dbc17 hacks: fearsome tweak v1.51

francobaldo1

Fearsome tweak legend...
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Very interesting, and some sloppy cricket too. I wonder what results would be like on veteran? Really wish I had a gaming PC at the moment :(

I can do the England batsmen characteristics if you want them @francobaldo1

SA looked untroubled, then disaster struck. I'm glad i recorded all. At some point i increased the "aggressive leg glance" for Elgar, so he could use
some opportunities, didnt expect that he would attack the spinner for 6. Another thing is that Amla used 2-3 times an aggressive Cut (i think), which
was disabled for both batsmen (but he had the normal cut). I will check if i made a mistake, however it was the only one i saw.

Sure post England mentality. I'll make certainly some tests on veteran.

Langeveldt

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  4. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
SA looked untroubled, then disaster struck. I'm glad i recorded all. At some point i increased the "aggressive leg glance" for Elgar, so he could use
some opportunities, didnt expect that he would attack the spinner for 6. Another thing is that Amla used 2-3 times an aggressive Cut (i think), which
was disabled for both batsmen (but he had the normal cut). I will check if i made a mistake, however it was the only one i saw.

Sure post England mentality. I'll make certainly some tests on veteran.

Can't remember your team for England, hope this is close

England

Cook - Conservative (nurdles, glances, etc)
Jennings - Conservative/Balanced
Ballance - Conservative/Balanced
Root - Precise/Balanced (all around player)
Ali - Precise (loves driving, goes over the top)
Bairstow - Aggressive (leg side dominant)
Stokes - Aggressive/Brute (all around, punchy cricketer)
Woakes - Precise (all around)
Broad - Aggressive (likes driving and glances)
Rashid - Balanced
Anderson - Conservative

D

Dutch

Can't remember your team for England, hope this is close

England

Cook - Conservative (nurdles, glances, etc)
Jennings - Conservative/Balanced
Ballance - Conservative/Balanced
Root - Precise/Balanced (all around player)
Ali - Precise (loves driving, goes over the top)
Bairstow - Aggressive (leg side dominant)
Stokes - Aggressive/Brute (all around, punchy cricketer)
Woakes - Precise (all around)
Broad - Aggressive (likes driving and glances)
Rashid - Balanced
Anderson - Conservative

How's life shaping up mate? Back on your feet as it were? Off topic but we are a close bunch in the Franco Hack Thread!

Langeveldt

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  4. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
How's life shaping up mate? Back on your feet as it were? Off topic but we are a close bunch in the Franco Hack Thread!

Not really. I had to go back to South Africa to sell up the business but all my stuff is still in the Netherlands. Whatever this woman is going through I am just letting her be until she contacts me. But it does mean I am without a gaming PC, or the money for it for an undefined length of time. I'm not quite sure what she is waiting for, maybe for me to leave SA. And thanks for the interest, things suck but having Don Bradman Cricket Captain to come back to one day will be great!

As things stand I am currently un or underemployed at the moment so any streams of this new development would be massively appreciated.

I was also thinking, if this takes a few months, are there any gaming laptops that will run DBC well?

Last edited:

Spoobir

Thread of the Month March 2018
I was also thinking, if this takes a few months, are there any gaming laptops that will run DBC well?

Absolutely, I bought my laptop for £800 (about medium-range for a gaming laptop) over a year ago and it runs DBC 17 perfectly on the highest settings (only problem is I can't stream/record the game live because I get some weird ball stutter despite the framerate being fine). It does struggle a little with some higher-end games on high+ graphics but playing on medium/high doesn't bother me too much.

These are the relevant things you want from the DBC 17 recommended specs:
  • Processor: Intel Core i5-4200 / AMD Phenom II X4 970
  • Memory: 8 GB RAM
  • Graphics: AMD Radeon R9 270 or NVIDIA GeForce GTX 770 with minimum 2GB Memory
Not sure what things are like price-wise in SA but getting one with the recommended specs or a bit better for a semi-decent price shouldn't be too hard. Bear in mind you'll probably want a slightly better model of graphics card since mobile ones are not as powerful. I have a gtx 960m in mine.

D

Dutch

Yeah i had a gaming laptop from 2013 which played dbc 14 and 17 pretty well although i had to turn the crowd off....

francobaldo1

Fearsome tweak legend...
was about to record the third part of the match, and again the save file didnt work. I made a test and it seems there is some stupid bug with the autosave.
After lunch i will recreate the scenario and try again.

Last edited:

Spoobir

Went ahead and completed the innings in my Legendary AI vs AI match. Beginning to look like the middle-order collapse is pretty standard regardless of settings.

1bfb76e069.png

Theorising: I'm wondering if maybe bowler confidence has a little bit too much of an effect on picking up wickets. Possibly using the tool to keep it at a max of about 70-80% might be something worth trying, or just slowing the rate at which it increases. Other option is to start new batsmen at a higher confidence as I really think the effect of high confidence bowler vs low confidence batsmen is just too pronounced. Obviously that dynamic should exist but the fact that these total collapses happen pretty much every time (you can also see it in Franco's match) shows it's likely something that is over-tuned.

Most of the wickets were nicks, often off shorter stuff. One run-out which wasn't too dodgy looking (just good pickup and throw by the bowler) and I decided to see what happened if I made Tamim a bit more aggressive and he holed out to mid-off for 1, lol.

When I get the chance I'll do the SA innings and see if they can give me that illusive 300+ score.

francobaldo1

Fearsome tweak legend...
AI shot selection v0.10 (link in the first post)

i think any testing will be better if done on this version

-the AI now will initially discard shots like in the vanilla game. Improves the quality of the batting.
-the mod now loads instantly
-now you can set the shots at any moment for both batsmen, and it should autodetect them when they are at the crease. However it's better to check if it's working correctly.
-there is a presets function now, if you want to use it. But i made it very quickly. Click on the box "enable hotkeys", then press 1,2 or 3 to load a preset. To create a preset,
press S and select your settings. After that press 1,2 or 3 to save them in a slot. Now you can load them. There is also a RESTORE key: if you press R, it will reload any
settings that were present before you loaded a preset. WAIT 1 SECOND after you press a key, before you press another key.

Spoobir

-the AI now will initially discard shots like in the vanilla game. Improves the quality of the batting.

Would you mind elaborating a little more on what this means compared to how it worked in previous versions?

francobaldo1

Fearsome tweak legend...
Would you mind elaborating a little more on what this means compared to how it worked in previous versions?

it will discard shots like sweep against bouncer, or advance block against fast bowling. A human player of course can play these shots.
In the next update i will add the option to choose what run rate the AI must try to get. This could actually solve the problem of low scoring (it worked on dbc14).

However until there is a proper AI, that can do a prediction of the events in a game, i think this mod will use only the 30% of the potential of the game.
If it relies only on algorithms and random chance, probably there will be always something that doesnt work, and you have to "explain" a lot of things
to it (why he must not block the last ball of a ODI). A proper AI instead will "predict the events", and will understand that by itself (like chess AI).
I remember someone posted on the forum an AI program for cricket, but cant find it.

Just finished the third session of the match.

Users who are viewing this thread