DBC17 Patch 4 available now on PS4/Xbox One

Live cricket

School Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Those who are complaining about dynamuc lineups, I am captaining sixers in career mode. Every time my team lose two consecutive matches, I m removed out of captaincy..Superb stuff. Three cheers to BA..

DeadShot

Club Captain
Going to start career mode for first time in DBC 17. Should I manually update the county teams or get best will work?

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
I dont understand why bigant went down this path.

The main two components in bowling is line and length. DBC14 had this depicted perfectly. Thats the entire point of the new bowling mechanics. The way it is better just bring back the pitch marker lime the old cricket games.

This game would be awesome now if it had the same bowling mechanics as DBC14 imo!

If I've to venture a guess it would be to add the ability to see the ball marker early so most users don't have to pre-meditate. If the length of the delivery is based solely on Right Stick then you have to wait for the bowling action to be complete before the ball marker to be viewed. This won't leave enough time for folks like me to determine line & length and lead to pre-meditation a la DBC 14. If given a choice between lesser control over length while bowling vs not be able to view ball marker early enough, I would go with the former as pre-meditation while batting takes a lot out of the game.

NursingHomeFire

School Cricketer
Well done on those testing

Missed more fixed less. What did u guys actually do.

New fielding issues etc

disco123

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
England
Going to start career mode for first time in DBC 17. Should I manually update the county teams or get best will work?[/QUOTE

Go to the academy and checkout Kikos 2017 county project that should be everything you need , manual upload , I'm using them for my career , they are excellent

Ajh1977

International Coach
Profile Flag
England
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Last night I had a missed stumping chance that the keeper missed completely and it hit his thigh and a fielder jumping up to pay the ball back rather than catching it over the rope. GREAT stuff. The missed stumping liked really lifelike at real speed. It was a career club game so low skilled keeper probably. The great boundary fielding was with a much higher skilled player on casual.
For me the stats in career are working and apart from having stats tracking outside career for created players and the previously mentioned lack of jumpers and vests ect I'm quite happy now overall. I couldnt imaging BA would release a patch for the 3 or 4 things i would like to see added.

-Stadium icon not sticking.
-Jumpers and tops variation
-Stats tracking outside career for created players.
-Turbans and headbands when bowling.
-Career team list edit function
-Ability to assign batting points for first innings only.

To be fair this is all that's missing for me so I wouldn't expect fixes. It's a very good game for me now. Others may disagree but if BA are planning a sequel I wouldn't demand a patch 5.

Xboxer

Club Captain
Profile Flag
United Arab Emirates
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Ball hits the pad (miss hit), balloons up and is caught by wicket keeper and umpire gives it out. Am I the only one facing this bug?

mal2771

School Cricketer
Anyone redownloading individual teams and not using get best this is the order that I can suggest to get most up to date teams, kits, faces and properly assigned bats (inc. sharers id):
Associates (friediele7 for Ireland)---Karolkarol
India Domestic---wasteyouryouth
Pakistan domestic---spiderman493
West Indies Domestic---Wasteyouryouth
Bangladesh domestic---Wasteyouryouth
New Zealand domestic---Friediele7
Pakistan premier plate---Friediele7?
SA Domestic---Friediele7
Sri Lanka domestic-Wasteyouryouth
Caribbean cricket cup---Wasteyouryouth
Zimbabwe domestic---Wasteyouryouth
Australian domestic---See which teams to download page 1
Australian t20 clash---See which teams to download page 1
Ipl---Friediele7
Test Nations---Friediele7
England domestic---Aguycalledkiko/wasteyouryouth (see the County project)

Hi, done this like suggested, took ages to individually setup all teams etc. Finally got to start a new career and now keep getting blue screen error crashes. Any ideas what could have caused it?? I did change some team logos for better ones. Could that be causing the crashing. Really don't want to have delete everything and start again or use get best for all the teams. Any advice be gratefully received.
Am on PS4 console. Thanks

cricfan90

School Cricketer
@MattW - Thanks to your team and the beta testers for bringing out vast changes with patch 4.

We are kept in the dark as to the release of a future patch to DBC 17 though several bugs/issues have been reported. Some changes may be feasible and some may not. All I ask for is to keep the communication channel open.

Jerm

International Coach
SA.....
Profile Flag
South Africa
Those who are complaining about dynamuc lineups, I am captaining sixers in career mode. Every time my team lose two consecutive matches, I m removed out of captaincy..Superb stuff. Three cheers to BA..
wow thats a bit harsh :) at least 4 games in a row should warrent a removal ;)

Jerm

International Coach
SA.....
Profile Flag
South Africa
Ball hits the pad (miss hit), balloons up and is caught by wicket keeper and umpire gives it out. Am I the only one facing this bug?
why is this a bug, that happens in reality too ;) umpires suck!

dom2110

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
England
Hi, done this like suggested, took ages to individually setup all teams etc. Finally got to start a new career and now keep getting blue screen error crashes. Any ideas what could have caused it?? I did change some team logos for better ones. Could that be causing the crashing. Really don't want to have delete everything and start again or use get best for all the teams. Any advice be gratefully received.
Am on PS4 console. Thanks
I'm not sure what might be causing that. This is the steps I used before and after the patch and never had a blue screen before. Will give career mode a go today or tomorrow and see if I get the same thing. Out of interest what were your starting settings, i.e. League, nationality

mal2771

School Cricketer
I'm not sure what might be causing that. This is the steps I used before and after the patch and never had a blue screen before. Will give career mode a go today or tomorrow and see if I get the same thing. Out of interest what were your starting settings, i.e. League, nationality

I started an English career with Essex and then you obviously start at club level and I was with Chelmsford. Got to match 3 in club career and then from there on when I try to advance to match 4 it crashes to blue screen at same point everytime. Tried 4 times to advance and crashed at same point everytime. So had no choice but to delete everything, teams, logos, save games etc.

Very frustrating don't know what to download now and what not to as could happen again.

mal2771

School Cricketer
Also when you start a new career and you setup your club career it says add 5 teams from the list to have in your league, so you do select the 5 you want and then when the league is created the 5 teams you selected along with yours are completely different to what you selected. Not a major issue but seems bit pointless to have the option to do it and it doesn't work in practice. Oh well never mind lol

Live cricket

School Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
@MattW @BigAntStudios All things fine except fields are not sticking in field editor..Apply all works most of the time but when it does not.. you have to change the field every ball and sometimes it is not even what you just set in editor.Please see. Match type: 20-20 mode: career mode

Users who are viewing this thread