Demo impressions thread (archived non-impressions)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ballers101

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Has anyone even played the demo yet? I'm hoping that it works on Xbox Live Marketplace for North American users it should right?

D

Deleted member 11215

Quick post on topic guys the demo still isnt up!!

Sheheryar

School Cricketer
nothing so far...... very sleepy.... are u ppl sure their will be a demo soon....

Punk_Sk8r

National Board President
Ah ha. I got Gold membership off my friend, said I'd give him ?15 for it but havn't used or paid him yet. Knew something dodge would happen. Bloody liars.

rlfan82

Club Cricketer
The codies fanboys can defend them all they want but this is an absolute disgrace.

Did they not think to CHECK it WAS online before announcing it?

nz0003

International Cricketer
I've got a gold membership, but I really can't be bothered checking.

P

pcfan123

The codies fanboys can defend them all they want but this is an absolute disgrace.

Did they not think to CHECK it WAS online before announcing it?

There is no shortage of them on here. No excuse for this at all. If you do not know for sure whether MS will put your demo online then dont issue a bloody press release.

Couple that with the lack of advertising, ridiculously generic interviews and wishy washy answers to queries about region/compatibility and this has to go down as one of the worst marketing/release strategies for any game.

rlfan82

Club Cricketer
There is no shortage of them on here. No excuse for this at all. If you do not know for sure whether MS will put your demo online then dont issue a bloody press release.

Couple that with the lack of advertising, ridiculously generic interviews and wishy washy answers to queries about region/compatibility and this has to go down as one of the worst marketing/release strategies for any game.

2 points to make...

1) I expect people to come back after the demo, say it has a certain bad point and codies to reply by saying 'its not like that in the final version'

2) It would be nicer if codies admitted that they dont really give a to$$ about this title, and so have very little marketing budget allocated

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
This is a thread for people who have played the demo to give their feedback, so until it does come out and you've played it, or you have a question to ask someone who has, there is this thread for you to use.

Yes, this thread was probably posted early, but like others we made the assumption the announcement meant it would be out, I don't think Colin had the time to actually check.

So until it is out, this should be the last post in here.

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
I'm pretty astounded to be honest that Codemasters would want the lousy publicity that comes from announcing something and then it not being there. I totally agree with the sentiments of PS3 and PC users for starters - why should MS get a week early? - and it passes my comprehension that the demo could not actually be available yet on the marketplace. Maybe it is Microsofts fault but in my opinion it makes Codies look very silly.

FaWaD

Club Cricketer
It's still not out in Australian Xbox Live Marketplace..
Just checked first thing in the morning..

I'll post a brief review of whatever I can from the demo..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread