• Test Series Drawn, England wins ODIs

Votes: 5 3.5%
  • England win both tests and ODIs

Votes: 14 9.9%

• Total voters
Kratz said:
India 153/5 (61.0 ov)
India trail by 247 runs with 5 wickets remaining in the 1st innings

India is playing this match to lose! First playing with 5 batsmen knowing that they only need to draw the match to win the series. Then won the toss and sent the opposition in to bat on a batting pitch. Too many drop catches in the field. And poor batting! They threw away their wickets especially, Sachin, Sehwag and Yuvi. By looking at the last few deliveries Dravid played before getting out that he wanted to get out. He was dropped on a terrible shot. The match is over for India! I doing see Dhoni or Pathan don't anything. England will get lead of 150+ for sure. Great victory for England is coming up.

this is cricket man anything can happen like england could have a second innings collapse. if it were the second innings for india it would be over

This is almost a hopeless situation for India!

According to the law, Mahendra Singh Dhoni was NOT OUT! Before both the bails completely came off the groove, he was IN! And I was hoping that the benefit of doubt would be given to the batsman (in case of a doubt) but shockingly it was the fielding side that got the benefit of the doubt!

Dont know how much a difference that would make but its almost like a nail in the coffin for India! A draw would be a sensational effort for them from here! I dont rule out anything but a draw for India is going to be sensational!

Pathan looked poor today! Didnt look good. Dravid, well he got out to a great catch. Geriant Jones flinging himself everywhere. England dont need slip catchers here. Jones will get'em all. He is superb. He has made the difference here!

Nothing else to say! I am not gonna watch the rest of the day here. Quite disappointing as an Indian fan to see the team perform this way. One of the most horrible decisions by Dravid to field first! What a blow that was!

ronny_kingsley said:
Well what you say should be the benchmark for the subcontinental teams.

But for England they should win in subcontinent cos these are the alien conditons for them not WI,SA,NZ .

England for no.2 well they should build a bench first and then dream of it.

The benchmark for particularly India is to win a notable away tour something they haven't done since 86 according to TWC.

saisrini80 said:
This is almost a hopeless situation for India!

According to the law, Mahendra Singh Dhoni was NOT OUT! Before both the bails completely came off the groove, he was IN! And I was hoping that the benefit of doubt would be given to the batsman (in case of a doubt) but shockingly it was the fielding side that got the benefit of the doubt!

Dont know how much a difference that would make but its almost like a nail in the coffin for India! A draw would be a sensational effort for them from here! I dont rule out anything but a draw for India is going to be sensational!

Pathan looked poor today! Didnt look good. Dravid, well he got out to a great catch. Geriant Jones flinging himself everywhere. England dont need slip catchers here. Jones will get'em all. He is superb. He has made the difference here!

Nothing else to say! I am not gonna watch the rest of the day here. Quite disappointing as an Indian fan to see the team perform this way. One of the most horrible decisions by Dravid to field first! What a blow that was!

I agree Sais, should've given not out according to the laws of the game.
Points on Dhoni dismissal:

1) Should've not out as It's impossible to say that the bail has been dislodged on both grooves.
2) That technology is useful but doesn't always work and thus probably shouldn't be introduced just yet.

-----
Jones has made up for recent poor batting with some keeping that Russel would've been proud of. Udal picks up a wicket, spinners did alright, no wickets but didn't let them get away from us. Anderson now has 3-18 on comeback which is brilliant as it's his first game of the tour.

If England win this test than they deserve the second spot. They performed very well so far in this series considering all the injuries. Wonderful bowling by Anderson so far. Should of been selected ahead of Plunkett the previous test and in Pakistan as well.

Great depth that England have in all departments. Cook, Shah and Joyce as backup batsmans, Anderson and Plunkett as backup bowlers and Pratt in the fielding department :D

It's amazing how easy england can make it look when they have a good total on the board.

Indian cricket has been based on their extensive batting lineup for so long - it doesn't make any sense to me as to why they are persisting with only 5 batsmen considering englands major strength is bowling. They are either giving the english batsmen way too much credit or are giving their bowlers too little. Chappely has got this one wrong i'm afriad. And if you play 5 bowlers don't you want to give them the best of the conditions..which invariably in india is bowling in the 4th innings?

England should do things easy here unless the weather gets in the way. Will be a good achievement to come away with a drawn series....still can't tick the subcontinent box, but given injuries still a pretty good performance. Still, you can't help but think that some poor decision making on the indian's behalf didn't play some part in the result so far.

kodos said:
Wonderful bowling by Anderson so far. Should of been selected ahead of Plunkett the previous test and in Pakistan as well.

I trust this isn't the wonderful commodity called hindsight being used here ;)

saisrini80 said:
Geriant Jones flinging himself everywhere. England dont need slip catchers here. Jones will get'em all. He is superb.

You obviously haven't been watching his fielding performances over the last 12 months then :eek:

England have dominated this test this far and I do agree that if England go on to win this test they deserve the 2nd spot, since it was'nt a full strength English side.

Sreesanth is batting like a middle-order batsmen with the shots I just seen, we need this two to hang in thier as long as possible.

The game is not over yet, thiers still 2 and a bit full days to go, anything can happen.

2 lucky 4's for Kumble, India needs to get near the English score.

What a shot by Sreesnath!, useful runs for India, which was badly needed, its a good sign for India that the tail in hanging in thier, just need to continue.

haha let's go future of indian batting sreesanth and kumble lol

Good shot by Patel for 4!, India trail by 121 runs now, come out Sreesanth and Munaf do the job for India.

Users who are viewing this thread