Dean Johnes Method (reskilling players)

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
I'm sorry but I downloaded your teams and it's literally unplayable - Chris Gayle just ran a 3 in an ODI.......

Seriously though it does feel better - shots feel much more dynamic - the AI is a lot better hooking and pulling. Thanks for your hard work
If Big Ant get to a point where you to can create a player like Chris Gayle (starts like he's in a test match then goes ballistic, can't/doesn't run unless it's completely viable) we'd have a great game.

Parky

Club Cricketer
I just downloaded your teams and am a little confused about some of the bowlers bowlikg speed rating. Some of the ones I noticed were Mark Wood & Olly Stone in the teens when they bowl as quick as Starc IRL who's got a 92 rating... Surely that's not right?

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
I just downloaded your teams and am a little confused about some of the bowlers bowlikg speed rating. Some of the ones I noticed were Mark Wood & Olly Stone in the teens when they bowl as quick as Starc IRL who's got a 92 rating... Surely that's not right?
I might boost Mark Wood when I do version 2, because he's actually bowling fast recently, for much of the past few years he's been mid 80s.

Parky

Club Cricketer
I might boost Mark Wood when I do version 2, because he's actually bowling fast recently, for much of the past few years he's been mid 80s.

Even so his rating of 19 has him bowling mid 60's mph which is remotely close to real life

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
I'm looking to update these. I was thinking of putting them onto my wasteyouryouth1 ID to reduce the number of IDs I'm sharing under. In case this can be confusing.

What do people think is better? If I kept them under the DJMethod ID it at least means there is some kind of back up in case it all goes horribly wrong. Or are you happy to take a risk? I can backup the files myself but the more kits or changes I make (to rosters, bats, etc) it will quickly become out of date.

I'm also going to work on some retro teams under a third ID (they will be reskilled but I need an extra ID for the logo space). So I will have at least two, is three too confusing?

Wizle

Club Cricketer
I'm looking to update these. I was thinking of putting them onto my wasteyouryouth1 ID to reduce the number of IDs I'm sharing under. In case this can be confusing.

What do people think is better? If I kept them under the DJMethod ID it at least means there is some kind of back up in case it all goes horribly wrong. Or are you happy to take a risk? I can backup the files myself but the more kits or changes I make (to rosters, bats, etc) it will quickly become out of date.

I'm also going to work on some retro teams under a third ID (they will be reskilled but I need an extra ID for the logo space). So I will have at least two, is three too confusing?
IMO you should keep them separate. I’d advise those who can to do something like I did. I ended up creating a user profile on my Ps4 just for the djm and the prospective retro teams. They play so well it would be great not to mix them with the earlier creations if you can.

Langeveldt

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  4. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
I've come back to Ashes Cricket as I want inner ring catches...

@wasteyouryouth -- I am confused as to how your reskilled players get to field in the correct positions. I literally skilled a guy (Taijul Islam) to be a horrific catcher and not agile, and the AI puts him in at slip... What on earth is your formula??

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
I've come back to Ashes Cricket as I want inner ring catches...

@wasteyouryouth -- I am confused as to how your reskilled players get to field in the correct positions. I literally skilled a guy (Taijul Islam) to be a horrific catcher and not agile, and the AI puts him in at slip... What on earth is your formula??
Erm.. Gonna have to cast my mind back a bit..

Basically the game allocates certain positions before others. So the best fielder at mid on will go to mid on first. I think it's mid on/mid off first, then other infield positions, outfield (inc midwicket), slips and then close fielders (inc gully). When there are players left they go to slips or gully (why bowlers often ended up there because they might have low infield ratings). To be more realistic I would try and have two bowlers set at Mid On/Mid Off which is fairly realistic, then another two as outfield. You want your slip fielders to be low rated for other positions - sucks for the likes of Ben Stokes and Steve Smith who can field anywhere - particularly if you go into a limited overs match.

Best way I find to do it is have a 1st choice and 2nd choice position and rate them highly and rate the others low.

I did have an order noted down in a spreadsheet but I've no idea where that is and I may well have deleted it. I'll see if I can find it.

Langeveldt

Panel of Selectors
Erm.. Gonna have to cast my mind back a bit..

Basically the game allocates certain positions before others. So the best fielder at mid on will go to mid on first. I think it's mid on/mid off first, then other infield positions, outfield (inc midwicket), slips and then close fielders (inc gully). When there are players left they go to slips or gully (why bowlers often ended up there because they might have low infield ratings). To be more realistic I would try and have two bowlers set at Mid On/Mid Off which is fairly realistic, then another two as outfield. You want your slip fielders to be low rated for other positions - sucks for the likes of Ben Stokes and Steve Smith who can field anywhere - particularly if you go into a limited overs match.

Best way I find to do it is have a 1st choice and 2nd choice position and rate them highly and rate the others low.

I did have an order noted down in a spreadsheet but I've no idea where that is and I may well have deleted it. I'll see if I can find it.

Thanks for the quick response to my ticket..

So the "fielding positions" matter more than the "fielding skills" right? I mean I don't want to have to make a good fielder useless, just to get him not to field in the slips.

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
Thanks for the quick response to my ticket..

So the "fielding positions" matter more than the "fielding skills" right? I mean I don't want to have to make a good fielder useless, just to get him not to field in the slips.
The fielding position will assign the position, the skills will determine how effective a player is in that position.

Found this on a backup: rough order of allocation and the 'template' for skills (I think that's for the position not the skill, but I honestly can't remember) I used. It doesn't matter the numbers, it's making sure some are better than others, so you replace the 6 with a 7 or an 8). It'll probably make more sense to you with the game open than it does to me having not played it for 12 months.

Mid Off - best infield rating
Mid On - 2nd best infield
First Slip (only) - best slip
Cover - 3rd best infield
Mid Wicket/Outfield - best outfield
Cover Point - 4th best infield
Point - 5th best infield
Square Leg - 6th best infield
Fine Leg
Third Man
Other Slips
Close
Worst Infield

Mid off 60-60-62-64
Mid On 60-60-62-60
Cover 60-60-61-60
Slip 61-60-60-60
Outfield 60-60-61-65
Close 60-61-60-60
Other slips 60-60-60-59
Point 60-60-61-64

Langeveldt

Panel of Selectors
The fielding position will assign the position, the skills will determine how effective a player is in that position.

Found this on a backup: rough order of allocation and the 'template' for skills (I think that's for the position not the skill, but I honestly can't remember) I used. It doesn't matter the numbers, it's making sure some are better than others, so you replace the 6 with a 7 or an 8). It'll probably make more sense to you with the game open than it does to me having not played it for 12 months.

Mid Off - best infield rating
Mid On - 2nd best infield
First Slip (only) - best slip
Cover - 3rd best infield
Mid Wicket/Outfield - best outfield
Cover Point - 4th best infield
Point - 5th best infield
Square Leg - 6th best infield
Fine Leg
Third Man
Other Slips
Close