Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Issues and Anomalies after patch 2 [PS3/360]

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChinamanSpin

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
I am very sorry for the issue, I can assure you that we are working on it and just can't replicate the issue at our offices and homes, not one of us has the issue across all of our systems
If it helps, the issue only seems to happen after playing without exiting for a while. The times I've had it have only come after over an hour.

BigAntStudios

@Ross
Big Ant
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Wow! A photo shoot on Bourke street for the lucky candidate!,,,

All jesting aside Once again an unbelievable commitment to the end user....

Yeah, second prize is two photo shoots.

----------

If it helps, the issue only seems to happen after playing without exiting for a while. The times I've had it have only come after over an hour.

So it doesn't happen every time?

ChinamanSpin

International Coach
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
So it doesn't happen every time?
Not in the times I deliberately tried to get it (leaving after 10 mins or so). But every competition game that I've actually got into it's happened. It's happened at least 4 times on competition now. It didn't happen on my two careers games.

Last edited:

AAMIR SOHAIL

School Cricketer
** OFFER **

If anyone in Melbourne has the Xbox 360 issue as posted by China then I will make it worth your while to visit our studio with your Xbox so that we may get to the bottom of this ASAP.

I am very sorry for the issue, I can assure you that we are working on it and just can't replicate the issue at our offices and homes, not one of us has the issue across all of our systems :(

Happy to courier my system from Newcastle if you don't get anyone local.

YouBears

School Cricketer
** OFFER **

If anyone in Melbourne has the Xbox 360 issue as posted by China then I will make it worth your while to visit our studio with your Xbox so that we may get to the bottom of this ASAP.

I am very sorry for the issue, I can assure you that we are working on it and just can't replicate the issue at our offices and homes, not one of us has the issue across all of our systems :(

If I can make it happen on my xbox can you fly me out to Melbourne? Always wanted to visit Oz! :D

BigAntStudios

@Ross
Big Ant
If I can make it happen on my xbox can you fly me out to Melbourne? Always wanted to visit Oz! :D

If it isn't happening and then you can make it happen and can send us the steps that cause it then I'm more than happy to send you a gift :)

Hasan

School Cricketer
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Congrats @BigAntStudios. I finally installed patch 2 after lot of thinking.

Played for two hours. No problems at all. Resumed my career and played Aus Domestic shield match.

Very very improved experience apart from all graphical glitches.

Do we already have a thread for suggestions / wishlist for patch 3??

Alvi

School Cricketer
Mode: Career
Match Type: 4 Day
Over Count (Match Overs + When Occured):
Ground:
Teams: Gloucestershire
Get Best:
Description of Issue: I decided to start a new career on amateur just to see how it was and my career player was a batting all-rounder (fast bowler). Every time he bowled the pace was the exact same. It was 147.9 kph for all normal speed ball, 155.0 kph for a faster ball (using R1) and 126.7 kph for a slower one (using L1). This issue was not present however when I played my existing career mode.

ellgieff

Club Captain
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Match Type: 4 Day
Over Count (Match Overs + When Occured): 140.1 (47.4 overs of our innings)
Ground: Bradman Oval
Teams: Wellington vs Central Districts
Get Best: No
Description of Issue: Played a forward defensive shot to a ball on a good length, coming in towards middle and off. The ball raced off the bat down the pitch, about waist height, and was caught by the bowler on his follow-through.

Note that I had saved the game prior to starting my innings, and had scored 2 off the first ball. Note also that although I'd had a good spell bowling in the first innings (4 for 37 off 23 overs), my batsman's confidence was zero.

AAMIR SOHAIL

School Cricketer
@BigAntStudios

I have done some testing this afternoon and have had some success rectifying the Xbox freezing issue.

Firstly I tried several 'save and exits' and 'forfeit and exits' in casual mode and it froze every single time except for one instance.

I then deleted all of my saved games, careers, tours and competitions; which left the only DBC items on my harddrive as my profile, the game install and patch 2

I then repeated the save and exit/forfeit and exit tests several times each with new casual mode games, continuing saved casual mode game, a new career and continuing a saved career, with the result being I could no longer replicate the freeze issue.

Can anybody that has had the freeze bug try this out and confirm my findings? I'll do some more testing of my own in a few hours.

karolkarol

International Cricketer
Profile Flag
Ireland (Cricket)

Both times it happened to me I had played an entire first class match so yeah that would stack up.

As a side note - kids do not mess with your DBC files whilst under the influence of alcohol. I somehow managed to delete my profile entirely last night.

----------

@aamir sohail if you have time start a new 'dummy' career in England and play the entire first FC match in one go. Saving after that has been my constant sticking point.

sanjivcena1

School Cricketer
I dnt knw how many ppl noticed this. Earlier when a batsman plays a shot it appears that the shot came out quickly..as if it skippd a frame. Now after patch 2 shots are played very smoothly. Replay gives a better indication.

Langeveldt

Panel of Selectors
  4. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Another xbox freezer, not cool to lose an hour of play

Seemed to crash after 20 overs and saving but have just saved after 5 overs and no problem

Last edited:

warpfactor

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Match Type: Nets Practice
Over Count (Match Overs + When Occured): End of practice
Ground: NA
Teams: Hants
Get Best: Yes, but customised since
Description of Issue: Started new career on Amauter after installing patch 2. Entered Nets Practice before first match. Completed the 60 balls then xbox froze on Career - Loading screen.

Unlike when it used to cut out occasionally at the fall of a wicket pre-patch 2 this completely locked up my xbox. I wasn't able to bring up the xbox home menu or turn the xbox off from the controller. Had to reboot it manually.

I'm on a 2007 Xbox 360 Arcade with 120GB internal hard drive installed. It's not an official MS hard drive but I've not had a single issue with it in the 5 years I've had it. The game is installed to the hard drive in addition to profile and save game data being held there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread