England tour to South Africa December 2015/February 2016

stefan

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
Easy win for the SA. Good to win both odi and t20 series even with the poor performance in the test series.

Ohm

User Title Purchaser
PlanetCricket Award Winner
When Amla plays with a strike rate over 180, you get no chance of defending 170. England's innings was totally miserable. I thought while both Eoin & Jos were on the pitch and hitting all over, it should have been full entertainment. But the way they stumbled in death overs, I think it was too pathetic. And exactly that performance could have disturbed their bowling. SA have won way too easily, I guess.

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Well we have no chance with decisions like that. Amla plumb, not given. Shocking Umpiring. Bring on the World T20 and neutral Umpires!
Neutral umpires can get it wrong too, as far as i know. Just because the umpires made a few shocking decisions doesn't mean they're biased. Maybe they're just bad.

Markkkkk

I have waited 10 years for this!
Profile Flag
South Africa
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
When Amla plays with a strike rate over 180, you get no chance of defending 170. England's innings was totally miserable. I thought while both Eoin & Jos were on the pitch and hitting all over, it should have been full entertainment. But the way they stumbled in death overs, I think it was too pathetic. And exactly that performance could have disturbed their bowling. SA have won way too easily, I guess.

Amla comment is harsh. Before the series his T20 strike rate was higher then ABs...

stefan

International Coach
Neutral umpires can get it wrong too, as far as i know. Just because the umpires made a few shocking decisions doesn't mean they're biased. Maybe they're just bad.

The were bad all through the odi and t20 series. Difference was in the odi series the shockers were corrected.

bigred

Club Captain
I think England will be competitive in the world t20. I reckon they'll probably get out of the group with SA. However, it's clear that our bowling is too weak to win.

I've been thinking all day about how we can improve in such little time. In the last year, I reckon our spinners have gone for far fewer runs than our seamers. So perhaps we play a team with 3 seamers and 3 spinners

1. Roy
2. Hales
3. Root
4. Morgan
5. Buttler
6. Stokes
7. Ali
8. Dawson
9. Rashid
10. Finn
11. Topley

The only issue with this team is that we don't have the power hitting at 7, 8 and 9. One way to rectify that might be to let Ali open (where he's a lot better) and bring in Billings at 7.

Many people don't want Finn and Topley in the same side as they're both bunnies, but I think it's a must now. Jordan and Willey aren't good enough to play as one of 3 seamers. Jordan is becoming an embarrassment in the same way that Dernbach was.

I wish the selectors had picked Broad. He's not the best t20 bowler in the world, but his experience and ability to take wickets, would've mad him far more valuable than Jordan. Jimmy Anderson may have been a better option also.

RUDI

Administrator
Admin
SRH...
Champions League Winner
:eng: a big thanks to our British users for sharing this thread. England has surprised all of us.. some of the outstanding players were Stokes & Bairstow in the test series, Stokes again ; Root and Butler in the ODI's and Rashid in the T20's.
England has a great squad and has come along way since there early exist in the world cup.
Best wishes to your team in the upcoming world cup!

stefan

International Coach
England were good in the tests and first 2 odi's but poor after that. Was a good tour and enjoyed our chats.

As for world t20, can't see england getting out the group unless they vastly improve their fielding and bowling.

bigred

Club Captain
England were good in the tests and first 2 odi's but poor after that. Was a good tour and enjoyed our chats.

As for world t20, can't see england getting out the group unless they vastly improve their fielding and bowling.

I think Finn for Jordan will make a big difference.

Users who are viewing this thread