Review Demo impressions thread

Sureshot

Executive member
Online Cricket Games Owned
Okay; a question here about fielding tactics. After playing the demo for a while on hard now I came across the following. The AI fielding tactics seem odd to me. Kevin Pietersen comes in. His attitude, according to the meter is bold. Now the AI set a very one-side field. Hardly anyone on the legside. Now I can understand that but then they start bowling very close to the legs making it very easy for Pieterson to start off fluently and increasing in confidence quickly to fearless and scoring at a very fast rate. OK me thinks they will start to see its not working and change things. No they just keep at it supposedly waiting for a mistake, which doesn't come although he was out after a while runnning a risky two. Now I have to admit that I am not a proficient cricketer and my tactical awareness is on a par with George Bushes tactical awarenes on how to win over the hearts and minds of the locals. Could someone enlighten me as to whether this is sound tactics or not from AI or just another little hole that needs fixing. Sorry for the long post but any wisdom shared would be welcomed.

Cheers,

Dutchad

Bit more than a little hole.

IndiaFan

School Cricketer
My Game :)

mygame.jpg

iridescentt

Panel of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Haha. I was playing with Australia on Hard. Had Siddle and Watson at the crease after playing BLIC 07 style. I decided to play it slowly and hit the gaps when the score was at 9/31. I was chasing the score of 91.

It was tense I tell you. TENSE! I tried to play an attacking drive with Watson through the on side with the scoreboard at 9/88. I ended up playing the shot a tad bit too late and I edged it to Strauss in the slips. I was devastated, but devastated in an essentially good way since I reckon' this game will set the benchmark for modern cricket games; pretty easy statement since they're aren't any good cricket games out their past the year 2000.

hedger_14

ICC Chairman
i dont know if this is what i should be posting but would mine work on this. I'm just copying from my system information not including language and other info that i think is useless.

Operating System: Windows Vista Home Basic (6.0, Build 6001)
System Manufacturer: Dell Inc.
System Model: Inspiron 530
BIOS: Phoenis - AwardBIOS v6.00PG
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 DUO CPU ----- E7400 @ 2.80GHz (2CPUs). ~2.8GHz
Memory: 2036 MB RAM
DirectX 10.

hedger_14

ICC Chairman
ok my graphics card. i think this is the info on it

Name: Intel(R) G33/G31 Express Chipset Family
Manufacturer: Intel Corporation
Chip Type: Intel(R) GMA 3100
DAC Type: Internal
Approx. Total Memory: 286 MB
Current Display Mode: 1600 x 900 (32 bit) (60Hz)

Is that all the information i need.

Sureshot

Executive member
I'd check the demo. That's the integrated card, isn't it? I'd say, the only thing stopping it from working would be the graphics card.

adthomp

International Cricketer
I really dont feel like reading 102 pages if there is a answer but my card is ATI Radeon HD 4800 Series which is a $350 not long ago and accruing to the system requirements check I got its the only thing thats not comparable

anyone know any tips to actually make it playable? so its not super slo mo unplayable?

has to be a way

OffCutters

International Coach
Its not meant to work on that graphics card. i`ve got the same one, but i cant change it cuz i`ve got a laptop. If you`re using a desktop, i suggest you go get a new one that suits the requirements.

Sureshot

Executive member
Inspiron 530 is a desktop, according to my google search. In which case, it would be easy enough to grab a ?50 PCI/PCI-E card.

Hedger, how does the demo not work? Depending on why it's not working, i could probably tell you why.

Gurjot95

National Board President
Inspiron 530 is a desktop, according to my google search. In which case, it would be easy enough to grab a ?50 PCI/PCI-E card.

Hedger, how does the demo not work? Depending on why it's not working, i could probably tell you why.
I have the same card so I think I can answer. When I click on game nothing happens. Even 3d analyzer also can't run this.

Users who are viewing this thread