England in West Indies

rocklara

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
Hopefully two wickets to the windies before the luncheon interval will certainly make things moreeeeeeeee interesting:rolleyes:

Duane21

School Cricketer
I think england will win 2-0, they are really good at saving games as they showed against sri lanka, so they won't lose.

jonah

International Coach
Eng 326/9 atm..15 runs ahead. With 2 days left it's still anyone's match, weather permitting.
Btw, does anyone else think that Best's celebration after his first wicket (Thorpe) was a bit OTT? I know it was his first wicket and all that, but...

Rangeela

International Coach
1st Test Stumps Day 3

West Indies 1st Inning 311 (Smith 108, Hinds 84) (Hoggard 3/68)
England 1st Inning 339 (Butcher 58, Hussain 58) (Edwards 3/72, Best 3/57)
West Indies 2nd Inning 8/0

West Indies trail by 20 runs with 10 wickets remaining

rocklara

International Coach
yea his celebration was crazy..........but face it gettin ur first test wicket.........will always result in such a behaviour. Even if it wasn't simon jones first test scalp, when dismissin the great man b.c.lara, he almost cried huggin freddie!

very interseting test though. a score of 285 to make on the last day will certainly prove handy weather permitting.:)

jonah

International Coach
Originally posted by rocklara
yea his celebration was crazy..........but face it gettin ur first test wicket.........will always result in such a behaviour. Even if it wasn't simon jones first test scalp, when dismissin the great man b.c.lara, he almost cried huggin freddie!

very interseting test though. a score of 285 to make on the last day will certainly prove handy weather permitting.:)

Yeah, fair point Rocklara...he certainly is an 'in your face' character. Good luck to him I s'pose.
I think Jones' reaction was sheer joy and relief, not only for getting a wicket (Lara's an' all) but for coming back into Test cricket after his career threatening injury.
You're right in that this game is set up for a cracking finish (weather permitting, as you say). England won't want to chase anything more than 230-250 on day 5. Still anyone's game, and it all points to being a close series.

Btw, you going to any games?

Rangeela

International Coach
what a day is turning out to be... West Indies 23-5 as I write and still trail by 7 runs
looks like we will have a result of this match today

Rangeela

International Coach
1st Test Result

West Indies 1st Inning 311 (Smith 108, Hinds 84) (Hoggard 3/68)
England 1st Inning 339 (Butcher 58, Hussain 58) (Edwards 3/72, Best 3/57)
West Indies 2nd Inning 47 (harmison 7/12)
England 2nd Inning 20/0

Result: England won by 10 wickets

Man of the Match: Steve Harmison

Series:England leads the 4-Test series 1-0

Steve Harmison: 7 for 12 as West Indies were skittled for an all-time low of 47 at Sabina Park

Rangeela

International Coach
The West Indies cricket team have taken the unprecedented step of issuing a public apology following their humiliating defeat in the first Test at Sabina Park. They were bowled out by England for 47 inside a session on the fourth morning, losing the match by ten wickets.

In an official release, the team said that they "sincerely apologised to the West Indies public for the shocking performance on the fourth day".

It was not only the defeat that caused uproar in the Caribbean. Immediately after the match, four of the West Indian squad were reportedly seen in one of the stands drinking and partying.

Ricky Skerritt, the West Indies manager, didn't mince his words. "I am disgusted at the thoughtlessness and shamelessness displayed by these players following such a horrific performance," he said, before insisting that the team would work tirelessly to fight back.

Gus Logie, the team's coach, was reported to be equally angry, but restrained himself in public, saying: "We will continue to ask the players for a higher level of discipline and a higher level of commitment to themselves and West Indies cricket."

jonah

International Coach
:D , those West Indies guys just couldn't resist the rum and music in the stands eh?;)
I've a feeling they're going to come back strong in the 2nd Test.

Rangeela

International Coach
A job well done: Steve Harmison relaxes by the pool

jonah

International Coach
Oh for the life of an international cricketer, eh?

Users who are viewing this thread