Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Schedule

1st October: 1st ODI at Dambulla
4th October: 2nd ODI at Dambulla
7th October: 3rd ODI at Dambulla
10th October: 4th ODI at Colombo (R.Premadasa)
13th October: 5th ODI at Colombo (R.Premadasa)
1st December: 1st test at Kandy
9th December: 2nd test at Colombo (SSC)
18th December: 3rd test at Galle

RoboRocks

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
England do struggle in subcontinental conditions and I'll be interseted to what squad the selectors chose and whether or not 2 spinners will be taken.

ZexyZahid

Chairman of Selectors
I'll predict a Test and ODI series win for Sri Lanka. They're really good at home.

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
I predict:

ODIs: Sri Lanka 4-1 England
Tests: Sri Lanka 1-1 England

Sureshot

Executive member
I can't remember why the long break? Are we actually getting a rest or is there another tournament on?

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
I can't remember why the long break? Are we actually getting a rest or is there another tournament on?

From what I've read, England have a break between the ODI series and Test series because Sri Lanka go to tour in Australia during November. I don't know what to make of it, we will be refreshed but Sri Lanka will be better prepared after playing Tests against Australia!

Leggie

Chairman of Selectors
England do struggle in subcontinental conditions and I'll be interseted to what squad the selectors chose and whether or not 2 spinners will be taken.

on sky sports i heard nasser hussain say that sidebottom would create a lot of rough for muralitharan outside the righthanders off stump, so that might encourage england to play two spinners, but i cant see sidebottom being dropped...:)

Hooper

ICC Board Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
on sky sports i heard nasser hussain say that sidebottom would create a lot of rough for muralitharan outside the righthanders off stump, so that might encourage england to play two spinners, but i cant see sidebottom being dropped...:)

Do England even have 2 decent spinners? And don't count Darlymple or Udal.

legspinner@fred

Club Cricketer
We have some legendary spinners around, to name a few who haven't been named already in this thread.

We have some house hold names such was....Gareth Batty, Jason Brown and Garry Keedy alongside former England A captain James Tredwell..nor an incredible line up of spinners but all useful, just useful.

To be honest i'd throw Swann or Rashid in, and have Vaughan and Pietersen bowl now and again.

Vcassano

Club Cricketer
Do England even have 2 decent spinners? And don't count Darlymple or Udal.

Do Australia? And don't include MacGill or Cullen.

We have some legendary spinners around, to name a few who haven't been named already in this thread.

We have some house hold names such was....Gareth Batty, Jason Brown and Garry Keedy alongside former England A captain James Tredwell..nor an incredible line up of spinners but all useful, just useful.

To be honest i'd throw Swann or Rashid in, and have Vaughan and Pietersen bowl now and again.

Tredwell would be a big no-no for the Tests, averages 40 in First Class, if memory serves. It would be between Keedy, Rashid and Swann, probably in that order.

Users who are viewing this thread