English Football Thread 2013/14

Who will win the Premiership?

• Total voters

Epic

Panel of Selectors
I would argue having as many technically sound AMs/wingers as you guys have is a good reason alone that you don't need a striker with "technical ability", what you've seen is Eto'o, Torres and Ba go up against these deep defenses, basing Costa's potential effect against these sort of defenses off those 3 I don't think is smart.

ParkedTheBus

International Coach
Profile Flag
Australia
While our strikers have been poor, how many times have they been given proper chances? I mean, whenever inside the box, the MFs go for the shots themselves. I am not trying to defend Ba, Torres or Eto'o, but our MFs are too selfish. I still believe that if the strikers got good service, they could have scored 14 or 15 goals this season. Only Hazard(and to an extent Schurrle) creates proper chances. Oscar and Willian, IMHO, are too selfish.

Epic

Panel of Selectors
While our strikers have been poor, how many times have they been given proper chances? I mean, whenever inside the box, the MFs go for the shots themselves. I am not trying to defend Ba, Torres or Eto'o, but our MFs are too selfish. I still believe that if the strikers got good service, they could have scored 14 or 15 goals this season. Only Hazard(and to an extent Schurrle) creates proper chances. Oscar and Willian, IMHO, are too selfish.

That's the thing, I don't think either the manager or the creative players have shown faith in the 3 strikers, quite a lot of the times especially against those deep defenses you speak of, the team as a whole would just get frustrated, start hitting long balls and long shots from ridiculous angles, reminded me of us in 12-13 and the problems we had with creating chances and goalscoring, two things that go hand in hand.

War

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Anyone paying any attention to the Champions play-off with QPR & Derby?

ParkedTheBus

International Coach
Profile Flag
Australia
15:00. I am rooting for the rams! I want Bamford to score a hat trick. He is the only reason why I am supporting the Rams, other than the fact I hate QPR :p

ParkedTheBus

International Coach
Profile Flag
Australia
10407788_1054666181240264_8489431125410484230_n.jpg

Epic

Panel of Selectors
I'm purely speculating here, but what about Laudrup for the Southampton job? I haven't kept up with any of the transfer rumors in the last few days, but last I heard he had been offered the Granada job.

StinkyBoHoon

National Board President
very sceptical about laudrup, swansea have an ace setup that makes managers look good.

there's a certain david moyes out of a job, if southampton still want to invest and go forward they could do a hell of a lot worse.

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
Moyes wants Celtic I hear. Who wouldn't? CL football and a guaranteed title. Shame everyone in Scotland will be watching the Scottish Championship instead next season.

Users who are viewing this thread