England in Sri Lanka

Animator!

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Aye, Foster played when he was fresh out of uni and was picked a bit early. He hadn't had time to know his game. Since then he's gone back to County Cricket and been a consistent performer, didn't have a great year with the bat just gone but in the previous two years, in one dayers especially he played very well.

Prior will get an extended run and its right, we need to give players more time and faith without being silly about it. We can't keep chopping and changing, but they are going to have to think long and hard about the next selection.

Sureshot

Executive member
Our biggest problem in test cricket I think can be placed on how often our team is changed. I hate players having one match, performing badly and then being dropped. You need consistency, particularly in the bowling ranks.

With Prior, anything down the legside he seems to be completely comfortable with, I remember he took the catch when Dilshan gloved it but wasn't given out, was a good catch. His legside work was poor, I now think it's good. Needs to work on his offside game though.

Ollie_H

Chairman of Selectors
Because his keeping is terrible and he's dropping chances.

Especially off side-bum, Hes droped 6 catches off him this series, Prior will alwyas be under the spotlight because we have had such bad keepers in years gone by, The last good keeper was probably Stewrt unless somebody can name someone different?

Sureshot

Executive member
Stewart was world class, that's our problem, we compare our current keepers to him. We need to rid of that.

I object to Prior being called a terrible keeper, average maybe, but he's not terrible.

Ben, I wouldn't. But some people do.

Animator!

School Cricketer
He did drop at least one that would have been a hell of a catch. But I took issue with one that came to him at about shin high that he put down, it was pure laziness and not getting down to the ball quick enough. As much promise as he has shown with the bat and improvement with the gloves he's still got a long way to go.

Sureshot

Executive member
I agree, I wouldn't say he's terrible though.

Is he any worse than Jones was? I'd say Jones dropped more in his early international career tbh.

Animator!

School Cricketer
Jones caught some of the more simpler. Prior seems to be pretty good at the outstanding stuff sometimes, but needs to work on the simpler stuff for his consistancy.

dikon

Club Cricketer
We need to give players more time especially Prior.If he improves with the gloves and takes most if not all of his catches we have a quality keeper batsman on our hands.

Sureshot

Executive member
Jones caught some of the more simpler. Prior seems to be pretty good at the outstanding stuff sometimes, but needs to work on the simpler stuff for his consistancy.

I'd say the simple ones he takes, the ones he struggles with are the ones a couple of feet to his right.

usy

Chairman of Selectors
I hope Sri Lanka win the test series and England the ODI, because I like watching English ODI side, and Sri Lanka are better test team IMO.

ANyways, Good luck to Murli, I heard he is about to break some records stuff.

WOHOO! Can I be ever wrong :p... damn!

Not forgeting most of the people disagreed with me..

dikon

Club Cricketer
I'd keep Sidebottom in the side. His attitude during a cricket game sort of reminds me of Andy Bichel.

Agreed, he gives his all every time he goes out and bowls and has been extremely unlucky with dropped catches.I expect him to do well in New Zealand if he has some luck, the conditions should suit him down to the ground.

Users who are viewing this thread