefully be doing that this week. I've just added sponsorships and fixed up the bowling speeds in career mode. The next 2 days or so will be spent fixing up camera issues, adding a quick sim mode (only sims scores - mainly for career mode) and maybe adding assets to career mode.

dancingmongoose

International Coach
Good to see that career mode and bowling all-rounder are working :D
Coming up to the first game...

----------

Camera has gone back to being jumpy when bowling...

But the gameplay is soo much smoother

----------

Can't select OK for a exhibition test match unless clicking auto

----------

And on top of having to play James Hopes and Mike Hussey in the test, Zaheer Khan bowled the first two consecutive overs. I then proceeded to click the quit button

----------

Just started a T20 exhibition against the Netherlands and Bukhari bolwed the first two overs.

And Im not sure there is such thing as a top edge for a straight drive...

----------

Just bowled the 13th and 14th overs in career, this is killing the game!

----------

As is the failure for any umpire to give an lbw whilst I am controlling the bowler

----------

Whats with the weird shot it plays when you dont play a shot? Why doesn't it just leave like it does in every other cricket game?

----------

Whats the print screen button? Whenever I try to take one of, say, a scorecard it takes me back to the menu (cause I have to press the fn button)

----------

Here's the full extent of the issue:
capturevzf.png

Storer11

Club Captain
Just my 2 cents:

- the default difficulty is set to pro. Might be better to set it to Easy or something.

- I think the commentary output is really good, but it probably doesn't NEED to be in that much depth.
For example:
0.1 Junaid Khan to Brendon McCullum, dot, 137.01kph, J Khan hits a short length just outside leg. B McCullum gets behind the ball and blocks it. The non-striker calls for a non-existent run. B McCullum rightly sends him back
could be changed into something like
0.1 Junaid Khan to Brendon McCullum, dot, 137.01kph, J Khan hits a short length just outside leg. B McCullum gets behind the ball and blocks it.
OR
0.1 Junaid Khan to Brendon McCullum, dot, 137.01kph, J Khan bowls short to McCullum, but he defends strongly.

The shorter the commentary the better, if done correctly.

- when simulating an exhibition match, it doesn't give me the option to choose the teams I want to play.

- the Netherlands beat Sri Lanka in a one day match by 4 wickets. Could be a one off, just thought it was interesting.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread