English Football Thread 2013/14

Who will win the Premiership?

• Total voters

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
I would love Liverpool to win the title. I just think it will be Man City though.
Whatever happens Liverpool are back in the Champions League and that's great in itself.

Epic

Panel of Selectors
Although not related directly to English Football, this is huge news..
Barcelona banned from making transfers in the next two windows | Football News | Sky Sports

Makes me believe Pepe Reina would sign permanently for Napoli in that case, poor lad, it was always his wish to play for Barca.

Never did it seem like it was Barca's wish to have him play for them again though.

Should FIFA decide to whip the lash on a broad-scale basis now, Manchester United and Tottenham Hotspur will be the most anxious clubs in the EPL now due to their similar deals for Adnan Januzaj and Nabil Bentaleb respectively. Maybe even Chelsea and a few other clubs too will be under the scanner, but if such bans happen, they may have a devastating effect on the transfer market as a whole.

Code:
1. The player?s family has moved to the country for reasons other than the player?s transfer.

2. The move occurs within the European Union and the player is between 16-18.

3. The player?s home is less than 30 miles from the national border being crossed.

Both the signings of Januzaj and Bentaleb were done within the current regulations.

P Squared

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
Kagawa, Mata and Januzaj together today was a joy to watch, some of the play between them was breathtaking. Just Rooney in for Hernandez and thats a perfect front 4.

KBC

Panel of Selectors
Kagawa, Mata and Januzaj together today was a joy to watch, some of the play between them was breathtaking. Just Rooney in for Hernandez and thats a perfect front 4.

I've been craving to see them play together on the pitch ever since the prospect arised.

Great brace from Mata, typical class from him. He's settled in nicely and has created/scored in 7 goals since he joined. It was only a matter of time before he put his 'blues' away (hehehe).

Although I think Kagawa did as much to earn a pat on the back. I'm obsessed with his play, and it hurts to see him being underplayed or put out on the flank. But since recently he's beginning to dictate play from the flank and move in centrally more efficiently, indicating maybe that he's adapting to the role. Also linking up with a player with similar traits as Juan mata has actually helped him, contrary to how people dismissed Kagawa's chances of playing time since Mata arrived.

Great to see Nani back. He was his usual self in the final third, and if he doesn't choke up every now and then and miscue chances, he'll come good towards the end of the season. I'm surprised by the attacking prowess that United is, and we've seen very little of that this season. Chicharito, Januzaj, Young, Kagawa, Mata, Fellaini, Valencia, Fletcher and even Buttner, all were fielded on the pitch at some point today, and it doesn't help that Newcastle were forced to field a half second string team.

Lindegaard was awesome, stopped 2 clear cut shots. Definitely improved from his last outing. Hand him a new contract and be done with the drama for a new goalkeeper for good.

All in all this match accounts to nothing but stats and offers a glimmer of hope to finish in the top 4. If United can take their form into the one big match in Munich and pull off an memorable win over Bayern, Moyes would have pressure eased on him for all the decisions he's made to rue earlier in the season. It's all ifs and buts so you never know.

Last edited:

StinkyBoHoon

National Board President
and miscue chances, he'll come good towards the end of the season. I'm surprised by the attacking prowess that United is, and we've seen very little of that this season. Chicharito, Januzaj, Young, Kagawa, Mata, Fellaini, Valencia, Fletcher and even Buttner, all were fielded on the pitch at some point today, and it doesn't help that Newcastle were forced to field a half second string team.

I thin man u have been quite good offensively this season, they have looked awful against the top teams because their midfield just hasn't coped and the chances have dried up but overall they've been among the best 5 or 6 attacking teams.

where they've been appalling is at the back, their defense is a disgrace. and they need to make their midfield far more mobile.

(they won't get 4th, if they do arsene wenger should be sacked)

Last edited:

P Squared

International Coach
Hah, it would be so much fun if Arsenal finished outside the champions league spots, all the mocking by their fans when they were top in November, turns out they're not really any better than us.

Umair7

El Presidente
AUS..
Ireland
Kings XI
KK
Hobart Hurricanes
Survival Games Finalist
Champions League Winner
Avengers
Oval Invincibles
Profile Flag
Australia
Arsene No Cup Wenger

War

Chairman of Selectors
This could end up be a messy end of the season for Arsenal, was expecting a draw today - instead of such a dominant Everton win, geezzz

I sort of feel Pool can win it & has most would acknowledge this might be their best chance for a long time. Lack of champions league is helping them be fresher than City/Chelsea/Arsenal at this stage. Next year obviously they will have the same issues, so they probably have to cash in right now.

shravi

National Board President
Profile Flag
India
I believe Shravi has voted for Liverpool in the poll.........

Admittedly, I did it as a joke.

Big win today. Very nervous for the match vs City. Goals no longer make me happy, just relieved. Law of averages suggests we have to lose one soon because this winning run has just too long, and I think even one loss will put Liverpool out of contention for the title.

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
This could end up be a messy end of the season for Arsenal, was expecting a draw today - instead of such a dominant Everton win, geezzz

I sort of feel Pool can win it & has most would acknowledge this might be their best chance for a long time. Lack of champions league is helping them be fresher than City/Chelsea/Arsenal at this stage. Next year obviously they will have the same issues, so they probably have to cash in right now.

Still expect Arsenal to get 4th. We've still got to play both Utd and City.

ste_mc_efc

Chairman of Selectors
Admittedly, I did it as a joke.

Big win today. Very nervous for the match vs City. Goals no longer make me happy, just relieved. Law of averages suggests we have to lose one soon because this winning run has just been going too long, and I think even one loss will put Liverpool out of contention for the title.

nah you can (probably) take a loss, as long as it isn't against city.

It's hard for even the best teams to just win 5-6 in a row. I think city win all of their remaining matches (besides anfield) like maybe 10% of the time.

if you lose to city and win all of your others you probably still win the title about half the time.

Users who are viewing this thread