Australia in Sri Lanka

pulin26

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
what about haydo... 18 centuries in 51 tests.. best after bradman...i think this test match is well poised now.. 250 more runs from aus and then they have match in hand

squiz

International Coach
i think they should bat out 2 and 3 quarter sessions trying to hit about 4-5 an over, which would give them a lead of 350, then try get sum wickets late in the day, and strike early in the morning on day 5. It's the only way they can win i reckon

Iron-Haggis

Club Cricketer
What about the fact Katich has become the 2nd Australian batsmen in a row to be dropped for making a century in his previous test. Picking Symonds ahead of Katich is an appalling decision.

Rangeela

International Coach
1st Test Stumps Day 3

Toss: Australia

Australia 1st Inning 220 (Lehmann 63) (Muralitharan 6/59)
Sri Lanka 1st Inning 381 (Dilshan 104) (Warne 5/116)
Australia 2nd Inning 193/2 (Hayden 106*)

Australia lead by 32 runs with 8 wickets remaining

sachin

International Coach
Originally posted by pulin26
what about haydo... 18 centuries in 51 tests.. best after bradman...i think this test match is well poised now.. 250 more runs from aus and then they have match in hand
you must be kidding.i don't really want to get into a fight but sachin is the best after bradman.

Rangeela

International Coach
1st Test

Australia 1st Inning 220 (Lehmann 63) (Muralitharan 6/59)
Sri Lanka 1st Inning 381 (Dilshan 104) (Warne 5/116)
Australia 2nd Inning 512/8 dec (Hayden 130, Martyn 110, Lehmann 129) (Muralitharan 5/153)
Sri Lanka 2nd Inning 154 (Warne 5/43)

Result: Australia won by 197 runs

Man of the Match: ML Hayden

Series: Australia leads the 3-Test series 1-0

Shane Warne celebrates his 500th Test wicket

sachin

International Coach
squiz it doesn't bother me if warne got 500 before murali because i know murali is better.just like sachin is ALOT better than hayden.anyway 108 tests to warne and 86 to murali.22 test difference and only five wickets between them.

Iron-Haggis

Club Cricketer
Comparing how many tests Warne and Murali has played to how many wickets they have taken does not give an accurate description of who is better. Warne takes a wicket every 60.3 balls, Murali takes a wicket every 59.3 balls. Warne has bowled about 130 more overs than Murali in 22 more tests. Murali bowls a lot more overs per test, therefore more chance of getting wickets. You also have to take into consideration how much Murali gets to bowl on more spin firendly wickets than Warne.

Now about Sachin being a lot better than Hayden. We can start with the fact that Hayden has an average of 1.72 more than Tendulkar a game, Dravid also has a better average than Tendulkar. Tendulkar gets a century 5.625 innings compared with Hayden who gets a century every 4.88 innings.

Thats my fun with using stats to try and argue a point, of course I used stats that would help argue against sachin, I'm sure he could use plenty that support he's opinions. Because really it all comes down to opinion to who people think is the best player.

brad352

Executive member
There's a comparison of Warne and Murali on baggygreen.com

"Murali has played 22 fewer Tests than Warne, but Sri Lanka's over-reliance on him means that he has bowled an average of 57 overs per match, 11 more than the corresponding figure for Warne. Not surprisingly, Murali has scalped almost 40% of the total wickets taken by Sri Lanka in those matches. Also, he has gone for more than 100 runs in an innings an incredible 39 times, while his tally of five-fors stands at 41 ? an indication that Sri Lanka have often had no back-up plan other than to bowl Murali ? and then to bowl him some more. By contrast, Warne has conceded more than 100 only on 22 occasions. "

Full article here

Rangeela

International Coach
2nd Test Stumps Day 1

Australia 1st Inning 120 (Hayden 54) (Zoysa 4/54, Muralitharan 4/48)
Sri Lanka 92/7 1st Inning (Kasprowicz 3/33, Warne 3/15)

Sri Lanka trail by 28 runs with 3 wickets remaining in the 1st

Muttiah Muralitharan: 500 and climbing

Rangeela

International Coach
2nd Test Stumps Day 2

Australia 1st Inning 120 (Hayden 54) (Zoysa 4/54, Muralitharan 4/48)
Sri Lanka 1st Inning 211 (Vaas 68*) (Kasprowicz 4/83, Warne 5/65)
Australia 2nd Inning 221/2 (Gilchrist 141*, Martyn 64*)

Australia lead by 130 runs with 8 wickets remaining

Users who are viewing this thread