Status
Not open for further replies.

FiSh250505

Club Cricketer
Profile Flag
England
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
What version are people getting crashes on?

I'm on PS4 (launch day model) and not had one crash yet, I've got the day one patch but did play for a couple of hours before installing it, overall I've played 3 or 4 games, used the academy quite a lot and watched a few AI v AI games, I'd guess I've probably spent 10-12 hours on it so far with no problems.

passwordistaco

Panel of Selectors
What version are people getting crashes on?

I'm on PS4 (launch day model) and not had one crash yet, I've got the day one patch but did play for a couple of hours before installing it, overall I've played 3 or 4 games, used the academy quite a lot and watched a few AI v AI games, I'd guess I've probably spent 10-12 hours on it so far with no problems.
Yeah same, I've no issues with it whatsoever and I've downloaded all of the teams that Snowy/Fission/Karolkarol/Llewelyn have put up

R

Royce

Did you download the 1.2 gig patch?[DOUBLEPOST=1481888197][/DOUBLEPOST]

Yep, just checked to make sure there were no others, and there was not... really hope theres something I can do to fix this, been keen for this game since I heard about it...

BigAntStudios

@Ross
Big Ant
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Very hard to understand as even prior to patch it didn't play as is being described. I'll have QA get in contact with you via PM to try and work through it.

We wouldn't have passed approvals of MS or Sony if it behaved as described.

MuchMore

International Coach
Profile Flag
Fiji
I really had high hopes for this game, i really did... however, as it currently stands, im taking it back tomorrow and getting my money back - it is an absolute trainwreck... I'm sorry, but I paid $100 for this game, I expect a finished product, not a buggy early access game...

Heres a few problems that I've noticed with the game:

- During my first 3 hours of play, it crashed 6 times

- When I downloaded new teams from the academy, most of the names for both the teams and their players showed up as "censored", rendering them unusable, this also caused umpires to become censored, although I didnt download any

- Unless theres some weird setting im missing, the ball can only be hit in 5 specific directions, with about a 10 degree tolerance either side... Every ball i hit goes exactly in one of these 5 directions, no matter where I push the sticks, and refuses to go anywhere else... There are literally 45 degree gaps in the field in which it is impossible to hit the ball, cover drive anyone?

- The game lags horribly during the bowlers runup, on all cameras, 2 players or 1... this is ridiculous!!!

- Diving, everyone dives, ball coming at your chest, DIVE! Ball flying back to the wicket keeper, dont sidestep and catch the ball like a normal person... DIVE DIVE DIVE!!! This also renders runouts completely impossible 90% of the time, and can be taken advantage of when batting by running for 1 extra run every single time the ball goes into the outfield...

- Cricket shots!! What on gods green earth is with the weird cut shot out to deep point??? Never ever ever has any cricketer ever performed this monstrosity out here in reality...

- It is possible to score a single off pace bowling every time the ball is hit, hit it straight to mid on - single, block - single... it is far too easy to score a run a ball or more without even trying!!

- Lots of problems with batting cameras, I played for about an hour pissed off at how far away the batting close camera was, only to realise it was batting far, but bugged and displaying the wrong option in the menu...

- Also, the batting far camera is completely unusable, as the ball is often bowled well below the sight screen and is extremely difficult to see!!

- On same batting far camera angle, playing in career mode, a red ball was used while the umpire sported a happy red shirt - derrrrrr, also the ball is extremely difficult to see in all circumstances, and I want to go on record saying this, silly green rings around the ball telling us exactly where its going is not a fix for this!!!

- The button for sprinting while running between wickets doesnt seem to have any effect...

- All cameras are absolutely god-awful and spaz out all over the place when running between wickets...

- The new field setting system is an absolute joke, why on gods green earth would I want to select a field without actually seeing what it is before choosing it???

- Similarly, why cant I change the preset fields that come with the game, or the preset field tactics??? You have made it very easy to select a bunch of useless fields that I will never use, and in doing so made it take longer for me to select a field that I actually want.... and as I cant remove field tactics from the preset field, I cant use this system to pick my own fields quickly...

- I had a catch dropped at mid-on while I was batting, it bounced about 15 meters out of the fielders hands toward another fielder at mid-off, I ran 4 runs, both fielders commiserated a dropped catch...

- It is entirely likely that every reverse sweep you miss will result in a stumping, with your back foot behind the line...

- The inverted control option for the bowling doesnt work correctly...

- When attempting to throw a ball in from the outfield, the throwing meter is most often interrupted by the game skipping to the next ball to be bowled...

- The crowd and stadiums look awful!!! Probably on the same level as DBC 14, except that was several years ago...

- Why do club tournaments only consist of 8 teams???? Similarly, why is it up to me to pick them?

- Cant properly turn the red circle surrounding the ball when its in the field

- Club bowlers will bowl 2 feet down the leg side, often!!

- You also cant queue more than 1 run at a time it seems, occasionally it works for 2, but never 3..

- Running between the wickets - where on earth did these animations come from, this is SERIOUSLY sub par!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

- Running between wickets is also buggy as hell, and often 1 runner is left 3/4 of a pitch behind the other as they overran...

- Also, while all the modification sliders are great, why not just make the game as realistic as possible in the first place? Why must I trial and error for hours on end to get the ball to react as it would IRL, when thats what im paying you people to do for me?

- Also, when turning the pace of the ball up on the modifiers, it causes the close batting camera to change to the far batting camera about .2 of a second before hitting the ball... faaaaaaaail...

Seriously, this is unacceptable for a $30 game, let alone $100!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Shame on you people for releasing such an expensive pile of refuse!!

To sum up this happy review, I leave you with the parting words of my wife, who now refuses to play this game with me, because its crap...

"Its like they fixed everything from DBC 14 but broke everything else"

Wow, is that the definition of being brutally honest - as much brutal as being honest. Ha!

I've played this game for only a day but can relate to some of the things you've mentioned - not all probably because you're missing the day 1 patch?

Things like wrong stumping decisions, unnecessary dives and in general reduced ease of use of in-game options is something I can relate to. Kinda summary of my initial impressions to be honest. I've been lucky to not have faced any crashes so far.

I'm die hard cricket fan and DBC is the 'only' game I've played since it's released - so it might be that I've rather high expectations but this current build has a bit of a unfinished/unpolished initial feel to it. But, going by the history of BA, I've no doubt they'll come around to fixing everything that needs to be fixed.

Really looking forward to the next patch that will hopefully bring about the high finish/polish standard that BA has set for themselves.

R

Royce

Very hard to understand as even prior to patch it didn't play as is being described. I'll have QA get in contact with you via PM to try and work through it.

Many thanks!! :)

FiSh250505

Club Cricketer
Profile Flag
England
I've had one wrong stumping decision so far, or at least it was in my biased opinion :lol it was marginal and the replay controls could do with being a bit more sensitive, would like a frame by frame skip if possible?

The vast majority of catches I've seen have looked natural with only the wicket keeper diving in most cases, the unnecessary dives I've seen have mainly been when the ball is thrown back to either end, not really got a problem with it apart from the animation doesn't look natural but it's no biggy for me.

The one thing I'd agree with Royce on is the reflex catch system, it is way too easy at the moment, just needs the window shortening (is there an option in the settings? not checked so could already be there) which shouldn't be difficult to fix.

DAP

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
I've had one wrong stumping decision so far, or at least it was in my biased opinion :lol it was marginal and the replay controls could do with being a bit more sensitive, would like a frame by frame skip if possible?

The vast majority of catches I've seen have looked natural with only the wicket keeper diving in most cases, the unnecessary dives I've seen have mainly been when the ball is thrown back to either end, not really got a problem with it apart from the animation doesn't look natural but it's no biggy for me.

The one thing I'd agree with Royce on is the reflex catch system, it is way too easy at the moment, just needs the window shortening (is there an option in the settings? not checked so could already be there) which shouldn't be difficult to fix.
What was the difficulty of the match?

LittleBigPlanet

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Australia
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4

Yeah I've been a bit baffled as to why so many people are experiencing game crashes, while I've had none. Please check if you have version 1.01! ....

But to be fair, people who dont have an internet connection are propably pretty peeved about now... seing as they dont have any other choice in some circumstances but to put up with "a buggy launch".... which propably isn't fair or reasonable.

DAP

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
Yeah I've been a bit baffled as to why so many people are experiencing game crashes, while I've had none. Please check if you have version 1.01! ....

But to be fair, people who dont have an internet connection are propably pretty peeved about now... seing as they dont have any other choice in some circumstances but to put up with "a buggy launch".... which propably isn't fair or reasonable.
Most people, includimg Twistie, had it due to Academy teams downloading!

Jerm

International Coach
SA.....
Profile Flag
South Africa

Just had my first crash, first match in Career Mode as I was walking in to bat, froze :(

PS4, patched 1.01

LittleBigPlanet

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Australia
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Just had my first crash, first match in Career Mode as I was walking in to bat, froze :(

PS4, patched 1.01

Ewww.... to be fair though, could be something else not associated with the game but hardware issue?!

Langeveldt

Panel of Selectors
  4. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Ive never had a crash. Only thing I have is a headache from the camera change and loving the game so much I havent slept or eaten properly. Ill end up like one of those Taiwanese kids passing out in the internet cafe.

Langeveldt

Panel of Selectors
  4. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Ive never had a crash. Only thing I have is a headache from the camera change and loving the game so much I havent slept or eaten properly. Ill end up like one of those Taiwanese kids passing out in the internet cafe.

Dutch your kiwis are going well. Southee has got five. England on 300 odd all out on a dry one. Im loathe to stream it because i have to quit everytime a catch gets lobbed in the air in the interests of having a good match, but otherwise this is the most real ive seen on ai v ai.

whiteninness

Panel of Selectors
I've had three crashes of the stadium editor (PS4 original) but only when editing other persons' stadia, not my own.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread