Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Issues and Anomalies

Status
Not open for further replies.

divinesigil

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Keeper doesn't try to take catches*, the opponents batsman scooped it right behind my keeper(like literally) and all he did was run forward towards the stumps. He could've easily caught it and maybe I would've won the game instead of losing it by an innings and 265 runs.

Game doesn't allow me to change the field when the opponent gets a free hit.

Last edited:

divinesigil

School Cricketer

lokebabu

Club Captain
Despite of the above mentioned bugs. The game is looking truly awesome. Here are the few things that I have noticed that big ant can fix.

Stop AI fielders as well as keeper hitting the stumps frequently.

Stop AI fielders hitting stumps directly more often. This needs to be based on his fielding skills.

Weird collisions and animations when close fielders and keeper trying to gather towards the ball.

Fielder not looking at the ball and turning back and collecting the ball.

Wicket keeper unbelievable catching skills. Some edges can't be taken by keeper but still he is able to catch it.

Whenever wicket keeper catches the ball of spin bowling. The first slip fielder is coming toward keeper and pushing him and rotates around the keeper.

These are little bugs in my opinion.

Improvements:

One more bowling animation for special bowlers like malinga etc.

One more spin bowling animation like shane warne etc.

Brian lara cricket 2007 has got these animations. In my opinion these special animations makes the user feel that they are up against quality bowler mentally.

Last edited:

BoomBoomBoom

School Cricketer
Guys can anyone playing the game guide me as to whats the best way to view AI field placements while batting. I know you can look around using L2 before a bowler is about to bowl but the fielders aren't that prominent.
This is while you are batting in broadcast mode.
thnkx

xvalerianx

Club Captain
Guys can anyone playing the game guide me as to whats the best way to view AI field placements while batting. I know you can look around using L2 before a bowler is about to bowl but the fielders aren't that prominent.
This is while you are batting in broadcast mode.
thnkx

I wish there was a little small window somewhere at the bottom of the screen which showed you the field placements. That would make shot making and single taking a lot more easier. I agree it is quite tough to detect the exact locations of the fielders with the L2 look around option. If there is any other way I have not discovered which any one else has found out please tell me.

Biggs

This guy gets it
BGZ..
Profile Flag
New Zealand (Silver Fern)
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Did you guys implement something to make it "79cricket proof" also? He Seems to be having lots of issues

the issue is fixed, i just forgot to use my PSN ID

User Input Error ...should be his user-title ;)

----------

Game doesn't allow me to change the field when the opponent gets a free hit.

You're only allowed to change the field on a free-hit if the batsman have changed ends, to my understanding. If it's the same batsman on strike as the no-ball you can't alter the field, laws of cricket etc.

----------

One more bowling animation for special bowlers like malinga etc.

Just a reminder, this isn't a bug. It's a request and to be honest, having an animation just for one player on the game (nobody else in cricket bowls like Malinga) just isn't going to happen. Keep any posts to simple bug or error/anomalies and where possible, use the format HBK posted earlier.

Last edited:

TheW

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Just a reminder, this isn't a bug. It's a request and to be honest, having an animation just for one player on the game (nobody else in cricket bowls like Malinga) just isn't going to happen. Keep any posts to simple bug or error/anomalies and where possible, use the format HBK posted earlier.
In BLIC2007 for PSP Malinga has his bowling action.

Chief

Panel of Selectors
In BLIC2007 for PSP Malinga has his bowling action.

There were a couple (and ONLY a couple) of bowler-specific actions in BLIC 2005 (which were indeed re-used in the PSP version).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread