England in the 90s

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
TBQH I have never seen edges not carrying or going into space as really being a "chance" that could have been a wicket if the field was up (or if it goes to space like you would have got a wicket if the fielder was there).

I might be wrong but I think there's quite an element of scripting where the game will have the ball go in the air or off an edge to space, almost as some encouragement, like "you're in the game here, might be a wicket soon". If the game wants you to get the wicket, the ball will carry. If it doesn't, it won't.

Aislabie

Test Cricket is Best Cricket
Ireland
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Graeme Hick, what a bowler

Seeing spin go this dominantly makes me want to get out BLIC 2005 again though

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Not to say this game is by any means unrealistic, but Richard Blakey’s performance against spin has just secured me a first inns lead.

(well I’m 144/9 at stumps in reply to 134, and as I slumped from 70-0 to 115/8 Blakey’s 15 was the only double digit score between 3-9, before Daffy has come in at 10 and blasted 23* to put Blakey’s flapping perspective.)

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Graeme Hick, what a bowler

Seeing spin go this dominantly makes me want to get out BLIC 2005 again though

It seems to be finger spin in particular. I merely struggle with leg spin, left arm and off spin I find nearly unplayable and the AI seems similar

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Bad news for Ian Salisbury, but profoundly promising for The Cat

He got a couple in the last match so he may have improved, but in a game where spinners average mid teens, Salisbury was nearer 30.[DOUBLEPOST=1610056874][/DOUBLEPOST]Have in this inns had 2 edges off the spinner to slip, which is a pretty rare dismissal as I usually get caught keeper or bat pad.

And Sidhu has 96* out of 125/6

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
I had 156 to chase and decided if I couldn’t slog it I didn’t want it. Out for 69 in 10 overs. 3-0.

Have the one off Sri Lanka test next, will try and it get it out the way ASAP.

After that, I might go on to Ashes 93 or might do something different.

Thankfully this is the only subcontinent tour of the decade but it’s ruined my appetite for the game to be honest. The stuff that was hidden in English conditions was just so glaring here.

Hopefully the chance to have a go at AB, Merv and the rest will rekindle my love affair.

Ed Smith

Gaffer
ENG....
Northern Superchargers
The Boys
Profile Flag
England
I had 156 to chase and decided if I couldn’t slog it I didn’t want it. Out for 69 in 10 overs. 3-0.

Have the one off Sri Lanka test next, will try and it get it out the way ASAP.

After that, I might go on to Ashes 93 or might do something different.

Thankfully this is the only subcontinent tour of the decade but it’s ruined my appetite for the game to be honest. The stuff that was hidden in English conditions was just so glaring here.

Hopefully the chance to have a go at AB, Merv and the rest will rekindle my love affair.

If you do get that far. I've just shared a 1993 Australia with the player for that tour (I needed a distraction from the hiding I'm getting in Aus)

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
If you do get that far. I've just shared a 1993 Australia with the player for that tour (I needed a distraction from the hiding I'm getting in Aus)
I’ve actually done every test player and uniform for Australia Ashes in the 90s a while back, but will check as you’ve probably got better likenesses to be fair

Ed Smith

Gaffer
ENG....
Northern Superchargers
The Boys
Profile Flag
England
I’ve actually done every test player and uniform for Australia Ashes in the 90s a while back, but will check as you’ve probably got better likenesses to be fair

Tbh most of them are probably just tweaks of yours, and I've added a couple in from myself @wasteyouryouth and @Spoobir and made them a knit jumper with your logos.

Users who are viewing this thread