Cricket Revolution Online Gameplay Thread

D

Dutch

Well dutch you are old fashioned mate, what can I say. The future of video games is online. I cannot play the AI at all in any game that has an online feature. I just cannot bring myself to play a computer program as opposed to a human being.

Also CR was touted as being designed for the online environment. So making it p2p is really mind boggling.

As it stands right now, who ever hosts the game wins.

I'm not old fashioned; what's wrong with flares and the sheepskin coat and I have painted my car to look like the one in Starsky and Hutch???:D

Well I am probably mental but I do enjoy playing off-line. Online I am utter crap and hardly ever win which can become frustrating and i like the longer games which aren't always possible online. Who is going to stick around for 50 overs? And I can save whenever I want offline.....to you sir, yes sir, to you sir!:)

rellocan

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Well dutch you are old fashioned mate, what can I say. The future of video games is online. I cannot play the AI at all in any game that has an online feature. I just cannot bring myself to play a computer program as opposed to a human being.

Also CR was touted as being designed for the online environment. So making it p2p is really mind boggling.

As it stands right now, who ever hosts the game wins.

That is completely false, i barely ever host and i always win my games. If you host it doesn't completely remove the lag either, its usually the same for both players from my experience of hosting.

Its usually the better player who wins the game and your just on the losing end it seems.

If you want a lag free game then try playing people who live close to your area, playing with fazzy i get a latency of 16 ms which makes the game feel like its single player. Basically anything under 60ms will guarantee you a lag free experience

las_faiz

International Cricketer
Profile Flag
Canada
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
That is completely false, i barely ever host and i always win my games. If you host it doesn't completely remove the lag either, its usually the same for both players from my experience of hosting.

Its usually the better player who wins the game and your just on the losing end it seems.

If you want a lag free game then try playing people who live close to your area, playing with fazzy i get a latency of 16 ms which makes the game feel like its single player. Basically anything under 60ms will guarantee you a lag free experience

Are you KaranB. Nice to see you here on PC mate
We have had some great matches on CR. See you there mate

las_faiz

International Cricketer
Profile Flag
Canada
Damn those CR guys are good now. Beating me every next game.

I just need more offline practice now.

siddhi

School Cricketer
I dont think ping is such a huge problem. For bowling and fielding ping doesnt come into the picture at all since there is no timing involved. Batting is the only issue and with a bit of practice its possible to play reasonably well. So far all my online games have a ping of 225 - 300. I've only hosted twice (and lost once to an opponent with a ping of 280). I played one game with 350 and that was really unplayable. As long as it is <300 its fine I think.

P

pcfan123

As long as it is <300 its fine I think.

Maybe for you but playing with that much lag is not fun in any kind of game. Especially when I can turn on AC09 and play with a a ping of 50-100.

300 ping is almost half a second delay, thats unacceptable.

las_faiz

International Cricketer
Profile Flag
Canada
Apart from the lag its people strategy of exploiting the game online

I was in 3 matches online yestd where people constantly bowled wide length. With the limited amount of shots its hard to counter that strategy. On AC09 with 360 controls I would hammer a guy who used that strategy against me but this game the shots are too limited. I don't use cheap tactics and I don't want to play people who use cheap ways to just win an online match. So I'll just play offline with the AI as the AI is far smarter then those one trick retarded pony's online. Atleast I can play proper shots with the AI and it actually feels like I am playing cricket. Also, people have found a way to quit the match when losing without getting a loss.

Last edited:
P

pcfan123

How can you do that? God the quitters will always find a way to beat the system :facepalm

We just need to CR stats tracking and lobby on AC09 and it will be heaven!

shirazu

Club Cricketer
I wish the AI was a little better though...they usually go for 150+ against me on hard now, highest score was 231 including 6 sixes in an over. Meanwhile online I can't break 100 or even close against the good players really. But the CPU, no matter how many times I slog for six, it's the same full delivery or yorker with wide open gaps in the outfield. It's kind of fun though, but they don't chase 150 very often.
Longer games can be a bit more interesting. One of the problems with this game is that it's not much harder to go for fours than to play regular cricket shots, and against certain types of fields there's not much risk in going for six either. And when you run between the wickets as badly as me it is far more dangerous to go for singles since the fielders direct hit 90%.

sunny420

School Cricketer
hey guys.. i have a problem.. while im playing games online... 2 games i batted but in middle of game the game would stop working... it would say cricketrevoultinon.exe has stopped working... does anyone kno y tis happns? plzz helpp thnx sunny

D

Dutch

I wish the AI was a little better though...they usually go for 150+ against me on hard now, highest score was 231 including 6 sixes in an over. Meanwhile online I can't break 100 or even close against the good players really. But the CPU, no matter how many times I slog for six, it's the same full delivery or yorker with wide open gaps in the outfield. It's kind of fun though, but they don't chase 150 very often.
Longer games can be a bit more interesting. One of the problems with this game is that it's not much harder to go for fours than to play regular cricket shots, and against certain types of fields there's not much risk in going for six either. And when you run between the wickets as badly as me it is far more dangerous to go for singles since the fielders direct hit 90%.

I am enjoying 50 over games with CR off-line. AI are realistic and get reasonable totals. My batting lets me down though!

d3v3sh

School Cricketer
Gameplay Recommendations

Dear CR Team,

Congrats on success of Cricket Revolution.

I have played game and have some recommendations you may consider to feature these in upcoming patches/release:-

1. WIDE ball decisions are sluggish. Infact a bit moody, umpire will give wide ball as per his like guess..shld improve this on immediate basis

2. Squad Selection:- One shld be able to select team out of squad of 16 players depending on factors like pitch condition and current form of player

3. Bowling guage to be speed up to increase probabilty of No-ball. So Far haven't bowled any no-ball.

4. Though understand batsmen take some time to settle, but there are some gr8/aggressive batsmen who can hit from first ball. What I have seen is even if batsmen is highly talented but is unsettle he'll edge the drives..no realistic.

5. No overthrows.

6. options of selecting series with combination of ODR/Test and T20.

7. Test playing nation team player customisation.

8. Inclusion of drive and flick to midwicket.

So far this is what i have come up with. Will upade if more things come up in mind

iabozdar

School Cricketer
game is good but as mentioned no over throws and lbw's are not good umpire gives wrong lbw decesion it happened to me some times,any one wan to play on himachi my network is iabozdar pass 4328919

Users who are viewing this thread