DBC17 Patch 4 available now on PS4/Xbox One

sweet magee

County Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
I've played three tests on medium / medium / pro with default sliders and in the six innings I've bowled - so a possible 60 dismissals - every single wicket I've taken has been a catch, no exaggeration. Majority with spinners who seem way more effective than any other kind of bowler for me, so much so that I've taken to opening the bowling with a spinner every time and using one throughout an innings. I've always just bowled to the fields the AI sets for my bowler so I'm not crowding people round the bat and / or getting bat pads. Most common way of people getting out seems to be edge to the keeper, usually when I bowl wide-ish with a spinner.

DeadShot

Club Captain
Haven't started career mode yet. But enjoying 50 over matches with AI being competitive in Pro difficulty.

First Match:
India (Me) Vs Pakistan (AI)
I struggled with batting and finally ended up with 227. Really enjoyed defending the target with Pakistan being 4/87 at one point and I thought I would win easily. But it was very tense match and finally won the match by 12 runs with 16 balls to spare.

Second Match:
India (Me) Vs SL (AI)
Won the toss and bowled first. SL was 5/107 at one point and then Tharanga and Perera batted sensibily. SL ended up with 267.

Chase is going to be tough with my batting being not that good.

Edit:
Chased down the target and won by 1 wicket with 15 balls to spare. Mini collapse at the end trying out different things.

Last edited:

Cricketfan442

School Cricketer
I was wondering if anyone has experienced rain in their carrer mode after the release of patch 4 on ps4? The patch notes say weather variation, however does that mean in career mode or just in quick play now games?

sweet magee

County Cricketer
I had a one hour rain delay in a casual test match but there was no physical sign of rain, or even dark conditions. Seemed like a bright sunny day and then suddenly everybody trooped off.

whiteninness

Panel of Selectors
Are all adboards still LED style? Is it possible to have an image that isn't all shiny?

Wealey

ICC Board Member
IMG_8522.JPG

@blockerdave @cricket_online

I think the bowlers are overskilled, I lowered Bangladesh to all be between 62-68 and this is how Australia batted.

Reason why I though of this was during my South Africa test they are 160-5 with Anderson taking 3 early.

He's by far the highest rates of the bowlers at 82.

During the ODi's and T20 all my bowlers were in the 60's and it was very realistic!

Wealey

ICC Board Member
IMG_8524.JPG
IMG_8523.JPG
@cricket_online @blockerdave

Apologies for the spam....

Scorecard shows Anderson up top causing chaos. Took him off and didn't bowl with him. Bought him back he broke the partnership. When he's not bowling it's a very even cat and mouse contest.

As you can see he is highest rated by far with the other wicket takers being in the 70's. I'd say top international sides would be 70's. Your Bangladesh etc in the 60's.

Just food for thought....

WizardOfOz

Club Cricketer
Had this unreal match earlier this week:

0d8250a18d6bf45237137877d5a5e785.png

9cb793ffed271b2243fbe9508f9c7f98.png

I was playing as England. SA were 122-3 at the halfway stage at their innings (@BigAntStudios have got the AI acceleration spot on). Needed 1 off the last over and unfortunately Rabada bowled full and wide and I missed the ball completely. I played on all default settings for this game. The only issue I had was that I got no clean bowleds during my 50 overs - apart from that, everything was great. The fielding was sharp and I didn't have any bat-pad issues.

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
View attachment 190334 View attachment 190333 @cricket_online @blockerdave

Scorecard shows Anderson up top causing chaos. Took him off and didn't bowl with him. Bought him back he broke the partnership. When he's not bowling it's a very even cat and mouse contest.

As you can see he is highest rated by far with the other wicket takers being in the 70's. I'd say top international sides would be 70's. Your Bangladesh etc in the 60's.

IMO Big Ant needs to tweak the bowling so that it's nerfed a bit. Maybe make 85 the new 100 so the bowlers with 70s and 80s ratings actually perform like one. Or Big Ant needs to provide some sort of guidance, i.e. intl batsmen should be in 70s and 80s whereas corresponding bowlers need to be rated in 60s and 70s.

Last edited:

Wealey

ICC Board Member
IMO Big Ant needs to tweak the bowling a bit so that it's nerfed a bit. Maybe make 85 the new 100 so the bowlers with 70s and 80s ratings actually perform like one. Or Big Ant needs to provide some sort of guidance, i.e. intl batsmen should be in 70s and 80s whereas corresponding bowlers need to be rated in 60s and 70s.

Ok so it played out as I expected. Bearing in mind it's a crumbly worn horror show of a pitch 266 isn't that bad. But when Anderson wasn't involved the batsmen were pretty comfy. New ball and on comes Anderson and it's game over!

I'm getting plenty of bowleds @WizardOfOz @Langeveldt take a look...

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
View attachment 190334 View attachment 190333 @cricket_online @blockerdave

Is this on Pro?

It doesn't tie in that well with my experience (albeit on veteran or legend)... where bowling as AROSA Sri Lanka I might still have one "golden arm" bowler in a match or innings who is still comparatively lowly rated.

Users who are viewing this thread